Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parky Gone

HomerJay

Gutted. I’d say that I fear it’s an indication that the iceberg isn’t far ahead, but surely we hit it a long time ago  

He has shown tremendous dignity throughout this whole mess and really has carried that side of the club with so much professionalism, passion and commitment and you really can’t ask for that. 

Like most, I think he’d lost his way on the pitch a long time ago and we probably should have parted ways amicably after the Forest game, but that has all been superseded by the utter shit storm of the last 6-12 months. 

Thank you for promotion, thank you for Forest, and thank you for sticking with it this year as long as you have. Best of luck in the future, Parky. 

26 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

wonder if he’s had enough or been tipped off it’s not happening 

Could be anything, he might have something else lined up, that's going to guaranteed that he's going to get paid. No matter the reason, he's done well to stay this long, and I wish him well. Hopefully he's got wind that the takeover is almost complete, and that he's going to be surplus to requirements.....(I appreciate that you would expect him to hang on, and get a pay off...but i'm just hoping)

11 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

His will be one football autobiography that will be worth reading! 

10 minutes ago, Bigtoe said:

It'll be on the highest shelf at the book shop

Nobody would pick it.:D

Probably should have gone 12 months ago, but he shown great dignity throughout the last 3 months.

Genuinely wish him well, cos i think he's a decent fella.

The BWFC basket case continues.

I've hated him. Loved him. And had zero feelings for him during a lot of his tenure. But I have had respect for all he has tried to achieve under enormous pressure in recent months. Trying to raise the moral of a team that's not been paid can't have been easy and not in the job description. The football, in the main, was shit to watch. But his cards were dealt before he even arrived. I'd imagine he's got something else lined-up already. Good luck to him.

As others say - be interesting to hear "the truth" from his perspective - if he even knows it, once the dust has settled. But I don't think he's the kind of guy to sling any mud. So we'll probably never know.

Kevin Nolan might be able to bring back some passion. And be that connecting factor between fans and management. But how long will he be able to stomach the sorry affairs going on behind the scenes? All we could hope from someone like Nolan is that he knows what its like to be a young player starting out at the club - and we've more than our fair share of those on the brink of first team football each week.

For me this means that we are either done or he knows we are being taken over in the next few days and he knew he was being potted.

If I start backing both sides like that though I might as well start posting in the TAKE OVER thread.

Already posted before about Campbell as potential manager, Nolan is emperor's new clothes for me, and I honestly started to wonder if Lee had left - where's he been when the young uns have been out? No fucking where cos they aren't his regardless of the folk shouting "play the youth" last year.

Edited by ErnestTurnip

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ErnestTurnip said:

For me this means that we are either done or he knows we are being taken over in the next few days and he knew he was being potted.

If I start backing both sides like that though I might as well start posting in the TAKE OVER thread.

Already posted before about Campbell as potential manager, Nolan is emperor's new clothes for me, and I honestly started to wonder if Lee had left - where's he been when the young uns have been owt? No fucking where cos they aren't his regardless of the folk shouting "play the youth" last year.

Are you Alan Nixon