Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Coventry

gonzo

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its great news - but I feel really sorry for some folk that simply cant get a ticket sorted today.  Eg no printer and not living in the area and simply not internet savvy.  I'd be absolutely gutted if this was how I had to finally miss a home league match, not because I cant get to the game but just because I cant get a ticket in a quarter 2 thirds empty stadium.  I've just tried to get 1 on line, password didn't work, so I clicked Forgotten Password and it said I'd get an email for resetting it.  After 45 minutes I'm still waiting...so many people will just say, sod it, too much hassle.  I'll go to the ground and queue instead, but I'm lucky, I live and work local.  This isn't a moan, but I'm very sympathetic to the died in the wool BW fans that will miss this game just because for the first time in years no home tickets are available on the day, its not as if 20k are suddenly going to turn up.  And if KO needed delaying 20 minutes so what?

Don't forget that there are very practical hurdles to get over for any sales on the day such as having enough (trusted) turnstile operators to take cash, having the correct insurance for taking so much cash on site in such a limited period of time, having a cash collection agency lined up to take of said cash etc. Not an ideal situation for anybody (least of all the staff) but I would suggest that the good folk who have hosted hundreds of games at this stadium have had next to nil input in to any of this and people just have to make the best of it, even if that means ordering over the phone and turning up earlyish on Saturday to collect it.

10 tickets sorted online easy enough, tickets printed (via mrs at work) and all for our own seats. COYWM

10 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its great news - but I feel really sorry for some folk that simply cant get a ticket sorted today.  Eg no printer and not living in the area and simply not internet savvy.  I'd be absolutely gutted if this was how I had to finally miss a home league match, not because I cant get to the game but just because I cant get a ticket in a quarter 2 thirds empty stadium.  I've just tried to get 1 on line, password didn't work, so I clicked Forgotten Password and it said I'd get an email for resetting it.  After 45 minutes I'm still waiting...so many people will just say, sod it, too much hassle.  I'll go to the ground and queue instead, but I'm lucky, I live and work local.  This isn't a moan, but I'm very sympathetic to the died in the wool BW fans that will miss this game just because for the first time in years no home tickets are available on the day, its not as if 20k are suddenly going to turn up.  And if KO needed delaying 20 minutes so what?

Can you buy over the phone and then collect in person tomorrow?

8 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Can you buy over the phone and then collect in person tomorrow?

Think so mate. Below is pasted from Bwfc official site:

Bolton Central will be open until 8pm this evening for supporters wishing to buy their tickets in person.

The Print At Home functionality allows supporters to have their match ticket sent direct to their designated email address, which can then be printed at home or at work. This will enable supporters to gain entry at the University of Bolton Stadium turnstiles, without the need to queue to collect their ticket.

Tickets must be collected in person if the Print at Home delivery method is not selected.

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

£400 HD smart phone screen vs £25 inkjet printer. It’ll be reet. 

I'm not for one second doubting the logic. It's what i was told by someone at the ticket office.

Like you said, i'm sure it'll be fine but this is BWFC....

5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

£400 HD smart phone screen vs £25 inkjet printer. It’ll be reet. 

Clarifying - can we just show our phone screens with the barcode on???? Or do we have to print them?

Who the fuck has a printer at home these days?????

Sorry JJJ - just seen your message

Edited by Smiley

33 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Fucks sake picked the wrong block. I’m one towards crazy corner. Lads will love it but my old man won’t :D

If it makes you feel better, I bought 6 tickets for a mate at The Checkatrade final a couple of years ago, then discovered I'd clicked down a column, not a row, so nobody was sat together (they all had cricked necks by the end of the game, chatting to each other!  Wasn't very popular!!)

9 minutes ago, SBHarry said:

If it makes you feel better, I bought 6 tickets for a mate at The Checkatrade final a couple of years ago, then discovered I'd clicked down a column, not a row, so nobody was sat together (they all had cricked necks by the end of the game, chatting to each other!  Wasn't very popular!!)

One of my pals booked the accommodation for Bolton v Middlesborough at the Millenium Stadium League Cup Final, gets to the counter at the Holiday Inn and he'd only booked Lockerby Holiday Inn by mistake instead of Cardiff the fcuking loon

5 minutes ago, SBHarry said:

We've sold close to 1500 so far - according to the dot counters our end - hopefully they'll release some more if we sell out the original allocation?

Cant see us selling the original allocation just had a look on the website then loads of tickets left to get yet

1 minute ago, Okocha10 said:

Cant see us selling the original allocation just had a look on the website then loads of tickets left to get yet

SBHarry is a Coventry fan mate, they have been given an initial allocation of 1800 so getting close to selling them all. Good effort from them, particularly at this late notice 👏

5 minutes ago, tkonion said:

SBHarry is a Coventry fan mate, they have been given an initial allocation of 1800 so getting close to selling them all. Good effort from them, particularly at this late notice 👏

Fair enough then mate, thought he was on about Bolton. Don't think we will actually give them anymore tickets unfortunately due policing prices