Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wayne Rooney

barryk32

They changed the rules so that its losses based over a 3 year period. The owner sold the stadium to himself for a stupid amount of money last season in order to get round the 3 year thing. 

If they don't get in the Premier league in the next couple of years they'll probably be pretty fucked

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

£5m a year!! Player coach, doesn’t count the same for FFP (apparently) 

Any road, he’s wearing shirt number 32 and they are sponsored by 32bet so the publicity already generated will go a decent way to paying this years wages, great commercial agreement all said and done 

He won't get any wages from Derby this year. His contract starts next January. 

On 06/08/2019 at 16:33, barryk32 said:

Being paid 100k a week at Derby.

How the fuckerty fuck are they getting that passed FFP?

It is indeed bollocks.

He's apparently being paid a significant chunk of his wages via Red32 and will wear the number 32 on his shirt. Plus his ugly mug will be all over the gaff in adverts.

Edited by jimmyjoojar

• 9 months later...
53 minutes ago, desperado said:

Interesting words from Rooney about us today. We finished Pique’s premier career, Evra hated SKD, Bolton was always horrible 😂

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/17/wayne-rooney-reveals-game-finished-gerard-piques-manchester-united-career-12715258/

From a team mate of Roy Keane I’m surprised and they only lost one game at our place in Rooney’s time.  I would have expected that from an Arsenal player.

Ferdinand also said Kev Davies was his most difficult opponent, it’s a shame we lost that steel and amazing how we managed to bully even the best teams, I remember the day after the Bayern Munich draw seeing a picture of Davies challenging Lucio in a German newspaper and you could see the fear in his eyes. What a beast KD was. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Members
2 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Ferdinand also said Kev Davies was his most difficult opponent, it’s a shame we lost that steel and amazing how we managed to bully even the best teams, I remember the day after the Bayern Munich draw seeing a picture of Davies challenging Lucio in a German newspaper and you could see the fear in his eyes. What a beast KD was. 

He was an animal. Big Sam got the best out of him more than any other player IMO.

Thiery Henry said a few complimentary things about him as well.

Despite all the claims though, I don’t think SKD was that deliberately dirty. 
Forwards chase a lot of defenders playing the ball from the back and most run to the defender and then stop....he aways challenged through the ball. When you do that and time it wrong it looks awful but done well, mostly it’s a fair challenge 

i think he was much more sinned against but im hardly unbiased! he was ace surely best value signing we have ever made? he was a proper tough guy as well, never needed to boast about it just got stuck in.

Good to know he even had respect of best team and players at the time. No wonder he absolutely terrified the likes of west ham and Newcastle!

He was both the most fouled player and player that gave away the most fouls in a the entire league for a couple of season.

unplayable on his day. Absolute legend and summed us up entirely during that time. Folk were shit scared of us and him.

Hes not a nasty guy and wasn’t a dirty player. Just combative and complete sportsman. There’s a massive difference like jules alluded to earlier. 

Bet he’d love a game of 5aside with Dougie Freedman. The massive cunt. 

43 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

Nothing set a game off like Kevin Davies smashing into a full back in the first minute.

Surtout Evra, bien sur