Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rochdale away

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

We lost to Cheltenham last time we were in this - and went on to win promotion.

Within a month, we should have Brockbank, Edwards, Wright, Earl, Hall, O’Grady and Alnwick all back in the squad with Murphy up to speed. Surely an increased competition would improve the team

I feel like I'm walking through an ajar door with a bucket of water wedged atop, but...

Contrary to Rochdale's twitter and others they didn't win, you get three points for a win in a league and penalty shoot outs settle knockout competitions and MLS games twenty years ago.

What a load of old shit.

Had a peek at the match stats on Google. Quite telling if you look at them.

62% possession, 534 passes to Dale's 339, 84% accuracy to their 69%.  

I can't remember the last time we had 62% possession in a match. Yes you can argue it was Rochdale's B team but we are still miles off full match fitness.

We're going in the right direction. Sure, not everything has fallen into place just yet, and it may be a while until we are firing on all cylinders, but I think we just have to be patient.

Edited by jmjhb

7 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Had a peek at the match stats on Google. Quite telling if you look at them.

62% possession, 534 passes to Dale's 339, 84% accuracy to their 69%.  

I can't remember the last time we had 62% possession in a match. Yes you can argue it was Rochdale's B team but we are still miles off full match fitness.

We're going in the right direction. Sure, not everything has fallen into place just yet, and it may be a while until we are firing on all cylinders, but I think we just have to be patient.

Are we really still miles off full match fitness?

I'm not particularly worried but it appears to me now that we're struggling because of a lack of a proper goal threat not match fitness.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

Most of these players have been with us 4 weeks. Some were training with their clubs before signing, but the free agents were probably jogging round a park to get fit.

Getting there, but not enough squad quality in central defence and up front when first choices not available, plus at least 6 injured. It will take a bit of time.

I enjoyed it, watching us pass the ball, switch play and pressing as a unit up high. The football is actually enjoyable to watch again. 

Anyway best song of the night:

Yoan Zouma

Yoan Zouma

He's better than Wheater

Better than Beevers

His cocks fucking massive

😂

4 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I enjoyed it, watching us pass the ball, switch play and pressing as a unit up high. The football is actually enjoyable to watch again. 

Anyway best song of the night:

Yoan Zouma

Yoan Zouma

He's better than Wheater

Better than Beevers

His cocks fucking massive

😂

Racists 

Hopefully they'll be banned