Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

So for arguments sake, let’s say 6k £300 ST’s are renewed, £1.8m

at 50% 

£900k

So you want the club you support to write off almost a million dabs to reward your loyalty.

Why not just get Sweaty Ken back in charge 

But he is not saying that, he is saying the price is too high. His opinion. 

If they were cheaper we would sell more that is pretty clear fact, enough to make up for a discount who knows ? Is 10% fair for folk who did not take a refund ? Not sure it is but everyone can make their own mind up. 

7 minutes ago, Rudy said:
55 minutes ago, petchy said:

As we’ve seen over the last few years season ticket money doesn’t tick the club over. Every year we make a substantial loss. 

Don’t tell me Sharon needs the money; these owners have significant wealth and season ticket money doesn’t scratch the surface!

So for arguments sake, let’s say 6k £300 ST’s are renewed, £1.8m

at 50% 

£900k

So you want the club you support to write off almost a million dabs to reward your loyalty.

Why not just get Sweaty Ken back in charge 

It would appear they expect Sharon to foot the bill, and provide free entertainment.

If only there had been an option to ask for a refund.

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

If they were cheaper we would sell more that is pretty clear fact, enough to make up for a discount who knows ? Is 10% fair for folk who did not take a refund ? Not sure it is but everyone can make their own mind up. 

at 50% discount, we would need to double ST Sales.

Could you really see us selling 16k season tickets in League 1/2?

We're not Bradford you know.

2 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

at 50% discount, we would need to double ST Sales.

Could you really see us selling 16k season tickets in League 1/2?

We're not Bradford you know.

Bradford do kids season tickets for about £5 too. 

7 minutes ago, Spider said:

There are folk who genuinely wouldn't be happy if Sharon gave them 50% off, a reacharound at half time, free ale and a new hat.

Loyalty is a 2 way street.

You can not say someone who refused a refund is not loyal. 

Last season if I took a refund I would have £450 back, I got nothing. This year I will get £45 discount. So however you look at it I have 'paid' £405 in loyalty. I do not have a problem with it but can see why others expected more. This 2 way street in your example is one way. 

Edited by Ani

48 minutes ago, petchy said:

They’ve done the bare minimum. In 10% off. They said this would be based on how many games we got in to this season (ZERO). 

If you paid £450 to go somewhere; a show, concert or theatre. But instead only watched it on your telly at home. Would you want your money back ? Course you would! 

But because this is football. We have our blinkers on. This is the 3rd season we’ve been shafted. I’ve had a season ticket since I’ve been 7. It’s not about the money. It’s about doing what’s right. 

Of course every club needs money; but plenty of clubs this season have pro rata based on ifollow costs. Or rolled over to next season. Other clubs have reduced new tickets significantly. 

As we’ve seen over the last few years season ticket money doesn’t tick the club over. Every year we make a substantial loss. 

Wouldn’t  it have been nice for the club to reward loyal fans this next season. Of which, btw there is no guarantee we will even get in again ! 

Don’t tell me Sharon needs the money; these owners have significant wealth and season ticket money doesn’t scratch the surface!

If these owners had not stepped in it was a possibility we went out of business 20 months ago.  The theatre/concert analogy is not relevant as our football club still had to cover wages and overheads the same way it would in non-covid times.  Season tickets are a huge part of the revenue for a L2 club.  They could make it cheaper for supporters but then we would not be as strong on the pitch and you would probably be moaning about the team being poor.  Make your mind up, either you want a team that can get back up the leagues or you want a cheap matchday experience and probably see BWFC stay in the lower leagues ?  I'm happy to pay a bit more for the former but I also understand that not everyone can do this.

51 minutes ago, Hutch said:

There will be strong views on both sides but I think this is a big, big mistake 

Time will tell if they have got this right and they do get close to 8 thou renewing

I would have proposed a 50% discount but supporters could have made a voluntary contribution of up to 50% discount back to the club and then received offers on a sliding scale depending on the contribution (free access to LOV for one game, Coca Cola cup match free, free coach to away game, etc). Think plenty would have supported this

Are you from planet Zonk? 50%? Really?

• Members
33 minutes ago, Ani said:

He’s entitled to it I think he’s wrong that it’s too high. 
Essentially getting 3/4 games for free. That’s a recent reward for loyalty.

Anyways what we sell will go off what happens on Saturday 

1 hour ago, petchy said:

If you paid £450 to go somewhere; a show, concert or theatre. But instead only watched it on your telly at home. Would you want your money back ? Course you would

Of course I would want my money back, a concert or show or whatever else is not something I've been in love with for the best part of 50 years, so your point is moot.

10% is poor in my opinion. Token gesture.

A lot were loyal to the club when they possibly couldn’t afford to be and had no idea how long non-attendance would actually last. 

That loyalty has not been fairly rewarded.

For fear of not appearing like a true fan most will say they are happy with the 10%.

I expected at least 25% and If we don’t get promoted then it’s simply not enough.

