Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Next manager

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before we got Rioch I wanted Dario Gradi. I think we should go for him, as we need some better PR.

Lived in Rochdale for yonks and saw a lot of Dale over the years, especially in that spell that led to first promotion from L2, as has been said, never had any money but oversaw great work in the acad

Just heard from The Bantry Club on Derby St, that a well known local sauce company have been successful in their bid, with the proviso that the new manager plays five up front. It’s a clear case

I'm happy with Hill. Always enjoyed his post match interviews on gmr and one late night one when drink had deffo been taken. Straight talker and a likeable bloke. Onwards and upwards.

Edited by tshape

Wanted Nolan. Gutted for him.

Thought Hill was a properly bitter cunt last time we played Rochdale in the league at this level. Nonetheless, I’m pleased with the appointment now it’s been announced. Time to get behind him. 

100% behind Hilly and Flitcroft. Reasonable choice in circumstances. More experienced than Nolan and he really did work miracles with a Rochdale team who had never been out of Div 4. Excited now lets have a real go at staying up and enjoying supporting the lads in white shirts whoever comes in or back this week!

I feel exactly the same as I did when Allardyce got appointed. I was only 10 and had no idea who he was, despite knowing he played for us and had done a good job elsewhere. I was gutted that Phil Brown didn’t get the job after a good caretaker record. However I was cautiously optimistic.

Gutted Nolan didn’t get it, yet I’m cautiously optimistic again. Another step towards solidarity and rebuilding. Excited for the next chapter. 

I think this is the correct appointment for our current situation and the high likelihood of League 2 next season. It feels like the right fit with what seems like the homespun approach of Football Ventures. Hill won't have had fortunes to spend, he'll know how to scout lower leagues for good players, he knows the League 1 and League 2 scene very well, he plays good football and he's twice had a promotion from League 2. I hope everyone will be patient with them. We need to build slowly towards next Summer when we can seriously start building a club with momentum again.

Might change the signings strategy over the next 48 hours if any of Hill's former players/favourites are out of contract or otherwise available.