Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

No, it means an excuse not to go has been discounted and you've got to think of another one.

I’m a grown man. I don’t need an excuse. If I don’t want to go I won’t go. 

Tell you what, I’ve a plan to increase revenue and improve atmosphere.

Close the lower tiers, move everybody upstairs and charge them all £400.

You in? Or will you be, in your own words, ‘a cunt’?

Edited by mickbrown

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I’m a grown man. I don’t need an excuse. If I don’t want to go I won’t go. 

Tell you what, I’ve a plan to increase revenue and improve atmosphere.

Close the lower tiers, move everybody upstairs and charge them all £400.

You in? Or will you be, in your own words, ‘a cunt’?

I'll go in WSU but I want the front row. I don't give a toss that someone has sat in the same seat since the stadium opened, if I'm being relocated I need preferential treatment.

Sound familiar?

11 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I'll go in WSU but I want the front row. I don't give a toss that someone has sat in the same seat since the stadium opened, if I'm being relocated I need preferential treatment.

Sound familiar?

You could probably get a seat on that row no worries.

The year we were moved we were given upper for lower tier price. I don’t see the issue.

Anyway looks like they’ll all stay open so all hypothetical.

5 hours ago, DirtySanchez said:

What if we are away?

Folk will then complain they are 'owed' a game 

We could probably get to the final playing every game away and there would be some saying they were duped

If it’s thrown in as free I’d be surprised if anyone did personally.

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Sound familiar?

You'll probably get front row in esu. At the last home game in a lull in proceedings I counted only 53 occupied seats on the front row.

8 hours ago, burnden said:

I would like to see early round (home) cup games included as a bonus.

This topic's been done before.  Cant happen, it means putting a game on at a loss.  You have to pay the EFL 20% and the away team 40%.  So if 8k S/T holders turn up in a crowd of 10k paying £10 a head, we'd have to send £60k to others whilst taking £20k at the turnstile.  And pay all the costs of opening the stadium and any players appearances of win bonuses.  We're skint enough already.

• Members
55 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

This topic's been done before.  Cant happen, it means putting a game on at a loss.  You have to pay the EFL 20% and the away team 40%.  So if 8k S/T holders turn up in a crowd of 10k paying £10 a head, we'd have to send £60k to others whilst taking £20k at the turnstile.  And pay all the costs of opening the stadium and any players appearances of win bonuses.  We're skint enough already.

Didn't know that, cheers.

No worries.  When everyone hopes for an away tie at Man U or Liverpool its to make a few hundred grand out of it, so logically the home team cant be dishing out free tickets to home fans.  I do think there could be free tickets for season ticket holders for the Auto Windscreens/Leyland Daf/Sherpa Van Trophy because no club is in that to make money before the final, every club should agree to let S/T holders in free if only to get a crowd in.

14 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

No worries.  When everyone hopes for an away tie at Man U or Liverpool its to make a few hundred grand out of it, so logically the home team cant be dishing out free tickets to home fans.  I do think there could be free tickets for season ticket holders for the Auto Windscreens/Leyland Daf/Sherpa Van Trophy because no club is in that to make money before the final, every club should agree to let S/T holders in free if only to get a crowd in.

Hypothetically speaking if 10k season tickets turn up for free - the club still have to steward police and refreskments costs for the game, 

18 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

nice in theory but If you had an event and you had say 100k costs to put it on. Would you let 10k people in for free “to get a crowd on” or would you take £15 a man off say 3k folk and reduce your loss to 55k from 100k?

if the answer is a no you’ve never ran a business. Which is what Football is and one with incredibly high fixed costs. 

24 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

nice in theory but If you had an event and you had say 100k costs to put it on. Would you let 10k people in for free “to get a crowd on” or would you take £15 a man off say 3k folk and reduce your loss to 55k from 100k?

if the answer is a no you’ve never ran a business. Which is what Football is and one with incredibly high fixed costs. 

I suppose the question to counter that would be how many more ST holders would we gain off the back of it to afford to sub those games? I’ve no idea.

26 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Fair point although we all know you'd be lucky to get 50% of S/T holders turning up given that only about 75% turn up for 8pm league games, probably less. Maybe a nominal charge of £2 to season ticket holders (its only ever £5 for non S/T holders but its a gesture and for a family of 4 may be the difference between going and not going).  I wont be attending anyway until Prem youth teams are removed but that's another discussion.