Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Next manager

1 hour ago, chrisw99 said:

I just popped into the local bookies to ask for Next Bolton Manager odds. He said they've been told by head office not to take bets on it till 9am tomorrow morning when the market will open. 

Never bother with these except once. I stuck a tentative tenner on Lennon @ 25/1 while stoned as fuck at 2am on a Thursday night.

The next day he was 4/1. No idea why, just had a feeling. Would’ve had more on but BetVictor restricted me. Badly needed the cash at the time so it was a bit of a result. 

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before we got Rioch I wanted Dario Gradi. I think we should go for him, as we need some better PR.

Lived in Rochdale for yonks and saw a lot of Dale over the years, especially in that spell that led to first promotion from L2, as has been said, never had any money but oversaw great work in the acad

Just heard from The Bantry Club on Derby St, that a well known local sauce company have been successful in their bid, with the proviso that the new manager plays five up front. It’s a clear case

11 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:
Pearson is the name Shazza kept dropping to people. So let’s see.
Quote Tweet
Replying to @reluctantnicko
Hi al do you know who’s in the running for the Bolton job

Bit of a mixed bag when you read his wiki.. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Pearson

14 away games without defeat when he took charge of Hull sounds good. 

But total lack of info for recent stuff. 2 years in charge of a foreign club then sacked doesnt fill me with confidence. 

1 minute ago, chrisw99 said:

But total lack of info for recent stuff. 2 years in charge of a foreign club then sacked doesnt fill me with confidence. 

And he just seems like a bit of a knob too! 

9 minutes ago, chrisw99 said:

He went to Leuven as they have the same owners as Leicester, so I’m sure he’d have kept his hand in. 

Edited by Leyther_Matt
18 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:
Pearson is the name Shazza kept dropping to people. So let’s see. 

ooof, that game at leicester under Freedman. a whisker from the playoffs , iirc. 

he were in the belgian second division with that team them thais own. 

he did alright his first year (didnt qualify for europe in that weird bottom half of first division and top half of second division playoffs) but he lost a lot in the second season, and the new guy did enough to not finish bottom of the relegation playoffs. 

i only know this cos i think we nearly bought tony watt (the celtic player) once and thats where he were at the time. 

3 minutes ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Are you an Ostrich? Is your head in the sand?

How do you mean? Head in the sand? as in refusing to accept something blatantly obvious? 

Edit - fucking hell hahahahaha 

Edited by leebwfc

Yes hes a bell and a hard looking bastard. Could be just what we need. I think they have known who they want for a bit and Parky was allowed to resign with dignity rather than being fired with all right things being said. Heres hoping anyway.

33 minutes ago, snowball said:

Yes hes a bell and a hard looking bastard. Could be just what we need. I think they have known who they want for a bit and Parky was allowed to resign with dignity rather than being fired with all right things being said. Heres hoping anyway.

There's a time and a place for a Pearson type figure, but I honestly think he'd be just what we don't need at this particular moment.

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

Pearson's a cunt. You can argue that he'd be our cunt... but I'm slightly exhausted by all that.

Club needs an arm around the shoulder, rather than someone who'll have fallen out with everybody in 12 months.

Agreed

1 hour ago, Tombwfc said:

Pearson's a cunt. You can argue that he'd be our cunt... but I'm slightly exhausted by all that.

Club needs an arm around the shoulder, rather than someone who'll have fallen out with everybody in 12 months.

I’d not be unhappy with Pearson he has fight which is also what we need. And experience. But I’m inclined to agree. We need someone to bring some new players in whilst putting an arm round the younger lads. It’s not really a Pearson thing. 

43 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I think you might be doing Steve Walsh a disservice there.

Absolutely - their recruitment was phenomenal and Ranieri won the title with a team largely recruited by SW and built by NP - although we don't know to what extent the manager was involved in the recruitment process. I imagine a lot with it being Pearson.

2 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

Absolutely - their recruitment was phenomenal and Ranieri won the title with a team largely recruited by SW and built by NP - although we don't know to what extent the manager was involved in the recruitment process. I imagine a lot with it being Pearson.

They did also have quite a bit of Thai cash behind them too 

22 hours ago, snowball said:

Hop off hoppy you cock. Sam was the messiah for BWFC. End of 

WTF is up with you noballs? in the season Toddy walked we got to the semi final of both cups and lost the promotion playoff in the notorious Ipswich debacle - with the team that previous managers built. It's only fact so no reason to get personal about it.

8 minutes ago, DLH said:

They did also have quite a bit of Thai cash behind them too 

True but a lot of clubs spunk their money away, but have to admire them for spotting Vardy (£1.7million including add-ons) and Mahrez (500k euros) in particular

Their accountant must have creamed himself when they turned Mahrez' 500k euros into £60 million.

Edited by Hoppy510
7 minutes ago, Hoppy510 said:

True but a lot of clubs spunk their money away, but have to admire them for spotting Vardy (£1.7million including add-ons) and Mahrez (500k euros) in particular

Their accountant must have creamed himself when they turned Mahrez' 500k euros into £60 million.

Add Kante to that too... don’t disagree btw but the cash lets you have a bit of freedom for the odd failure if they’d not worked out... see Walsh at Everton

1 minute ago, DLH said:

Add Kante to that too... don’t disagree btw but the cash lets you have a bit of freedom for the odd failure if they’d not worked out... see Walsh at Everton

True mate. I'm thinking Mario Jardel