Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The striking seniors

jules_darby

I just don't have any time for them. Unless they absolutely couldn't play for reasons outside their control - then fuck them all. And frankly I struggle to see how it wasn't a choice. I get the issue with liquidation and if they get injured being stuck - but that is the same for the kids - worse in fact given the seniors would eventually get another club but those kids on couple hundred quid a week might not have a career if club liquidated.

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

I thought they had all (or most) tried to hand in their notice but they were refused? 

they could have done it at the start with no issue. the only difference being they lose any owed wages from this summer. 

24 minutes ago, Big E said:

they could have done it at the start with no issue. the only difference being they lose any owed wages from this summer. 

I don’t know the facts, I’m sure our administrators had grounds to reject their requests to leave 

Likewise I’m sure that they have legal grounds to refuse to play due to non payment of wages 

I personally can’t blame any players for wanting to leave so they can get security elsewhere 

We must be in double figures of games they've played having been given assurances/lied to that everything would be sorted on Monday.

The reality is we've five senior pros who went on strike. And when the takeover happens we'll have another two or three (GON, Hobbs, Buckley) who didn't play the Brentford game joining. Dividing our club down the middle is counter productive.

Does anyone think Okocha/Djorkaeff/Hierro would've played in the same circumstances? Cunts.

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

We must be in double figures of games they've played having been given assurances/lied to that everything would be sorted on Monday.

The reality is we've five senior pros who went on strike. And when the takeover happens we'll have another two or three (GON, Hobbs, Buckley) who didn't play the Brentford game joining. Dividing our club down the middle is counter productive.

Does anyone think Okocha/Djorkaeff/Hierro would've played in the same circumstances? Cunts.

Why is it ok for kids to play and not the seniors? How can you come close to saying "that's ok". Let the kids ruin their careers....

4 hours ago, Big E said:

He was in a different country with a young family and no income. He got out and sorted himself out which is apparently whats important when you hear the players. these have stayed around knowing they would be allowed all of the money as football creditors then started sulking again after getting some of the money. 

Honestly folk defending the rest but moaning about him is amazing. 

On reflection I agree Olkowski should be cut more slack than the others, being in another country not to mention the language difficulties.

I just have sympathy for them all to be honest, what a ridiculous and unique situation they were in.  I don't feel qualified to criticise because if it was me I would have probably been off sick with mental fatigue after the 3rd month of not getting paid on the back of losing every week without having a shot on target or having any possession (if I was playing) or not getting a sniff of a game from 1 month to the next if you didn't fit into Parky's plans.  

2 hours ago, birch-chorley said:

I don’t know the facts, I’m sure our administrators had grounds to reject their requests to leave 

Likewise I’m sure that they have legal grounds to refuse to play due to non payment of wages 

I personally can’t blame any players for wanting to leave so they can get security elsewhere 

But they could have resigned like Olkowski and been secure. 

Apparently it had nothing to do with money (or insurance as I had doubted - even if they had a career ending injury at the weekend and the club then went into liquidation and was no more, the insurance company would still exist and be paying out on the policy - the policy is not voided after the event as occurred)

It must be alright by them for the youngsters to be in that position then?

To be fair to Oztumer though he was injured an unable to play at the weekend and did tweet a reply to someone pre-game that the decision to play or not wasn't his - eg medical.

Oh and I do think Djorkaeff, Hierro, Jay-Jay, etc would have played and not hid behind the kids.  

Fair play to James Weir, he played and he's got his future to think about too as he's left his academy behind and his career is that of a footballer, the kids still have time to choose a different career path.

Edited by Sluffy
Grammar errors

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Ani said:

Something changed from last Saturday to this Saturday. 

I think by playing at Wycombe they have earned enough credit to have their story heard before they are lynched. 

Iles explanation above (in Sluffy's post in case you skipped it) seems fair enough to me

3 minutes ago, Ani said:

Something changed from last Saturday to this Saturday. 

I think by playing at Wycombe they have earned enough credit to have their story heard before they are lynched. 

It’s not a lynch mob really?  They chose to let kids do their jobs. They’ve refused to play, that’s been confirmed. I’d be disappointed to see the ones who refused wear the shirt again. How can you go from Saturdays feeling of pride back to them.

Dont blame any for wanting out but they’ve made their choices and we all need to move on. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Fact stands. Whether they were injured or not they would be paid in full as football creditors. They are all insured as well. 

They are fucking shithouse cunts and we should all be giving them lifts to get the fuck away from our club 

struggling to argue with this.

19 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Fact stands. Whether they were injured or not they would be paid in full as football creditors. They are all insured as well. 

They are fucking shithouse cunts and we should all be giving them lifts to get the fuck away from our club 

this is bang on. 

Folk think this is ok some how but dont like Harvey price, Connell etc. they are  all the same and i dont want them part of our new start. too much has gone on. they are tarnished. 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

Oh and I do think Djorkaeff, Hierro, Jay-Jay, etc would have played and not hid behind the kids.  

How can you possibly have an opinion on what you think past Wanderers stars would or wouldn't do? I'm sure you're now writing shit for the sake of writing shit.

Tell you what, if this had been any other league club with which you had no emotional attachment, what would your opinion be? Would you be naming past players and opining that they wouldn't have taken the same stance or would you have shrugged your shoulders and come to the conclusion that they must have valid reasons to take such action?

31 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

As others have said - this sums it up perfectly. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

On reflection I agree Olkowski should be cut more slack than the others, being in another country not to mention the language difficulties.

I just have sympathy for them all to be honest, what a ridiculous and unique situation they were in.  I don't feel qualified to criticise because if it was me I would have probably been off sick with mental fatigue after the 3rd month of not getting paid on the back of losing every week without having a shot on target or having any possession (if I was playing) or not getting a sniff of a game from 1 month to the next if you didn't fit into Parky's plans.  

We signed him from a German club

He has since signed for a Turkish club 

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I thought they tried but it was blocked? Not sure if that was all of them or some of them like 

This would make sense; if it's not about money directly, but about the fact that some of them have handed in their notice, had it rejected (presumably by the admin as a takeover is supposed to be happening) only then to find it might not be, then they may be understandablely concerned.