Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rochdale away

radcliffe white

11 minutes ago, L/H White said:

Knew I should have took the cash out when we went ahead 

Great effort from the lads

A few decent seniors in and we could have a decent season 

Thought you'd be saving yourself for the super cup final pal? 

4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

The recovery time of 2 and a bit days is too much for a fully grown athlete nevermind a 17 year old kid. 

I’d be giving them till Friday off. Rest, recuperate and hydrate. Poor cunts will be shagged. 

Duncan Edwards played over 180 matches during his 2 years of national service in 1955-57.

16 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

Duncan Edwards played over 180 matches during his 2 years of national service in 1955-57.

Aye but he was a physical beast at 16. Interesting story I heard about him was BWFC and Man United were looking to sign him, sadly he chose Man U after Busby persuaded him to join Man U, if he’d of chosen us he could have been alive today. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Aye but he was a physical beast at 16. Interesting story I heard about him was only 2 clubs could of signed him BWFC and Man United, sadly he chose Man U after Busby persuaded him to join Man U, if he’d of chosen us he could have been alive today. 

He was second cousin to Dennis Stevens, and Ray Parry had been captain of his England  Schoolboys team when DE was a year under age, before succeeding Parry as captain the next season.

But he chose MU. 

2 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

He was second cousin to Dennis Stevens, and Ray Parry had been captain of his England  Schoolboys team when DE was a year under age, before succeeding Parry as captain the next season.

But he chose MU. 

i think he mightve been related to ray westwood as well. 

:/

Everyone who’s put the shirt on this season has given 100%, which is all we can ask. To me though, the most positive aspect is the support. There seems to a a groundswell of positivity from the hardcore...the dickheads who are consistently slagging the players/moaning are either staying away or keeping quiet. If we survive this court charade I really believe it will have benefitted the club. Let’s hope this is the thing that galvanises us. We all know there’s clubs out there that wouldn’t let this shit happen. Bassini wouldn’t dare to do this at other clubs!

4 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

Never heard a negative murmur in that ground tonight, the fans were behind the lads 100% and that’s what makes it enjoyable.  Loved tonight, the results irrelevant, we’re building bridges on the stands that’ll make every match a pleasure.

Plenty near where I was stood but I'll put that down to ale etc. 

They changed formation at half time and brought a couple of big lads on and we couldn't cope with the physicality and guile their senior pros had. Plus injuries made us disjointed. 

No disgrace in that. 

Glad I cant go Saturday tho....

• Moderators

Rochdale are much better than tranmere

If politic and Edward's feature, I give us a chance

The black lad who came on up top probably gets a run before brown, too

Crazy as it was, those two politic 40 yarders could've won the game, as a 2 goal lead may have just squeaked us through

17 minutes ago, blackleywhite said:

Plenty near where I was stood but I'll put that down to ale etc. 

They changed formation at half time and brought a couple of big lads on and we couldn't cope with the physicality and guile their senior pros had. Plus injuries made us disjointed. 

No disgrace in that. 

Glad I cant go Saturday tho....

Maybe the bloke was just a prick. 😁🙄😃

today was a harsh dose of reality. It is asking too much of the kids to compete twice a week against adults with bigger squads. 

You can never knock their commitment but we also have to think of their long term welfare. Parky took Connel out of games last season to protect his development. 3 lads off injured tonight. 

These kids have been brilliant hopefully we get the mess sorted because it is unfair to ask them to keep doing this job. 

Even in defeat there is more of a feel good factor about the club than for a long time. 

• Site Supporter

For 60 mins a great effort then tired,  what stood out for me was the togetherness and sheer delight when we scored, it meant something. I know all goals do but they way they were celebrating was just different. And also just the feeling of the fans galvanising together. Get this take over sorted soon and I tell you what it’ll be a season to remember. What ever comes of it. 

• Site Supporter

Just got back. Bloody m61 shut.

Played well in patches. All went to pot when Edwards went off. 

Shame, deserved more.

Last week i said Lowe and Murphy would improve us. I was wrong. Murphy is no better than any of the kids.

Get the young left back back in, and put Lowe in centre mid where he belongs.

4 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Just got back. Bloody m61 shut.

Played well in patches. All went to pot when Edwards went off. 

Shame, deserved more.

Last week i said Lowe and Murphy would improve us. I was wrong. Murphy is no better than any of the kids.

Get the young left back back in, and put Lowe in centre mid where he belongs.

I wasnt there but I agree.  Lowe is a centre mid, and I like his attitude, but he's never a left back in the memory of man.  Although I'm not knocking the line up because if a young kid needs a rest, I'm not going to argue.  On Murphy, I've yet to see him have a good 10 minutes, never mind a good half.  A total mystery that lad.  Gives the senior pro's a bad name, because they arent all that bad.