Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Next manager

1 hour ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He took us from near the bottom of the Championship to winning the play offs, bringing in journeyman pros & picking up a quality young striker from Walsall. The world class players came further down the line. Had he not performed so creditably to get us promoted in the first place the second bit would never have occurred. 

You seem to have omitted that bit from your memory bank so you can repeat ad infinitum but you will 

How can you suggest he practically saved us? He took over the club in October so the season had hardly started.

Journeyman pros? He didn't need to do much at all given that he inherited Eidur, Jussi, Mark Feeeesh, Claus Jensen, Deano, Bo Hansen, Andy Todd, Gudni, Michael Johansen and Bibi Gardner - and the rest of the squad were good players (Bob Taylor, Mike Whitlow, Branagan, Cox, Elliott, Paul Warhurst to name a few). Toddy resigned because Per Frandsen was sold to fund the new stadium but Sam hardly inherited a talentless squad - it was packed with internationals.

Or have you omitted that from your memory bank?

TBF he did have to get rid of Andy Todd after he decked Suntan and broke his jaw in training :)

Anyone who slates Allardyce's managerial record at Bolton or even tries to question his record needs to give their head a wobble. 

2 days after the greatest escape we are squabbling about shit and opinions. 

Feels good to be back. 

who ever we get think we needs to invest in younger players. and sell off and reinvest. best way to make profit. and as long as its done in clubs best interest im happy

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Unpopular opinion, but I’d genuinely liked to have seen what Parky could have done with all that weight lifted from his shoulders.

Tactics were off but we know he had little to play with.

A calming but experienced presence, with all that baggage removed and he may have done a job.

But we’ll never know and I’m just as happy to see new blood.

Not completely unpopular as that was how myself and those I go the match with felt also. 

I'd come round to realising that for a large enough section of the support there was no way back, they wanted rid of Parky and were never going to change their minds.

Given the toll that managing this madhouse would've taken and also perhaps FV's desire to start a new era off with a new man at the helm, it was probably for the best that he went when he did. 

Now he's gone and hopefully everyone can get round whoever comes in and there's a feeling of a fresh start, a clean slate and a manager full of energy and ideas with sufficient time and understanding from the support to build something that's sustainable in the medium and long term. 

43 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

How can you suggest he practically saved us? He took over the club in October so the season had hardly started.

Journeyman pros? He didn't need to do much at all given that he inherited Eidur, Jussi, Mark Feeeesh, Claus Jensen, Deano, Bo Hansen, Andy Todd, Gudni, Michael Johansen and Bibi Gardner - and the rest of the squad were good players (Bob Taylor, Mike Whitlow, Branagan, Cox, Elliott, Paul Warhurst to name a few). Toddy resigned because Per Frandsen was sold to fund the new stadium but Sam hardly inherited a talentless squad - it was packed with internationals.

Or have you omitted that from your memory bank?

TBF he did have to get rid of Andy Todd after he decked Suntan and broke his jaw in training :)

It was actually in the toilets on a night out... If my memory is correct 😊

4 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Aye

Story I heard was Browny said to him "you were only in the team because of your dad" or words to that effect

Followed him into the toilets and smashed his jaw on the sink

10 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

Aye

Story I heard was Browny said to him "you were only in the team because of your dad" or words to that effect

Followed him into the toilets and smashed his jaw on the sink

Suntans 2nd moment of glory

popping Stan collymore

still makes me smile 😃 

55 minutes ago, Ani said:

2 days after the greatest escape we are squabbling about shit and opinions. 

Feels good to be back. 

So true. For ages I wouldn’t even bother discussing anything football related because it all seemed pointless in the grand scheme of things. Now I’m googling Nolan’s managerial win record and writing his CV for him, whilst hearing people make some strange calls on previous managers and waiting in anticipation for the inevitable bites (still think Jules missed the reference to Megson being on a list of our all time best managers 😂).

Like you say, feels good to be back.

P.s. Who’s the ref on Saturday? Bet he’s a cunt

35 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Team bonding (ha,ha) weekend at Mottram Hall, CT was still manager. Moved on to Charlton where he twatted team mate Dean Kiely.

Edited by Mannyroader

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

So true. For ages I wouldn’t even bother discussing anything football related because it all seemed pointless in the grand scheme of things. Now I’m googling Nolan’s managerial win record and writing his CV for him, whilst hearing people make some strange calls on previous managers and waiting in anticipation for the inevitable bites (still think Jules missed the reference to Megson being on a list of our all time best managers 😂).

Like you say, feels good to be back.

P.s. Who’s the ref on Saturday? Bet he’s a cunt

Mine about Dougie was a wind up.

I'm still not sure if the original post was serious or not! 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

Wouldn't be against Sam Ricketts getting the job. Much more experienced than Nolan whilst still being young enough to identify with what'll be a young squad. 

Would mean compo from wherever he is now but has had a good start to his managerial career. 

13 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

Wouldn't be against Sam Ricketts getting the job. Much more experienced than Nolan whilst still being young enough to identify with what'll be a young squad. 

Would mean compo from wherever he is now but has had a good start to his managerial career. 

Things we can’t pay for:

No. 153: Compo

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

Things we can’t pay for:

No. 153: Compo

You may be right. But do you know this?

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Keith Hill interviewed today I believe. 

Club shop assistant vacancy I heard 

11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Keith hill ticks the boxes for me 

he was in Rose & crown other week wearing a nice stone island jacket 

His names Keith and hes all stoneyed up 🤣

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Even pep wears the stone 

He did once, he's gone all Talibs now

Just had a thought, give Keith Hill the job until the end of the season and he gets a nice Brucie bonus if he keeps us up. We review his contract at the end of the season. Just think he's more of a safe pair of hands for us at this moment in time.

Just now, Blondi said:

Just had a thought, give Keith Hill the job until the end of the season and he gets a nice Brucie bonus if he keeps us up. We review his contract at the end of the season. Just think he's more of a safe pair of hands for us at this moment in time.

I wouldn't be disappointed with Keith Hill

Safest bet