Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gillingham away 31/8

BOWTUN BAKED

43 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

Really disappointed with the contribution of the senior lads.

Had high hopes for Murphy and Lowe but not seen much so far. Especially as they are centre midfield and can have a big contribution. 

A player doesn't work in isolation, you could put amazing passes into the box but if the player you're passing too isn't able to put the ball away, it looks like you've made no contribution. When we get a few more senior players into the team you'll see a skyrocket in performance. 

I think what's happening atm is, they know the boys up-top don't have the physicality to attack, so they're sitting back and trying to snatch a goal, the issue with this is if you concede first, you then need to attack and this is leaving us exposed. 

Edited by leadfrog1
-

The thing is, under normal circumstances at least half of these lads wouldn't have got anywhere near a L1 start for the next 4 or 5 years. One or two of them might not even be good enough to make a career from football.

We need senior experienced pro's and quickly, but i guess everyone knows that anyway.

2 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Unfortunately from the young lads can only see Politic being a first team regular. Great support again today we will get stronger each game now on 

Unfortunately i would have to agree with that plus Lowe and Murphy are very poor 

All depends on the rebuilding and manager but i still believe we can stay up

First half we were ok apart from bad defending the 2 goals but second half it looked like we had 6 players

1 hour ago, HomerJay said:

If Murphy plays more than 90 mins under hill, I'll eat my own arm.

He’s been so bad in all the games he’s played in just doesn’t do anything you think he would help protect the back four but every second ball after a clearance from the defence he’s nowhere to be seen

Proud as fuck of them today irrespective of the result. Glad we can still put a team out for us to support given the circumstances.

If I was to pick faults I'd say we're too light out wide and the centre forward isn't strong enough to hold up the ball on his own...

...but you can't fault the effort or the support. COYWM 

8 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

I've been lucky enough in my life to travel round parts of the World, experience different places, cultures & civilisations, seen some amazing sites & had some life changing adventures.

But nothing, NOTHING! ever comes close to the Euphoria, the pure joy of the terraces with the White Army, cracking day out with cracking people again. To think we came so close to never having it again.

BTID

COYFWM

Tremendous Mr Concrete :)

Defensively, our full backs were all at fault for all the goals including Brockbank giving their lad a free header. Josh Earl looked okay at Wycombe but we have no other LB or RB that is close to ready for first team action. Agree about Murphy being a disappointment but so is Weir. Lowe will be fine with better players around him. Out of the kids Politic is the only one close to good enough, Edwards and Zouma have potential but after that it’s cameos only. 

2 hours ago, white noise said:

Defensively, our full backs were all at fault for all the goals including Brockbank giving their lad a free header. Josh Earl looked okay at Wycombe but we have no other LB or RB that is close to ready for first team action. Agree about Murphy being a disappointment but so is Weir. Lowe will be fine with better players around him. Out of the kids Politic is the only one close to good enough, Edwards and Zouma have potential but after that it’s cameos only. 

Based solely on yesterdays performances I would agree with all that. Big clap for all the lads who have kept us going though until the recruits arrive.

We need patience with the players coming in though because its the start of the pre-season for a few weeks and I cant see us being totally competitive until October. There will be enough games to claw the points back but it looks like a season in League 2

• Site Supporter

Cracking day out, plenty of ale an apparently a football match broke out. Poor performance again but that’s the last free hit they get, it has to improve now and it will do. 10 new signings at least are needed.

Sharon had a dream, to own a football team. She had no money so got a drummer for free. Mason at the back, pink floyd in attack. We’re Bolton Wanderers, We’re on our way back

Second paragraph is brilliant. Could it be a new song I wonder. Certainly feel better about my club than I did a week ago. New owners, new management team and new players on the way. I accept Div 2 is likely at the moment but we are on the long road back. Proud to be a Wanderer.

• Site Supporter

Just got home. Great weekend out with a lot of beer and a lot of laughs. Not least of which was Barryk32 needing to be everyone's friend.

Non stop drive home cleared the cobwebs away.

Fucking motorway drivers...

Give them three lanes they insist on owning the second lane,  four landed and they move over to the third. At one stage the M1 was 5 lanes wide so they congregated in lane 4. Wankers  the lot of them.

Edited by MickyD

• The topic was unpinned
  • Site Supporter
8 hours ago, MickyD said:

Just got home. Great weekend out with a lot of beer and a lot of laughs. Not least of which was Barryk32 needing to be everyone's friend.

Non stop drive home cleared the cobwebs away.

Fucking motorway drivers...

Give them three lanes they insist on owning the second lane,  four landed and they move over to the third. At one stage the M1 was 5 lanes wide so they congregated in lane 4. Wankers  the lot of them.

I'm struggling. Having flash backs to the world's worst game of pool, you blagging us into that Italian and table hopping telling everyone who'd listen how much of a light weight Our Peg is

I'm a pest.

Just back. That squashed a bit of the takeover optimism & could have been worse than 5, with all the kids looking out of their depth.

Plusses were Matthews & Lowe, Hobbs will be alright after a game or two, the fans were tremendous....I didn't hear any moaning & nearly everyone stayed to applaud our players at the end.

We need a manager in quick & some more experienced players, especially some forwards who can hold the ball up....we've no chance if we're effectively defending for 90 minutes.

Edited by bolton va va
just seen we've got a manager in. hurrah

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, barryk32 said:

I'm struggling. Having flash backs to the world's worst game of pool, you blagging us into that Italian and table hopping telling everyone who'd listen how much of a light weight Our Peg is

I'm a pest.

I don't do "We're full" when the place had empty tables and an unused section upstairs.

Best thing was the pub on the Rochester high street where we bought the beer and went out into the beer garden to find ourselves in 14th Century Rochester with castles and cathedrals. Where the hell did they come from. 

And the two Asian lads who smiled at you when you wanted to be fwends.