Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hong Kong

gonzo

32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What’s happening there then?

Troops are massing In football stadiums on the outskirts ready to steam in. 

Is Chris Pattern still in charge there? :)

Patten sailed out in 1997 with a Chinese promise not to integrate for 50 years. It was obvious then that China was in control and could do what it liked in the future, the only brake being how much attention China plays to world opinion - not much, really.

48 minutes ago, gonzo said:

What’s happening there then?

Troops are massing In football stadiums on the outskirts ready to steam in. 

Is Chris Pattern still in charge there? :)

Pity the BBC aren’t as quick showing the brutality of the French Filth especially as it’s gone on for so long.

Chief of Hong Kong police is called Kic King....bizarre true fact.

• Members

Only a matter of time before the Chinese army steam in and crush all opposition. Many will never be seen or heard of again.

Sad fact but there isn't anything anyone can do about it.

Edited by bolty58

8 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Only a matter of time before the Chinese army steam in and crush all opposition. Many will never be seen or heard of again.

Correct. The Chinese haven't experienced anything like this since Tiananmen Square. If the Kongs get what they want then it's only a matter of time before the mainland lot get to hear about it. Maybe a strategic compromise can be reached. But I suspect a hammer will be used instead. The Chinese have been uncharacteristically patient by their standards.

• Site Supporter
16 hours ago, bolty58 said:

You're right.

I'm trying to buy less Chinese stuff to be honest, but it's not that easy.

28 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're right.

I'm trying to buy less Chinese stuff to be honest, but it's not that easy.

It is very difficult, almost everything electronic you have will have some trace of Chinese manufacture in it.

Food and clothing you can avoid Chinese influence, but generally you have to pay a premium for it

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Morizio said:

Cut out the crispy duck, it’s full of salt. 

Not my thing really!

Anyway, the dogs ate the lad's slippers, so we called into a supermarket to get him some. FFS, all of them made in china.

Last year, we went to one of these "Highland games" events whilst in Scotland. Lad wanted to get him mum a present. On a stall with a few items, a bloke in a full kilt regalia etc.

He thought he was buying her something engineered locally in Scotland. No, turned out to be Chinese. Cunts.

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not my thing really!

Anyway, the dogs ate the lad's slippers, so we called into a supermarket to get him some. FFS, all of them made in china.

Last year, we went to one of these "Highland games" events whilst in Scotland. Lad wanted to get him mum a present. On a stall with a few items, a bloke in a full kilt regalia etc.

He thought he was buying her something engineered locally in Scotland. No, turned out to be Chinese. Cunts.

It’s a tricky one on how we can adequately demonstrate our displeasure. Maybe be a group action in a variety of locations? Drink 10 pints tomorrow night and then go and throw a brick through a Chinese chippy window🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not my thing really!

Its never ending, I think they even own Weetabix these days. The Chinese are everywhere!!

Just booked flights from Cape Town to Sydney via Hong Kong in Jan. should be sorted by then. 

I was in China 20 months ago. Stuck in a huge airport for 8 hours on our way to Melbourne. This report gives some idea of the huge growth in that vast country.

https://www.airport-technology.com/news/china-new-airports-2035/

I think that works out at more than an airport a month being built for the next 15 years. (We can’t even build an extra runway without protests)

300 to 500 new coal fired power stations in the next 20 years?

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2019/03/28/china-new-coal-plants-2030-climate/amp/

We can’t even extract gas from the ground without protests. 

In ten years time, we’ll being holidaying in Blackpool & Morecambe while the Chinese take over Benidorm.

Its certainly a booming country, and they don't seem to give a shit about pollution, at some point, they'll be the dominant world super power, they already own vast swathes of land in Africa so they can plunder those resources, they also "own" over $1,000,000,000,000 of US debt. They'll own everything one day.

31 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Its certainly a booming country, and they don't seem to give a shit about pollution, at some point, they'll be the dominant world super power, they already own vast swathes of land in Africa so they can plunder those resources, they also "own" over $1,000,000,000,000 of US debt. They'll own everything one day.

Can they hurry up and own BWFC? 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Not my thing really!

Chinese own about half the tourist type shops on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh these days.

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Sweep said:

It's strange, on the one hand they are investigating heavily in renewable technology, but also burning coal and polluting too.

The missus saw an article yesterday about dog festivals in China and Korea. They steal and round up dogs, cage and torture them, then skin them alive prior to eating. They reckon such treatment improves the meat.

Just fuck off.

46 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The missus saw an article yesterday about dog festivals in China and Korea. They steal and round up dogs, cage and torture them, then skin them alive prior to eating. They reckon such treatment improves the meat.

I've heard of this sort of stuff going on. I've no problem at all with them eating dog (and I suspect I may have done once or twice, unknowingly), but I'm not keen on them blow torching them whilst they're still alive, which they apparently do.

They do get up to some odd stuff though, I've had to go into the back of a restaurant in the past, and select which particular chicken I want to eat, which is bizarre when there are 6 or 7 of them still running around, and you then select, and they lop it's head off right in front of you.