Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Coventry

gonzo

17 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

My lad mentioned Edwards to me during the game and said he was his MoM with how many blocks he'd  made and times he'd thrown his body in.

Had a good view of all their second half decisions and like MickyD said I thought the officials got them all right, the delay with the first half one was weird though.

Caught the end of PP on GMR and he told Bassini to fuck off amd everyone else to sort themselves out.

Consider myself a shit fan and I welled up on quite a few occasions so glad there were other grown men in the same situation.

If thats true and pp has grown a set then respect to him

BSA would have kicked Bassini ‘s ass from here to timbuctoo(after he’d had his kick back of course) 🙄

Re David Lee 

i met his wife on a flight  4/5 years ago ,she is a stewardess and a lovely lady and fully supports her husband but knew the club were taking the ‘mmmnngh’

i hope he finally gets recognition for his total dedication 

top man 

Edited by Mona

Edwards was unbelievable. Never caught out. Never missed a headed.

He looked a far better player to me than many centre halves we suffered with last season.

A number of those players could feature a lot this season. They need some help. And some strikers. But my god I was choking at full time, not been like that for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Mona said:

Don’t think I’ve been that emotional since Ipswich and a cretin of a ref and Tottenham & Fabrice

onwards & upwards

Me too.  I kept welling up in 2nd half, and then again driving home, especially listening to McGinlay and some fans superbly putting into words what I was feeling.  Its difficult to describe unless you were there.  Just amazing.

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Proud.

And haven’t been for a good long while.

Part of me wants them to go the full season, but that’s just not possible.

for now, staggering.

Yeah, isnt it wierd to feel some pride?  I cant remember when I last felt that emotion with us, aside from the Forest and Peterbrough games.  But this was on a different level.

• Site Supporter

Listening to the end of the BBC Manchester talk in thing, a bloke came on and said,

"We didn't even know the names of the kids on the pitch at the start but we'll know the names of the men who left the pitch at the end!"

I filled up.

• Site Supporter

Mega proud of the boys today, the effort they should was immense. Thoroughly deserved their lap of honour.

We don’t carry much threat but I enjoyed today more than I have enjoyed many games over the last few years. A few of these lads will become regulars sooner rather than later.

Unfair to single lads out but for me, Edwards, White and Darcy look to have a bit about them and Weir did ok in centre mid. Some real balls shown by them all though. We’re Bolton Wanderers, we’re on our way back

14 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Was much better when he moved central 

Spot on. @Boltimore was calling for it n all to be fair. Seems v comfortable on the ball.

I thought Edwards was MoM and last week too, but Zouma takes the eye easily with his stature.

loved today. Dunno about the first but was in line for 2nd and 3rd and they were defo off.

we won’t get away with it too many weeks, but that’s not for now. They were dicks as well - the fans and MacFazdeal, the cringy, moany twats. Only got yourselves to blame.

Up the pre-pubescent whites and their wags, the reebok rebels :D

9 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Just listened to parky and it's the first time I've ever heard him speak like a true fan maybe these kids showing heart passion and commitment to the club is rubbing off on everyone 

Oh shit I'm filling up again

Agree 

he actually sounded like he cared 

a little more respect for him today

but hats of to jules and gavin McCann and David Lee & Jimmy Pip

your kids have proved your dedication to the club

you deserve the best accolades 

And a special shout out out to Simmy & the ground staff , who without them we wouldn’t have a pitch to play on

😘

Edited by Mona

19 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07j6rpn#play

Is the link to the full hour think PP was in the last half.

Thanks for that was a great listen

radcliffewhite - couldn't get any sound on your link??

7 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Just listened to parky and it's the first time I've ever heard him speak like a true fan maybe these kids showing heart passion and commitment to the club is rubbing off on everyone 

Oh shit I'm filling up again

Full credit to Parky. Obviously didn't want to speak about the senior pro's. Good on him. Fuck em, focus on the kids who went out and did a man's job

Sounded to me like he was filling up he was so proud, particularly about others who haven't been paid but have still come in and got a team ready to go out and play

21 minutes ago, Walkden White said:

just back. what a day! first half I was just hoping the lads made it to half time 0-0 as they deserved that, full expecting to concede a couple second half. To get a point was just brilliant. So proud of everyone - players, fans, Staff and Manager. It's great to be a Wanderer!

Same here,I would still have taken 0-1 at half time! Happiest i've been after a home draw for a long time. I was impressed with both centre backs, the goal keeper and Weir and work rate from everyone. We could do with some creativity being brought in but thats for another day.

22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Who was coaching from the sidelines?

McCann?

Think I saw Darby too.

Couldn't properly tell.

Nicky Spooner was in the technical area all game, Parky stood to one side hardly said a word. McCann was prowling the bench area, everything seemed calm and relaxed, hardly any barking of instructions.  Darby sat next to Jimmy Phillips second half mostly nodding and smiling to each other.  Dowie was in the stands too. 

I honestly think PP is passionate but like a lot of us from round here he is very monotone and it doesnt translate well. I also think he has been being so professional that it might come across like he doesnt care but he today he had reached a point.

One thing that is worth echoing is that it's Spooner who should be getting a lot of plaudits today, if you've ever seen the young uns play before he was sending the same messages to them as he does in any game and the consistency obviously helped them.

Also disagree about PP not having any input, in the second half especially he was very visible on the touchline and obviously oversees all the coaches and teams.

23 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The lad weir had a good game had to google who he was he’s 24 released by Hull was at Man U, but thought he was fantastic. 

Thought he was fantastic today.....it was mainly down to him questioning the linesman after the first goal, that got the officials talking. I'm convinced the ref was giving that goal initially.

Anyway, still absolutely buzzing after that game. I feel emotionally drained to the core

Feel like i did after we beat Wolves in play off at burnden, very similar atmosphere. Crowd and players as one, together.

Today was brilliant! I think its one of those games we will talk about in years to come.  I just feel really proud of our club, and everyone who made today totally unforgetable. I also feel privilaged to say i was there when the reset button was pressed.

I fucking love BWFC.

COYWB  😃

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, fatolive said:

Pride.

something about one of the players ( Lockett) coming over to near where I was sat to hug some members of his  ( presumably) family who were all sat in the ESL, the pride on those people’s faces captured what today was , never seen the like at a professional match and he looked bursting with it and also knackered.

normal people following their team that a young relation put every ounce of his effort into playing for with pride. Bet they’ll take a while to come back down 

Will live long n the memory 

that's made me well up a bit.

thought Wycombe was emotional, but that today was something else.