Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Next manager

Spider

More than happy with that appointment, did really well in lower leagues with Rochdale, got them playing good football and brought players on and through.

we are in a different world now, so yes things will be done differently, but provided they are done properly and are sustainable, it has to be better than the last umpteen years

It could well take time, but onwards and upwards

42 minutes ago, stevieb said:

The flitcrofts lived on my street in Bromley Cross when I was growing up. Factoids!

Is there a younger Flitcroft brother? Probably in his late 30's. Remember playing football against him at primary school, think he went to Eagley. Had the same stupid haircut as Garry at the time.

6 minutes ago, Andy Gee said:

Is there a younger Flitcroft brother? Probably in his late 30's. Remember playing football against him at primary school, think he went to Eagley. Had the same stupid haircut as Garry at the time.

4 minutes ago, boltondirtbag said:

I think they have a younger brother Stephen ? 

Aye Stephen it is. Was doing a bit of work at Chorley when Jansen was there I think? 

Had a heart attack a few years ago so had to pack it all in 

28 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Aye Stephen it is. Was doing a bit of work at Chorley when Jansen was there I think? 

Had a heart attack a few years ago so had to pack it all in 

Grew up next door to my nanna. There’s a picture of me with Garry Flitcroft as a toddler. 

Led to believe Stephen was the most talented but loved a session too much and Garry was the most dedicated. 

We like our Rochdale links don’t we Steve Parkin first now Keith Hill. Happy with appointment feel it would of gone tits up with Nolan, liked all the sentiment & all that but we 100% need someone with experience with how big of a job it is sorting the club out. Hill will work his bollocks off for this club with how happy he is getting the job 

25 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Grew up next door to my nanna. There’s a picture of me with Garry Flitcroft as a toddler. 

Led to believe Stephen was the most talented but loved a session too much and Garry was the most dedicated. 

I went to school with Steven, from infants to high school (Turton). Remember him being a very talented player and he was at Blackburn after leaving school but he got released.

Must be the most Boltonian the club's been in donkey's years.

Co-owner, manager, assistant, head of academy, couple of the youngsters who'll be around the first team squad this year ... and we've already had a Boltonian captaining the side this season.

Liking Hill's reputation for playing good football and bringing through the youth according to Rochdale fans.

Really positive move this, adds to the feel that it's the beginning of a new - and much brighter - era.

13 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Rochdale fans opinions on Hill make an interesting read https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/246278/keith-hill/#48

Think there's some fair comments on there. Also think that they are better as a partnership than individually and Hill did lose his way at the end.

Surprised at the Sweetmore comments...thought they loved their Manc music playing announcer :D

Coming out the other side of the Dartford tunnel when the news broke of Hills arrival. Happy with the appointment and badly needed. As previously pointed out tries to play football the right way and knows the lower leagues well

He needs to find a few leaders from somewhere to play with some of these kids. 

‘Keith Hills Super White Army’