Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ex Bolton players still playing

Johnnyrotten

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Eaves started for Hull and was replaced by McGennis in 2nd half.  Dream forward line.  I've no time for marks out of 10 in papers but couldnt help noticing McGennis managed to get a 4 for his half an hour.

pro-rata that's 12 out of 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Vela unused sub for Hibs in 3-0 defeat at Motherwell (2k Hibs fans chanting "Hecky Hecky get to fuck" for much of 2nd half apparently).  Eaves unused sub for Hull, Oztumer unused sub for Charlton (he'll be used to that), and Pratley got last 20 minutes. No sign of Connell in Celtic squad yet or Madine in Cardiff's.  McGennis sent off for Hull.  Great day for Juke scoring for 5th home game running for Birmingham, would love him to have stayed longer with us, proper player. 

On 18/08/2019 at 23:06, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Rodrigo Moreno's done alright for himself.

Been following his incredible rise since he was wank for us. Brilliant for Valencia and Spain in the last few years and apparently he has a £100 million release cause in his contract these days. Recently rumoured that both Barca and Atletico are after him which is ironic as he started off at Real. Definitely a late maturer like Blerim Dzmaili.

I may be behind times with this, but just noticed Ali Al Habsi has signed for WBA. 37 years old. We may not need a keeper but it would have been amazing to get him back here, assuming he'd be happy on £1k a week. Unfortunately we wont be playing against the might of Jamie Proctor at Rotherham, gone to Scunthorpe.  Right up there with all time worst strikers for us.

10 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Phil Brown is manager of Clitheroe. Only found out as I was working there today and someone told me. Big drop for him

Definitely, he was at Pune with Trevor Morgan and Aidan Davidson not so long ago. Just checked and it appears that Pune have gone bust 

• 2 weeks later...

I've just watched most of yesterday's Edinburgh derby, thought I'd have a look at Vela and Doidge in a good derby atmosphere.  Vela continues to be a mystery to me, like Luke Murphy for us.  Ran around a bit and won 2 or 3 interceptions as usual.  Genuinely didn't see him do one thing of note with the ball, not one decent forward pass and his only shot was woefully wide.  Yet managers continue to pick him, and its not that Hibs lacked quality, they had some tricky players, every single one of them contributed far more than Vela, and he didnt even get subbed.  Doidge got about 15 minutes and nearly equalised but he looks a bit like he did for us, lost.  If you like a good celebration, check out the limbs in the Hearts end when they score their 2 second half goals (the winner comes off Vela's boot, otherwise the keeper probably saves it, but that was unlucky).