Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Coventry

gonzo

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Do not go then. But as mentioned if there is no club in the future do not complain. 

By random business men do you mean FV ? Or KA ? 

Who are the players that have been blamed for not giving up money ? Are you defending Josh McG ? 

Should the admin do the job for free ? They charge a load as they do to any business our size. If they do not do their job we cease to exist. 

Marc Isles gets grief because as an esteemed local journalist he has failed to remain neutral and instead of reporting the story has picked sides. Deano and ST are untouchable to him. But he is quick to have digs at FV re the pricing 

All of the above really (except Magennis, who on balance should've played this week).

Ken was consistently defended for years for looking out for his own interests above all else (and still is by a couple of posters in the other thread). FV now the same, despite this all still rumbling on however many months after they agreed a deal with Ken, and x amount of false dawns and missed deadlines since.

Which is all one thing, but then the players (including lads like Wheater) are labelled rabble rousing cunts for not wanting to work unpaid, and looking out for their careers/families. And if they don't get paid again this month, the new scapegoat will be fans who don't go on Saturday.

If you're going to go after someone for this shitshow, why pick on the people that have no say in any of it?

Just now, Tombwfc said:

All of the above really (except Magennis, who on balance should've played this week).

Ken was consistently defended for years for looking out for his own interests above all else (and still is by a couple of posters in the other thread). FV now the same, despite this all still rumbling on however many months after they agreed a deal with Ken, and x amount of false dawns and missed deadlines since.

Which is all one thing, but then the players (including lads like Wheater) are labelled rabble rousing cunts for not wanting to work unpaid, and looking out for their careers/families. And if they don't get paid again this month, the new scapegoat will be fans who don't go on Saturday.

If you're going to go after someone for this shitshow, why pick on the people that have no say in any of it?

Can you please explain this? How are FV who do not own us yet but are the only show in town to keep club going - looking after their own interests? They are putting money into a football club they don't even own yet (and may never). They are obviously the bad guys.....

Just came on here to see what the (latest) delay was all about.  A lot of Cov fans had to register on your club website to be able to buy tickets today at 9am (along with all you guys) Hopefully we'll bring 1900 (plus more if it's allowed) as you need all the cash you can to get restarted. Good luck with it all and hope this is just a glitch rather than anything worse.

25 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

- Calling people's bluff and changing it to a fiver

- Takeover has gone through so trying to get season tickets on sale

- The price has changed to £50 with Lofty vs Crusty the Pie taking top billing

Talking of Crusty pies - anyone know whats happening with Corporate on saturday ? 

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Can you please explain this? How are FV who do not own us yet but are the only show in town to keep club going - looking after their own interests? They are putting money into a football club they don't even own yet (and may never). They are obviously the bad guys.....

Who said they were the bad guys? Suggesting that the fans, players and the local news reporter all take undue stick doesn't mean I think anyone else necessarily should be.

But if you are going to rank the people responsible for the mess we're in, then yes Ken, the administrators and FV are all far more culpable than those mentioned above.

4 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

Who said they were the bad guys? Suggesting that the fans, players and the local news reporter all take undue stick doesn't mean I think anyone else necessarily should be.

But if you are going to rank the people responsible for the mess we're in, then yes Ken, the administrators and FV are all far more culpable than those mentioned above.

Here's the thing - as an example - nobody is suggesting Iles is in any way at fault for situation at club. That doesn't mean his reporting has been good, balanced and honest though does it? And therefore it is fair to criticise that.

In same way that players have not helped either - and their attitude at times has been very poor towards the fans of the football club. Doesn't mean they didn't have justification or reasons. But criticism has been fair. Especially onfield at times. 

• Site Supporter
14 hours ago, mickbrown said:

The fuckers still owe me and many others for Brentford. How hard would it have been to send out a freebie to all last year’s season ticket holders?

Goodwill instantly created, season ticket holders more likely to renew. Piece of piss to do, it’s a win win. 

But no, let’s squeeze every last drop from the fucking mugs. 

It’s bollocks. 

14 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Or treat them with utter disdain and lose out on £400 every year? 

Really?

13 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Easy decision then

Shed tidying it is. 

I’m not. I ain’t going. FACT

Nah.

I’m in shit fan mode come Saturday. 

Enjoy boys and girls 

Told you. I’m tidying my shed

12 hours ago, mickbrown said:

I’m a grown bloke.

I don’t need an excuse to not go and watch 22 blokes kick a bag of wind about. 

11 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Nah, I'm out. I'll wait until the season tickets are available.

10 hours ago, mickbrown said:

Nah, decision's been made.

Enjoy the game!

Mick, buy a ticket for WSL (south) and I'll buy you a pint. That way your £24 ticket will be below the £20 you'd rather pay.

4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Mick, buy a ticket for WSL (south) and I'll buy you a pint. That way your £24 ticket will be below the £20 you'd rather pay.

But who'll clear his shed out? (seriously - go to the footie!)

13 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Very kind of you Micky. Another time maybe, I'm busy Saturday afternoon now.

