Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Season Tickets

nottinghamtrotter

• Site Supporter

You have a real decision to make if delivering to the top tiers;

Say they have two trays on each concession stall. Do you put two trays on your shoulders and start yomping up those infernal internal stairs or do you just take one but do the stairs twice?

What would be the best option?

16 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Say they have two trays on each concession stall. Do you put two trays on your shoulders and start yomping up those infernal internal stairs or do you just take one but do the stairs twice?

Get somebody else to do it 

21 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Use the lift like any sensible person would who has to carry owt!

I gather a fair few of you sit up there. 

For me, I think it just makes it look better (closing the upper tiers), more intimidating an atmosphere and a bit of togetherness having everyone packed in and lower down. They've said cost wise there's not a huge difference and fair enough, for me it was always an aesthetic and atmosphere issue. 

Edited by Anderson

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Use the lift

17 minutes ago, Anderson said:

I gather a fair few of you sit up there. 

For me, I think it just makes it look better (closing the upper tiers), more intimidating an atmosphere and a bit of togetherness having everyone packed in and lower down. They've said cost wise there's not a huge difference and fair enough, for me it was always an aesthetic and atmosphere issue. 

It only seems to be an issue for those in the lower tiers. Us up top were quite happy as it was. 

1 minute ago, mickbrown said:

It only seems to be an issue for those in the lower tiers. Us up top were quite happy as it was. 

Well, yeah. 

I don't know how much difference it would make in reality atmosphere wise long term, but the games when it has been implemented have been better in my opinion. Just looks a bit drab and small time having a couple hundred spread out across massive swathes of empty seats. 

Don't get me wrong though, I'm only arsed because of how it looks on TV and to opposition. So I suppose it's all superficial, if you're so arsed that you won't go if you can't sit up there then your thoughts on it have more weight than mine.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Surely an empty stand looks as shit as one that is sparsely occupied?

Not that what others perceive is of any importance.

Give us something to get behind on the pitch and folk will be in them.

And making a racket...=D>

15 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Well, yeah. 

I don't know how much difference it would make in reality atmosphere wise long term, but the games when it has been implemented have been better in my opinion. Just looks a bit drab and small time having a couple hundred spread out across massive swathes of empty seats. 

Don't get me wrong though, I'm only arsed because of how it looks on TV and to opposition. So I suppose it's all superficial, if you're so arsed that you won't go if you can't sit up there then your thoughts on it have more weight than mine.

Nowt more small time than half a stadium being open if you ask me, but then I’m biased. 

How about my plan of shutting the lower tiers and charging everybody £400 to sit up top?

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Nowt more small time than half a stadium being open if you ask me, but then I’m biased. 

How about my plan of shutting the lower tiers and charging everybody £400 to sit up top?

Might not be big enough, when Keith starts a miracle season- current upper tier folk might have to go downstairs...

Very few disagreed with you Mick, and correctly, the club have kept them open.

6 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Might not be big enough, when Keith starts a miracle season- current upper tier folk might have to go downstairs...

Very few disagreed with you Mick, and correctly, the club have kept them open.

Yep. I must admit to being in a slight state of shock at the club not totally fecking this up. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, dave2980 said:

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

2 hours ago, dave2980 said:

1 hour ago, mickbrown said:

Use the lift

I knew the East and West had lifts but was unaware the North and South did.