Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers v Coventry

gonzo

Absolutely amazing today, our 2 central defenders and our keeper were awesome, the atmosphere was electric too, just so happy to see young lads with such passion knocking the ball around and it was a joy to see, just hope Parky doesn't ruin any of them.

Why were some of our fans fooking off on around 85 minutes? What absolute tools!

Oh and the senior players that refused to play today, you should be ashamed of yourselves and please fookoff!

Edited by Blondi

I saw the ticket office staff in ESL at the end and felt compelled to give them a hug. I wish I did now... 

Let's strip away all the bollocks, today was getting behind whoever felt honoured enough to represent us. They did us proud, we let them know. 

Let's build with what we have... 

COYWM

51 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The lad weir had a good game had to google who he was he’s 24 released by Hull was at Man U, but thought he was fantastic. 

He was.

they all were

Absolutely fantastic that today, what a performance from some very young lads 

Pure passion and hunger, been missing at this club for years now, soon gets us fans going though! 

When we had that shot nearly go in mid way through the first half I thought that we could nick something! Looked on my phone and we were 15/1, had a tenner. Looked again at half time 18/1, had another tenner, looked mid way through second half, another tenner. Would have been the thick end of a grand if the young lad had got his toe on that chance near the end 

Cant wait for Tranmere, considering Rochdale ffs 😂

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Listening to the end of the BBC Manchester talk in thing, a bloke came on and said,

"We didn't even know the names of the kids on the pitch at the start but we'll know the names of the men who left the pitch at the end!"

I filled up.

This ,exactly the same.

At it again typing this, still buzzing. 

Tremendous !!!  Every one of the kids showed character & fighting spirit ( unlike the striking shithouses ) & deserve every bit of praise they're getting, & the support they received must have helped them keep going when I feared they would run out of steam.

Proud to be a Wanderer tonight.

& someone mentioned the 1st disallowed goal....I was nearly in line with it & it was clearly offside.

• Site Supporter
29 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Absolutely fantastic that today, what a performance from some very young lads 

Pure passion and hunger, been missing at this club for years now, soon gets us fans going though! 

When we had that shot nearly go in mid way through the first half I thought that we could nick something! Looked on my phone and we were 15/1, had a tenner. Looked again at half time 18/1, had another tenner, looked mid way through second half, another tenner. Would have been the thick end of a grand if the young lad had got his toe on that chance near the end 

Cant wait for Tranmere, considering Rochdale ffs 😂

Linesman stuck his flag up as he went for that ball, so wouldn't have counted. That would have been a sickener for you!

Today was brilliant. We rode our luck but that only mattered because of hard we worked for the whole game. 

The lads going to their friends and family in stands topped it off. Other than end of season games can’t remember when so many people stayed to clap the players off. 

Just listened to Parky on the link above giving credit to everyone. He is a genuinely  good man. 

Those kids need and deserve support from the club now. No more fucking about get the deal done. 

Reserving judgement on the non players today. As for the fans who did not attend I am sorry for you. You missed something special. 

Edited by Ani