Edited by captainmed

1 hour ago, Hutch said:

There will be strong views on both sides but I think this is a big, big mistake 

Time will tell if they have got this right and they do get close to 8 thou renewing

I would have proposed a 50% discount but supporters could have made a voluntary contribution of up to 50% discount back to the club and then received offers on a sliding scale depending on the contribution (free access to LOV for one game, Coca Cola cup match free, free coach to away game, etc). Think plenty would have supported this

What league we are playing in next season will be a bigger factor in how many we sell rather than another 10% discount. 

I can understand folk being slightly underwhelmed by a 10 % discount given their commitment this season

However the owners have to make a call on what the existing season ticket holders will do , given they have to run the club on the proceeds .

I think a few will jack it ,that's their prerogative.I will renew but the thought of another ifollow season fills me with dread.

I paid for my season ticket for 4  months before sadly I had to give it up due to Furlough because it really was a choice between paying for something I will never use or eating, so I do not expect anything back because I did give it up but I did pay 4 months purely because of my love for the  club, I am happy to pay full price next season is what I am trying to say 

1 hour ago, Hutch said:

This has got to be some kind of joke.....

I’ve backed my club with hard earned cash when I knew we wouldn’t be attending as I wanted to support them 

My “reward” is 10% off!!!!!!!!!

Get fucked

Are you a wind up merchant? Any discount is a bonus

9 minutes ago, captainmed said:

Perhaps they could have had a 2 tier pricing system and rewarded those who didn’t claim the money back with a higher discount?

Thats what we have.

Those who got a refund, or didnt have a season ticket, pay headline prices.

Those who has a ST, and didnt ask for refund, get the additional 10% off (after early purhcase discount, lifeline discount etc).

Just now, ZiggyStardust said:

Thats what we have.

Those who got a refund, or didnt have a season ticket, pay headline prices.

Those who has a ST, and didnt ask for refund, get the additional 10% off (after early purhcase discount, lifeline discount etc).

Oh sorry I’ve not read it properly.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, petchy said:

They’ve done the bare minimum. In 10% off. They said this would be based on how many games we got in to this season (ZERO). 

If you paid £450 to go somewhere; a show, concert or theatre. But instead only watched it on your telly at home. Would you want your money back ? Course you would! 

But because this is football. We have our blinkers on. This is the 3rd season we’ve been shafted. I’ve had a season ticket since I’ve been 7. It’s not about the money. It’s about doing what’s right. 

Of course every club needs money; but plenty of clubs this season have pro rata based on ifollow costs. Or rolled over to next season. Other clubs have reduced new tickets significantly. 

Wouldn’t  it have been nice for the club to reward loyal fans this next season. Of which, btw there is no guarantee we will even get in again ! 

you get your name on a wall as well you know

1 minute ago, captainmed said:

Oh sorry I’ve not read it properly.

It may be me who has not read it properly. I may owe you an apology.

I cant see the usual early purchase discount, plus the loyalty.

It appears the normal early purchase has been renamed the loyaly bonus.

I read it this:

Those who has ST last season (whether the asked for a refund or not) have the oportunity to get them 10% cheaper if they get them by 6th June.

Everyone else, full price.

Lifeline is the normal discount.

£715 for our 3 last year, £660 this.

*Also, any supporter who held a season ticket during 2020/21 season and ultimately dropped off or cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic will also have the opportunity to purchase a season ticket during the early purchase renewals period.

^^^ Thats the bit that may cause uproar.

25 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

I paid for my season ticket for 4  months before sadly I had to give it up due to Furlough because it really was a choice between paying for something I will never use or eating, so I do not expect anything back because I did give it up but I did pay 4 months purely because of my love for the  club, I am happy to pay full price next season is what I am trying to say 

Sounds like you get the discount 

People get hung about discounts, it is actually only the price you pay that matters. 
Total cost for me and youth is about £475, rather than  about £520 with no discount . If they made the full price £950 but gave me 50% off I would be no different. 

My only question is am I happy to pay £475 and the answer is yes. Yoof just said he will pay for his own so a result there. Would I have taken a lower price if offered, of course but the discount is a distraction. 

12 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

It may be me who has not read it properly. I may owe you an apology.

I cant see the usual early purchase discount, plus the loyalty.

It appears the normal early purchase has been renamed the loyaly bonus.

I read it this:

Those who has ST last season (whether the asked for a refund or not) have the oportunity to get them 10% cheaper if they get them by 6th June.

Everyone else, full price.

Lifeline is the normal discount.

£715 for our 3 last year, £660 this.

*Also, any supporter who held a season ticket during 2020/21 season and ultimately dropped off or cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic will also have the opportunity to purchase a season ticket during the early purchase renewals period.

^^^ Thats the bit that may cause uproar.

So in essence the early bird discount has been renamed the loyalty bonus...mmmm not too impressed by that if that's the true interpretation. But won't stop me renewing 

Edited by Take Hunt Off

4 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

So in essence the early bird discount has been renamed the loyalty bonus...mmmm not too impressed by that if that's the true interpretation. But won't stop me renewing 

I woul;d have has the Early discount last year if it existed, and its still  cheaper, so tr may have gone previously.

The early prices (ESL at least) are ~15% chaeper than full price, so 5% Early, 10% Loyalty (plus 5% Lifeline).

Mine works out at 19% less than full price.

I can live with that.