Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
nottinghamtrotter

Season Tickets

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, enzo gambaro said:

Based on 18 remaining games and matchday prices of twenty quid, a North Stand season ticket amounts to a saving of £144, so you’d have to miss eight games before you were out of pocket. Tighter margins in the East and West, of course.

The season ticket gubbins the club put out bases the savings calcs on 17 games - have I counted wrong or do they know something about the Doncaster game we don’t?

Dont think Donc game is included within the season ticket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, enzo gambaro said:

Based on 18 remaining games and matchday prices of twenty quid, a North Stand season ticket amounts to a saving of £144, so you’d have to miss eight games before you were out of pocket. Tighter margins in the East and West, of course.

The season ticket gubbins the club put out bases the savings calcs on 17 games - have I counted wrong or do they know something about the Doncaster game we don’t?

Doncaster game isn't included in the season ticket games.

In the West Stand a season ticket gives you a saving of 3 free games, there's already 3 midweek fixtures, so no savings for those I've mentioned & that of course is before any Saturday games get moved for 1. Bad weather 2. Cup games 3. International breaks or of course 4. Any special deals they might do were the match ticket is less than the normal £20

I can see their thinking around not renewing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doncaster isn't included because all seats were on open sale, so seats which have subsequently been chosen for season tickets will in some cases have already been sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

My guess is we’ll probably average around 10 -11k at home games this season. That means we’ve lost 4-5k fans since last time we were in Div1. Given the atmosphere and noise generated by the remaining Wanderers fans so far this season, it’s obvious that most of the missing fans were either moaning cnuts or just stayed silent during games - fuck ‘em, it’s better without them.

An average of 10k in a Div 1 relegation season would be very respectable.  The 15k of the promotion year was much exaggerated by the £5 game v Chesterfield (23k) and the last 2 'promotion' games v Bury and Posh (over 40k total).  Also 17k v Sheff U and Bradford with the full away ends, we've only got that luxury once this season and even that was reduced.  Most home games in 2016/17 had crowds of 13k so if we can push 11k its not a huge reduction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

My guess is we’ll probably average around 10 -11k at home games this season. That means we’ve lost 4-5k fans since last time we were in Div1. Given the atmosphere and noise generated by the remaining Wanderers fans so far this season, it’s obvious that most of the missing fans were either moaning cnuts or just stayed silent during games - fuck ‘em, it’s better without them.

Think you are bang on, reading a thread in Reebok roar the other day and couldn’t believe the whinging excuses. ‘What about the Brentford match”, etc etc. Many that cancelled their dd’s probably not renewed. I agree that the atmosphere is no worse either, which supports the theory that the whingers haven’t renewed. When we start winning they will be scrapping for tickets. 

Edited by white noise
Mistype

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

My guess is we’ll probably average around 10 -11k at home games this season. That means we’ve lost 4-5k fans since last time we were in Div1. Given the atmosphere and noise generated by the remaining Wanderers fans so far this season, it’s obvious that most of the missing fans were either moaning cnuts or just stayed silent during games - fuck ‘em, it’s better without them.

Hang on a minute, I fall into both categories here.  Every home game this season, and my 1 away game, I've sung loud and proud and applauded every tackle and pass.  Because I've responded to the circumstances, the players that I enjoy watching, the owners and the managers etc.  But I reserve the right to be a moaner when Parky is picking the team, or an idiot is in charge of the club and I'm watching Pratley, Trotter, Taylor or Thorpe while ALF or Oz are left on the bench.  As for the silent types, I sit amongst a few, and respect that they just aren't into singing, or showing much emotion.  My daughter in law kicks every ball and follows the team as passionately as most, but if she's ever joined in the singing I must have missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the games I'd miss for the reasons my Yorkshire friend suggests, a season ticket isn't financial sense for me, but with a sason ticket I attend every game that I can.

Without the ST, I'd miss some games that I could make.

Plus the club need my £300 more than I do really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Traf said:

Based on the games I'd miss for the reasons my Yorkshire friend suggests, a season ticket isn't financial sense for me, but with a sason ticket I attend every game that I can.

