Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Coventry

gonzo

Makes me laugh how people will be moaning that a 25M takeover is hard and asking for FV to pay more to get it done then lose their minds over being asked to fork out £24. £4 more than the weekend.

This is surely a time to remind everyone of the potential of our club and help encourage those buying us to see that. Not to have wobbly bottom lips over a few quid here or there. Club needs saving. 

• Site Supporter

It’s a tad more than I was expecting but doesn’t make a jot of difference to me, I’ll be there.

Dont know or care about the reasoning behind the price but the clubs up the shitter, I’m happy we are in a position for me to contribute £24 to the club coffers

18 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Jesus Christ nobody is taking the piss We are not in any sort of ' normal situation' were criticism of pricing might be valid . This is our club on its fucking knees !!

spot on

Pity they didn't explain things more but we are where we are and its not a lot to pay under the circumstances

5 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Makes me laugh how people will be moaning that a 25M takeover is hard and asking for FV to pay more to get it done then lose their minds over being asked to fork out £24. £4 more than the weekend.

This is surely a time to remind everyone of the potential of our club and help encourage those buying us to see that. Not to have wobbly bottom lips over a few quid here or there. Club needs saving. 

Again, you like many others or talking from prospective of people like you and me and many on this forum that’d be there no matter what they charge. 

Fact is not everybody thinks like that, especially not the bolton public. 

They had a chance, whoever they may be to make a huge day of it and fill the ground. Suppose it’s a gamble they couldn’t afford to take.

It’s not just about superfans, there’s folk that aren’t that arsed would’ve gone. Whether anyone’s arsed they are there or not is a different matter. 

47 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

The fuckers still owe me and many others for Brentford. How hard would it have been to send out a freebie to all last year’s season ticket holders?

Goodwill instantly created, season ticket holders more likely to renew. Piece of piss to do, it’s a win win. 

But no, let’s squeeze every last drop from the fucking mugs. 

It’s bollocks. 

New owners, not KA.  the new owners owe you nothing, this is where you show the love.  Your probably a better fan than me, but let's turn out 

14 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Again, you like many others or talking from prospective of people like you and me and many on this forum that’d be there no matter what they charge. 

Fact is not everybody thinks like that, especially not the bolton public. 

They had a chance, whoever they may be to make a huge day of it and fill the ground. Suppose it’s a gamble they couldn’t afford to take.

It’s not just about superfans, there’s folk that aren’t that arsed would’ve gone. Whether anyone’s arsed they are there or not is a different matter. 

Correct. Any chance of filling is now gone. I’m sure someone will say we wouldn’t fill but we don’t know and please don’t tell me the administrators are on the pulse regarding this sort of thing.

Every club has thick and thin element. What are we doing to entice the rest? Nothing.

Edited by tomski

2 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

New owners, not KA.  the new owners owe you nothing, this is where you show the love.  Your probably a better fan than me, but let's turn out 

Agree on this. Not the administrators job to sort Brentford and if new owners sort it out I’m happy to let it go.

4 minutes ago, burnden said:

Its like super fan central on here tonight , not everyone's circumstances allow them to just pay whatever the club/administrators decide to charge.

And the club/admin circumstances don’t allow them to make a loss on the game....so what you gonna do?

I wonder how many folk will be “secretly glad” they now have a readymade excuse not to go now, to add to the litany they’ve used over the years

OINO*

* but only when it’s on my own very specific terms 

you can’t have “I just want a club to support” and then “they owe me for Brentford” in the same breath

Well it seems you can if you’re a Bolton fan

8 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I wonder how many folk will be “secretly glad” they now have a readymade excuse not to go now, to add to the litany they’ve used over the years

OINO*

you can’t have “I just want a club to support” and then “they owe me for Brentford” in the same breath

I’m a grown bloke.

I don’t need an excuse to not go and watch 22 blokes kick a bag of wind about. 

10 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

OINO*

4 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

You might not but many others do

The only excuse people need is that it's shit. Over priced shit at that. 

2 hours ago, Ani said:

Despite last Saturday being brilliant this Saturday is arguably more important 

prices are higher than I expected but understand why. 

Anyone not going because it is £24 rather than £20 or less may as well admit they are not that arsed about the club surviving. 

People are desperate for the club to survive, and they want the NHS to thrive, and the train services to improve, and schools to have loads of funding and enough teachers.  And plenty police to improve law and order.  But ask them to pay towards it and you can go and get stuffed.

2 hours ago, Eavesy said:

Can someone please do an analysis of the increase in ticket sales through reduced ticket prices? When it’s a fiver or a tenner.

its resulted in increases of 500 - 1000 fans absolute maximum. 

Kens mentioned it about 10’times and he’s the main mon

Exactly.  Add to that the fact that Coventry will probably bring 3,500 whether its £10 or £24, it would need a huge increase in BW fans to make up the shortfall we'd lose from the away fans.

1 minute ago, darrener said:

The only excuse people need is that it's shit. Over priced shit at that. 

Tough shit, but they’ll be letting down their family who watched us through thick and thin, they’ll be letting down the teams that entertained them through the good times.  It’s a rollercoaster ride watching Bolton Wanderers, we are all accustomed to that, so don’t let your forefathers down, don’t let the future of our club down, the clicking of the turnstiles makes us what we are.