Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next manager

Spider

We are in a position where we cannot afford to bring a manager with the experience we need as I can imagine we are not the most desirable place to work. So we need to be realistic with our options.

I do think that Nolan would drop everything to come here and I for one would welcome him with open arms but I also think that David Lee deserves a chance and also expressed interest in the job. 

Edited by Tino81

David Lee -" keen  & a fans' favourite ". I'm getting the word owenbastardcoyle, but without the managerial experience. No, no  , no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

No problem with either Hill or Nolan, but ideally it needs to be someone who has managed successfully with mostly kids.

10 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Keith Hill for me. Understands what the club is about, good record at this level and is used to working with a budget and bringing kids through. 

I'd hate a local lad or ex-player to lose their celeb status by being booed by their own, that's got to be the most demoralizing scenario and that's the only reason id not want Jimmy Phillips or Keith Hill.   I'd like a strict regime manager, Bruce Rioch alike.  The ground had a professional aura and everything was good whilst he was around.  But don't ask me who, aint got a bloody clue

• Site Supporter

Nathan Jones when Stoke sack him and he needs to re-build his reputation. Failing that, i'd be happy enough with Hill.

I'm fully expecting L2 next season so someone who has promotion a couple of times from that division and used to working with no money would be the way to go. Unlikely, but even try to tempt Flynn away from Newport

7 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Might sound crazy but are we thinking about a manager to give us a go at staying in L1 or looking towards someone having a season dicking about and then getting us back up from L2 ?

As crazy as it sounds the points gap is not insurmountable if FV get their fucking fingers out and get us some decent recruits, there's some shit at the bottom of league 1, so a decent manager would get us points on the board, up to FV now.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Nathan Jones when Stoke sack him and he needs to re-build his reputation. Failing that, i'd be happy enough with Hill.

I'm fully expecting L2 next season so someone who has promotion a couple of times from that division and used to working with no money would be the way to go. Unlikely, but even try to tempt Flynn away from Newport

You're on form, D.

Good shouts about Parky/Huddersfield and Jones.

Not sure about the Hill thing though. 😕

• Site Supporter

Nobby did ok at clubs with no money.

David Lee and the other youth team staff have apparently brought a good number of decent looking youngsters to the fore. Perhaps look at McCann too.

Presumably we're going to have to supplement these kids with journeymen and maybe McCann and all the others with some level of decent level experience may attract some of these players.

Hard to say, but if money is so tight, then using a guy in house may save some wages.