Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

Under any normal circumstances I'd be quite happy that we've shifted 8500 STs as a league 1 side. However, given we were so close to going under I hoped that might galvanise a few more thousand to purchase them.  It's obvious that the support and love for the club is out there but it doesn't appear (yet) to be transferring into hard cash/ticket sales.

Realistically a Season Ticket doesn't make a great saving on match day prices. I know a few Season ticket Holders that miss matches due to work commitments, it's cheaper to buy on a match to match basis for them as they can't do midweek matches. Maybe on the day sales will be better than previous years, we'll see

My guess is we’ll probably average around 10 -11k at home games this season. That means we’ve lost 4-5k fans since last time we were in Div1. Given the atmosphere and noise generated by the remaining Wanderers fans so far this season, it’s obvious that most of the missing fans were either moaning cnuts or just stayed silent during games - fuck ‘em, it’s better without them.

1 hour ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Realistically a Season Ticket doesn't make a great saving on match day prices.

Based on 18 remaining games and matchday prices of twenty quid, a North Stand season ticket amounts to a saving of £144, so you’d have to miss eight games before you were out of pocket. Tighter margins in the East and West, of course.

The season ticket gubbins the club put out bases the savings calcs on 17 games - have I counted wrong or do they know something about the Doncaster game we don’t?

7 minutes ago, enzo gambaro said:

Based on 18 remaining games and matchday prices of twenty quid, a North Stand season ticket amounts to a saving of £144, so you’d have to miss eight games before you were out of pocket. Tighter margins in the East and West, of course.

The season ticket gubbins the club put out bases the savings calcs on 17 games - have I counted wrong or do they know something about the Doncaster game we don’t?

Dont think Donc game is included within the season ticket

23 minutes ago, enzo gambaro said:

Doncaster game isn't included in the season ticket games.

In the West Stand a season ticket gives you a saving of 3 free games, there's already 3 midweek fixtures, so no savings for those I've mentioned & that of course is before any Saturday games get moved for 1. Bad weather 2. Cup games 3. International breaks or of course 4. Any special deals they might do were the match ticket is less than the normal £20

I can see their thinking around not renewing

8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

My guess is we’ll probably average around 10 -11k at home games this season. That means we’ve lost 4-5k fans since last time we were in Div1. Given the atmosphere and noise generated by the remaining Wanderers fans so far this season, it’s obvious that most of the missing fans were either moaning cnuts or just stayed silent during games - fuck ‘em, it’s better without them.

An average of 10k in a Div 1 relegation season would be very respectable.  The 15k of the promotion year was much exaggerated by the £5 game v Chesterfield (23k) and the last 2 'promotion' games v Bury and Posh (over 40k total).  Also 17k v Sheff U and Bradford with the full away ends, we've only got that luxury once this season and even that was reduced.  Most home games in 2016/17 had crowds of 13k so if we can push 11k its not a huge reduction.

9 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Think you are bang on, reading a thread in Reebok roar the other day and couldn’t believe the whinging excuses. ‘What about the Brentford match”, etc etc. Many that cancelled their dd’s probably not renewed. I agree that the atmosphere is no worse either, which supports the theory that the whingers haven’t renewed. When we start winning they will be scrapping for tickets. 

Edited by white noise
Mistype

11 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Hang on a minute, I fall into both categories here.  Every home game this season, and my 1 away game, I've sung loud and proud and applauded every tackle and pass.  Because I've responded to the circumstances, the players that I enjoy watching, the owners and the managers etc.  But I reserve the right to be a moaner when Parky is picking the team, or an idiot is in charge of the club and I'm watching Pratley, Trotter, Taylor or Thorpe while ALF or Oz are left on the bench.  As for the silent types, I sit amongst a few, and respect that they just aren't into singing, or showing much emotion.  My daughter in law kicks every ball and follows the team as passionately as most, but if she's ever joined in the singing I must have missed it.

Based on the games I'd miss for the reasons my Yorkshire friend suggests, a season ticket isn't financial sense for me, but with a sason ticket I attend every game that I can.

Without the ST, I'd miss some games that I could make.

Plus the club need my £300 more than I do really.

6 hours ago, Traf said:

Based on the games I'd miss for the reasons my Yorkshire friend suggests, a season ticket isn't financial sense for me, but with a sason ticket I attend every game that I can.

Without the ST, I'd miss some games that I could make.

Plus the club need my £300 more than I do really.

Well put. Not a dig at anyone who isn’t. Just thought that was well summed up 

23 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Hang on a minute, I fall into both categories here.  Every home game this season, and my 1 away game, I've sung loud and proud and applauded every tackle and pass.  Because I've responded to the circumstances, the players that I enjoy watching, the owners and the managers etc.  But I reserve the right to be a moaner when Parky is picking the team, or an idiot is in charge of the club and I'm watching Pratley, Trotter, Taylor or Thorpe while ALF or Oz are left on the bench.  As for the silent types, I sit amongst a few, and respect that they just aren't into singing, or showing much emotion.  My daughter in law kicks every ball and follows the team as passionately as most, but if she's ever joined in the singing I must have missed it.

Fairy muff, but.

a, Parky isn't here anymore,so nowt to moan about there.

b, Perhaps you should relocate from the West stand.

1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Fairy muff, but.

a, Parky isn't here anymore,so nowt to moan about there.

b, Perhaps you should relocate from the West stand.

I've sat in East Lower for many years.  Halfway between half way line and crazy corner.  The vast majority around us don't sing, although we've got quite a few opinionated fans who like a good shout at the opposition, the manager, the ref, Buckley etc.  There's an old guy behind me who wouldn't say boo to a goose outside of the 90 minutes, but he is on tenterhooks the whole match and moans and groans constantly, because he's desperate for us to win.  There's a guy sits next to me who lives in Bristol and has a S/T (but misses a few) and I've never heard him say 1 word of comment on the match.  He comes to watch.  A lovely old couple sit just a few seats away they must be late 70s, I've seen them game after game for about 15 years whatever the weather, but its just not in their nature to show emotion, good or bad.  It takes all sorts, and they're all bigger fans than many 'vocal' fans that pick and choose their games.  

8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I've sat in East Lower for many years.  Halfway between half way line and crazy corner.  The vast majority around us don't sing, although we've got quite a few opinionated fans who like a good shout at the opposition, the manager, the ref, Buckley etc.  There's an old guy behind me who wouldn't say boo to a goose outside of the 90 minutes, but he is on tenterhooks the whole match and moans and groans constantly, because he's desperate for us to win.  There's a guy sits next to me who lives in Bristol and has a S/T (but misses a few) and I've never heard him say 1 word of comment on the match.  He comes to watch.  A lovely old couple sit just a few seats away they must be late 70s, I've seen them game after game for about 15 years whatever the weather, but its just not in their nature to show emotion, good or bad.  It takes all sorts, and they're all bigger fans than many 'vocal' fans that pick and choose their games.  

I sat in the same area for the Sunlun’ game, twas a Beltin' atmosphere - no moaners, just great support.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

TBH I've not sat there this season yet because I've bought a ticket for a different seat every game, more towards the South Stand.  I've enjoyed moving around, getting a different view of the game and mingling with people I've known for years or some I've never seen in my life.  Great atmosphere at every game so far, I hope it continues when we all settle back into our regular seats and the novelty of our situation has levelled off.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone actually got their card through the post yet?

Just wondering as the e-version doesn't work, going to need to get a lot sent out this week.

They haven't sent any yet (or hadn't end of last week when I asked). Sending them out this week. But I've got the digital ticket thing working - I think its fine with apple. Google seems to be t'issue.