Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hong Kong

gonzo

39 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I've had to go into the back of a restaurant in the past, and select which particular chicken I want to eat, which is bizarre when there are 6 or 7 of them still running around, and you then select, and they lop it's head off right in front of you.

Sounds like Horwich

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Sweep said:

They do get up to some odd stuff though, I've had to go into the back of a restaurant in the past, and select which particular chicken I want to eat, which is bizarre when there are 6 or 7 of them still running around, and you then select, and they lop it's head off right in front of you.

Ever been to a posh English seafood restaurant or just about ANY Mediterranean seafood restaurant and been the person who selects which lobster dies? I'm just wondering what the difference is. 

On 16/08/2019 at 20:53, MickyD said:

Ever been to a posh English seafood restaurant or just about ANY Mediterranean seafood restaurant and been the person who selects which lobster dies? I'm just wondering what the difference is. 

No difference really, apart from there really isn't a lot of blood with the lobster and you generally don't see it being put in the pot. In China, you watch them "despatch" the chicken, so that you're sure you are getting the one that you chose. It's a bit grim when the body is still twitching away minus its head. I'm not particularly squeemish, so it doesn't really bother me, it does some people though.

I've even eaten a fish that's head was alive, but the rest of its body had been fried.... That was weird, tasty, but weird, as the fish was clearly still alive

Edited by Sweep

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

BBC not fully showing the police man pumping a protestor with 3 bullets at close range. Understandable.

Turning really nasty is this.

Just showed both but paused at "point of impact" if you know what I mean 

Then showed a copper on a bike mowing folk down

11 hours ago, Traf said:

How long before the Chinese get totally fucked off with it and flood the place with troops?

I'm not sure they will, they can't and won't be seen to do it, they'll happily just sit it out and keep it "contained" with the odd high profile person being "disappeared" every now and then, until eventually the protesters give up or become that scared that they dare not protest.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Before all this I'd never heard of Carrie Lam 

Now get it on a regular basis 

She doesn't come across as someone who knows how to sort it 

Quite.

I suppose Chinese authorities won't want to make "martyrs" of the protestors, but at the same time won't tolerate any spread of these protests into the wider country.

Tricky.

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

I'm not sure they will, they can't and won't be seen to do it, they'll happily just sit it out and keep it "contained" with the odd high profile person being "disappeared" every now and then, until eventually the protesters give up or become that scared that they dare not protest.

Xi has siblings living in HK (and Canada, and an ex-wife in London).

37 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Quite.

I suppose Chinese authorities won't want to make "martyrs" of the protestors, but at the same time won't tolerate any spread of these protests into the wider country.

Tricky.

24 weeks I think it's been said its been going on for 

We're now up to police shooting protesters from short range and protestors setting fire to pro Beijing supporters 

Unless things escalate further from the authorities side I cant see the protestors backing down