Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Overdoing it.

Burndens Bogs

On 22/08/2019 at 19:03, kent_white said:

This is always useful to provide a bit of context. People have generally got no idea how harmful alcohol is. I've said before on here - when I first became a nurse I was expecting the wards to be full of people who were lifelong smokers - whilst there were smokers there were far more drinkers. And there were drug users - but far, far fewer than the other two.

523f3399eab8ea2450efd35c-750.gif

Bit odd that Cake doesn't appear on here? 

• Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Sweep said:

Can you still easily get LSD? - I've not seen or heard of it around for absolutely years

It used to be fucking ace when I was a kid but I've not heard of it around either.

Young uns nowadays would rather have a go on the nitrogen oxide.

10/10 would do again

• Site Supporter
49 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Never had a trip/acid/LSD

Wish I had 

Still might but no idea where you'd get it from

It can be life-changingly amazing mate. Provided you're in the right frame of mind at the time. 

2 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Never had a trip/acid/LSD

Wish I had 

Still might but no idea where you'd get it from

Had it 3 times all of them amazing. 

First time I went into work at argos at about 10am thinking I was fine and sat laughing my head off at the kids toys in the stock room. Other time was watching the avalanches at the warehouse project. Dancing with people and they were turning to goblins and back normal with every breath I took in and out. Came home with £280 in fivers too. Amazing! 

As baz said. 10/10 would do again! 

Had mushrooms in Amsterdam and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Me and my closest pals, 2 brothers included sat in a pool room of the tiger bar for 7 solid hours tripping our faces off whilst laughing like I’ve never laughed before or since. Fuckin amazing :D

...there’s a dude round selling DMT now. They call it the spirit molecule! 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Had mushrooms in Amsterdam and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Me and my closest pals, 2 brothers included sat in a pool room of the tiger bar for 7 solid hours tripping our faces off whilst laughing like I’ve never laughed before or since. Fuckin amazing :D

I was talking to a bloke in Manchester last Christmas who was trying to tell me how good DMT was. He wasn't the best salesman, he was absolutely off his face

13 hours ago, gonzo said:

Mushroom shake at a full moon party in Thailand was up there with one of my best experiences 

Mrs Manc had mushrooms in Amsterdam some time before I met her. Apparently the sort where they lock the door and pull a tray out to choose from? Think she said that they were Thai? Anyway an hour later she was being restrained after trying to throw herself out of a second floor window. I’m struggling to see the attraction if I’m honest

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

Mrs Manc had mushrooms in Amsterdam some time before I met her. Apparently the sort where they lock the door and pull a tray out to choose from? Think she said that they were Thai? Anyway an hour later she was being restrained after trying to throw herself out of a second floor window. I’m struggling to see the attraction if I’m honest

Psychedelics aren't for everyone. Some people do equally daft shit when they're drunk. 

Not taken them for probably 25 years and still causing me problems to this day, like you say you never know if it's for you until it's too late.

On a different note though there's not much else that will let you walk home in the rain seeing every individual drop of rain as it falls.

Edited by ErnestTurnip

On a separate note, I really do hope that nobody on here is tempted to ever chase the dragon

As mentioned further up my brother-in-law went from coke to H. Smoking only. Was at his place yesterday for a family barbecue. Fuck me he looks like he's been in Belsen. Talked utter shite, barely ate, and just shuffled around in his own little world. Sadly I think that he's beyond redemption now. Very sad and upsetting