Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ipswich home

burnden

Guest Nordkurve
5 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Don’t forget that we get a central distribution from the EFL as part of the TV rights deal though so it works out much higher than 30 grand a game when you average it out over the season. 

Missed the game yesterday, down in London for the rugby cup finals (stupid enough to have pre-booked months ago in case Leigh got to the final). Bumped in to more than a dozen BWFC fans that would have otherwise been to the game, plus knew of a good few others besides - out of our group of what would have been 11 season ticket holders, 3 were at the UniBolt and 8 were at Wembley.

I don't blame people at the moment. It's an expensive business nowadays getting to the games. I was in the London Whites supporters club when I worked at Heathrow. On more than one occasion we got up North to find the game was called off due to weather. I seem to remember Swindon was one game, coca Cola Cup semi-final maybe ? I have a lot of mates who had to give up going due to the prices even when we were in the Premier League. I fully understand that the club needs money, but not everyone wants to spend cash watching the youth team get battered every week. 

• The topic was unpinned