Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

It's the phoenix club... Pull off in to paradise

stevieb

On 22/08/2019 at 10:05, Biggish Dave said:

To be honest, the longer this has gone on, the more I've realised I have simply fallen out of love with football - but not Bolton Wanderers. If the worst comes, I think i'd just walk away from watching the game. A different view to what I held 3 months ago.

As it happens, I think we'll be fine, the ownership will get sorted and i'll soon have my enthusiasm back

To be honest I was never really a football fan .  Id get very animated for the euros and worlds....met biggish in copenhagen  when a mutual friend said we are meeting a bolton lad ..."youll know him" but they were jollies . 
But if it wasnt bwfc or affected bwfc in some way then I couldnt give a shit 

All me football mates have given up (from the burnden paddock) and  I always had to go alone , unless I could drag the old man with me .

Me mum always wanted me to take her to see JJ Okocha , just to see what the fuss was about and to my great shame I never did cos there was "always another game"

If there is a last game then I will take the kids to it , tho they dont really care and look out for preston now cos they got sick of getting shit whilst they were training at 7 years old in a bolton kit , by grown men walking past calling them fucking cunts and  and I quote "wear that top again and I will rape everyone in your family"

Phoenix club ? God bless you all but I am out .

15 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

We all have our own personal axes we like to grind but for me it's players wages.

I know some lads who had STs and just reached the point where they felt disconnected enough from the team because of money to stop going and they have never been back, this was when we were doing ok with no visible problems.

There's loads of money in the game and wages are a place where it just pisses out of the system with no real benefit overall. There is absolutely zero interest within the game in a cap or looking at wages, it even got a mention on QUEST highlights this weekend and the player's reaction was as though he'd been asked if it was ok to shag his mum in front of him.

It will never happen but if the whole pyramid did something like limiting the size of every first team squad to 23 and then staggering a weekly wages cap down from say 250k to 25k in L2 there'd be plenty to keep things solvent.

Maybe. And apols for going a bit Sluffy, beer, bank holiday etc.

The ship has already sailed. Football is dead.

15 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

We all have our own personal axes we like to grind but for me it's players wages.

I know some lads who had STs and just reached the point where they felt disconnected enough from the team because of money to stop going and they have never been back, this was when we were doing ok with no visible problems.

There's loads of money in the game and wages are a place where it just pisses out of the system with no real benefit overall. There is absolutely zero interest within the game in a cap or looking at wages, it even got a mention on QUEST highlights this weekend and the player's reaction was as though he'd been asked if it was ok to shag his mum in front of him.

It will never happen but if the whole pyramid did something like limiting the size of every first team squad to 23 and then staggering a weekly wages cap down from say 250k to 25k in L2 there'd be plenty to keep things solvent.

Maybe. And apols for going a bit Sluffy, beer, bank holiday etc.

Realistically a wage cap will never work unless its across the whole of europe, maybe even wordwide. If the premier league had  wage cap the best players would just leave to go spain, italy germany, wherever the highest wages were being paid. For just England to have a wage cap is not a realistic propostion. 

• Members

Correct although everywhere there is a capped wage structure and a draft system you end up with a competition where days in the sun get spread around as do days when a wooden spoon is jammed up your jacksie.

NFL, AFL etc, spring to mind. As AD says above, probably not a realistic proposition when certain mega clubs would have to agree to lose their power and influence to take their chances with the hoi polloi.

I know it's fantasy to do it unilaterally but I'd do it and lose some good players but it will self limit as foreign teams won't necessarily want teams full of English just cos they are cheaper.

Like bolty said, the well off clubs over here dont give a fuck about the lower leagues though and would never even look at it.

10 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

If it comes to it, serious question, which league would a Pheonix start in? presuming it's way down the football spectre

I don't think there is a firm answer, wherever the EFL/Conference want to put us.

No lower than the Conference North I'd bet.

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

I don't think there is a firm answer, wherever the EFL/Conference want to put us.

No lower than the Conference North I'd bet.

At best it would be NPL Division One (one division below Colls) which is where the re-formed Chester club was placed.

Completely up to the FA - the leagues themselves have next to nowt to do with it. Worth mentioning that Chester (as above), Nuneaton, Hereford and Darlington were all relegated two leagues, and the definition of 'league' is that EFL is one league, the Conference & Conference North are considered one league which brings you down to NPL. It then comes under the league's jurisdiction and their policy is to place the new club in to their lowest division, hence NPL Div One.

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

At best it would be NPL Division One (one division below Colls) which is where the re-formed Chester club was placed.

Completely up to the FA - the leagues themselves have next to nowt to do with it. Worth mentioning that Chester (as above), Nuneaton, Hereford and Darlington were all relegated two leagues, and the definition of 'league' is that EFL is one league, the Conference & Conference North are considered one league which brings you down to NPL. It then comes under the league's jurisdiction and their policy is to place the new club in to their lowest division, hence NPL Div One.

Nope! Chester fan in peace. We were demoted 4 divisions (in fact it was 5 because we were placed in NWCL 1 but appealed it and got put in Evostick L1N in the end) Darlo were put in the Northern league D1) On this basis I would imagine you would go into NLN.

It is not a death knell you know, just a fresh start. BUT what about the stadium? Any placement would require a ground to play. But good luck wherever you end up. You would be fan owned with no corrupt owners to answer to.

I am sure CFC would help any way they, as will all of the fan owned/trust owned and Phoneix clubs