Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gigs that have changed your mind

Not in Crawley

• Members
1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

Stone Roses at spike Island in 1990 were shite. The sound system was awful, and distorted because of the open layout, couldn't hear a word. Shawaddywaddy at park hall, on a works do in 1993 were awesome.

Tribute band made up of members of the Shaw family.

Either way, stop it. Showaddywaddy and awesome in the same sentence? :rofl:

5 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Tribute band made up of members of the Shaw family.

Either way, stop it. Showaddywaddy and awesome in the same sentence? :rofl:

You had to be there. Dion Dublin's uncle or something on drums. Waitresses dressed as 11th century wenches. Classic gig.

I first saw U2 when they were bits of kids in 1978 or '79 at a half empty Free Trade Hall and they were fantastic.

Saw  them again  at Wembley stadium in the mid 80's when they'd become one of the  worlds biggest bands, Bono was a gobshite, changing the key during songs and generally being a preacher prick,most of the audience were gobshites and i hated every minute of it - never liked U2 ever since. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Tonight I have to go and watch Brand New Heavies, Level 42, Heather Small and Kool and the Gang.

i can’t see any of it changing my mind.

work in entertainment they said, loads of free tickets they said....

Brand new heavies could be decent

9 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Arctic monkeys at the MEN

I first saw them above the thirsty scholar around the time they released their EP ‘Who the fuck are the arctic monkeys’ £3 ticket. 

I was a fan. Second album they did the MEN fuck me it was so flat and dull I couldn’t believe it. Saw them at Glastonbury a few years later and it was like someone had said cmon lads you need to do a bit more on stage. Totally different. 

I fucked em off after ticker tape at the MEN too. 

Last few albums have been alright to listen to but not go see live but that recent one I listened to once. Worst album I've ever heard 

My next gig is buddy Holly and Roy orbison at the apollo. 

• Members
9 hours ago, stevieb said:

I fucked em off after ticker tape at the MEN too. 

Last few albums have been alright to listen to but not go see live but that recent one I listened to once. Worst album I've ever heard 

My next gig is buddy Holly and Roy orbison at the apollo. 

Yeah fuck knows what that last album was about

On 09/09/2019 at 04:30, bolty58 said:

Brylcreem, brothel creepers, drape, drainpipes. I'm getting warm aren't I?

On 07/09/2019 at 17:24, bolty58 said:

Now then class, if ever you wondered what 'oxymoron' meant then this is a fine example..............;)

More a paradox i would have said.

On 09/09/2019 at 04:30, bolty58 said:

Brylcreem, brothel creepers, drape, drainpipes. I'm getting warm aren't I?

Nope still went in my black fringed leather.

On 07/09/2019 at 16:37, peelyfeet said:

Stone Roses at spike Island in 1990 were shite. The sound system was awful, and distorted because of the open layout, couldn't hear a word. Shawaddywaddy at park hall, on a works do in 1993 were awesome.

Spike Island was over indulgence from the band. Eight hours of dub DJs before they came on and a shit sound. Ally Pally was shit sound but the DJs before cranked the place into a frenzy. 

8 hours ago, green genie said:

Spike Island was over indulgence from the band. Eight hours of dub DJs before they came on and a shit sound. Ally Pally was shit sound but the DJs before cranked the place into a frenzy. 

I can remember it vividly - "Hi I'm Tommy Musto", the Stone Roses are coming up............... in 5 hours"  I had two cans of coke and a twix all day.