Without the ST, I'd miss some games that I could make.

Plus the club need my £300 more than I do really.

Well put. Not a dig at anyone who isn’t. Just thought that was well summed up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2019 at 10:20, radcliffewhite1 said:

Should say congratulations you are apart of an elite group

Double hardcore if you suffered or embraced our 1987/88 Division season 👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Hang on a minute, I fall into both categories here.  Every home game this season, and my 1 away game, I've sung loud and proud and applauded every tackle and pass.  Because I've responded to the circumstances, the players that I enjoy watching, the owners and the managers etc.  But I reserve the right to be a moaner when Parky is picking the team, or an idiot is in charge of the club and I'm watching Pratley, Trotter, Taylor or Thorpe while ALF or Oz are left on the bench.  As for the silent types, I sit amongst a few, and respect that they just aren't into singing, or showing much emotion.  My daughter in law kicks every ball and follows the team as passionately as most, but if she's ever joined in the singing I must have missed it.

Fairy muff, but.

a, Parky isn't here anymore,so nowt to moan about there.

b, Perhaps you should relocate from the West stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Fairy muff, but.

a, Parky isn't here anymore,so nowt to moan about there.

b, Perhaps you should relocate from the West stand.

I've sat in East Lower for many years.  Halfway between half way line and crazy corner.  The vast majority around us don't sing, although we've got quite a few opinionated fans who like a good shout at the opposition, the manager, the ref, Buckley etc.  There's an old guy behind me who wouldn't say boo to a goose outside of the 90 minutes, but he is on tenterhooks the whole match and moans and groans constantly, because he's desperate for us to win.  There's a guy sits next to me who lives in Bristol and has a S/T (but misses a few) and I've never heard him say 1 word of comment on the match.  He comes to watch.  A lovely old couple sit just a few seats away they must be late 70s, I've seen them game after game for about 15 years whatever the weather, but its just not in their nature to show emotion, good or bad.  It takes all sorts, and they're all bigger fans than many 'vocal' fans that pick and choose their games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I've sat in East Lower for many years.  Halfway between half way line and crazy corner.  The vast majority around us don't sing, although we've got quite a few opinionated fans who like a good shout at the opposition, the manager, the ref, Buckley etc.  There's an old guy behind me who wouldn't say boo to a goose outside of the 90 minutes, but he is on tenterhooks the whole match and moans and groans constantly, because he's desperate for us to win.  There's a guy sits next to me who lives in Bristol and has a S/T (but misses a few) and I've never heard him say 1 word of comment on the match.  He comes to watch.  A lovely old couple sit just a few seats away they must be late 70s, I've seen them game after game for about 15 years whatever the weather, but its just not in their nature to show emotion, good or bad.  It takes all sorts, and they're all bigger fans than many 'vocal' fans that pick and choose their games.  

I sat in the same area for the Sunlun’ game, twas a Beltin' atmosphere - no moaners, just great support.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I've not sat there this season yet because I've bought a ticket for a different seat every game, more towards the South Stand.  I've enjoyed moving around, getting a different view of the game and mingling with people I've known for years or some I've never seen in my life.  Great atmosphere at every game so far, I hope it continues when we all settle back into our regular seats and the novelty of our situation has levelled off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Anyone actually got their card through the post yet?

Just wondering as the e-version doesn't work, going to need to get a lot sent out this week.

They haven't sent any yet (or hadn't end of last week when I asked). Sending them out this week. But I've got the digital ticket thing working - I think its fine with apple. Google seems to be t'issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

 But I've got the digital ticket thing working - I think its fine with apple. Google seems to be t'issue. 

I'm on android and failed miserably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mines android and its fine

put mine and my lads on mine

he put mine and his on apple

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Casino said:

mines android and its fine

put mine and my lads on mine

he put mine and his on apple

Ivor Novello nomination imminent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m useless with this kind of stuff but the apple wallet thingy couldn’t be simpler. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.