43 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

For the millionth time. KA was defended as the only option. No one ( or virtually no one thought he was the messiah). 

FV have absolutely no reason to deal completion of the deal. If you can give one please do. If nothing else closing the deal let’s them sell season tickets. The delay is being caused by a secured creditor. Think we know who. 

The players I have some sympathy with and the slagging of Wheater I thought was unfair. But at the end of last season all they had to do was play a game. Not doing  so potentially screws over what is left at the club not KA so ultimately the fans. 

The frustration here is that social media is full of people claiming £24 to watch a game is too much so they won’t go. But what would be the right price. I guess as a one off game the admin have set a price to   Break even or as close as possible. 

The prices especially kids are higher than I expected but I will pay it this time because of the situation. I won’t pay it week in week out to watch the kids get beat. But for now we need people to accept the money they are paying is for the future as much as the one off game. If they choose not it is their call but imagine they are the same people complaining about the time the deal has taken, spreading the lie that Parky did not acknowledge the fans, blaming the warburtons etc etc. 

37 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Here's the thing - as an example - nobody is suggesting Iles is in any way at fault for situation at club. That doesn't mean his reporting has been good, balanced and honest though does it? And therefore it is fair to criticise that.

In same way that players have not helped either - and their attitude at times has been very poor towards the fans of the football club. Doesn't mean they didn't have justification or reasons. But criticism has been fair. Especially onfield at times. 

I'm suggesting that Iles and the ST fanned the flames that resulted in last season being such an absolute disaster for the club. They were in fact fanning the flames even before the ludicrously named 'Sports Shield Consortium' (penned by Iles I suspect) took over in March 2016.  In essence this amounted to no more than two £1 companies owned by individuals who both had all the appearance of chancers.

Within no time at all, one of them was taking out large amounts of money whilst the other was making important decisions and taking control in very testing circumstances. But the only villain of the piece was the latter according to the ST and the Beeno until crunch time arrived in the summer of 2018. Anderson had held back the water in the dam as long as he could but it was going to burst without new money. Once again it came from Eddie Davies but it was to be his last act.

If Ken Anderson has subsequently been as obstructive and vindictive as some suggest one might wonder what part Iles and the ST might have played in exacerbating his combative attitude.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

For the millionth time. KA was defended as the only option. No one ( or virtually no one thought he was the messiah). 

FV have absolutely no reason to deal completion of the deal. If you can give one please do. If nothing else closing the deal let’s them sell season tickets. The delay is being caused by a secured creditor. Think we know who. 

The players I have some sympathy with and the slagging of Wheater I thought was unfair. But at the end of last season all they had to do was play a game. Not doing  so potentially screws over what is left at the club not KA so ultimately the fans. 

The frustration here is that social media is full of people claiming £24 to watch a game is too much so they won’t go. But what would be the right price. I guess as a one off game the admin have set a price to   Break even or as close as possible. 

The prices especially kids are higher than I expected but I will pay it this time because of the situation. I won’t pay it week in week out to watch the kids get beat. But for now we need people to accept the money they are paying is for the future as much as the one off game. If they choose not it is their call but imagine they are the same people complaining about the time the deal has taken, spreading the lie that Parky did not acknowledge the fans, blaming the warburtons etc etc. 

The price of a game if you had bought a season ticket, which 10k of us did last season and loads of us still want to.

So cost of season ticket in lower tier divided by the number of games.

Just as an aside, the cheapest adult season ticket at Man City works out at £18 a game.

8 minutes ago, Ani said:

That's simply not true about KA. The thread was even called 'King Ken' for ages ffs. There wasa fair number who would round on anyone who had the temerity of questioning what he was doing to the club and its reputation, or even if they had doubts or a bad feeling about it all. Stop re-writing history. There were plenty of Ken fans on here, and most weren't being clever or ironic, despite what they might now say.

11 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

If Ken Anderson has subsequently been as obstructive and vindictive as some suggest one might wonder what part Iles and the ST might have played in exacerbating his combative attitude.

There's your Ken apologist right there. 

He can act like a c*nt, ruin our clubs reputation and attempt to drive it to the brink of liquidation to line his own pockets but it's justified because the local journo didn't print nice stories about him. Fookin hell 

3 minutes ago, burnden said:

I thought the King Ken thing was more a tongue in cheek piss take tbh.... Maybe just my interpretation.

The thread changed its name when KA seemed to be taking on the world and his wife and taking brinkmanship to new heights, and people were lapping it up. It's only later and now it's being called ironic.

8 minutes ago, Burnden Pies said:

That's simply not true about KA. The thread was even called 'King Ken' for ages ffs. There wasa fair number who would round on anyone who had the temerity of questioning what he was doing to the club and its reputation, or even if they had doubts or a bad feeling about it all. Stop re-writing history. There were plenty of Ken fans on here, and most weren't being clever or ironic, despite what they might now say.

As I said no one ( or virtually no one) thought he was the messiah. He was a necessary evil. Do you really think the title of thread was serious ?