Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
Spider

Next manager

Very happy with Hill and Flitcroft. Living in Rochdale now seen them quite a few times when he was in charge. Tries to play it on the deck and will get players going out knowing exactly what's expected of them. Might even get a tune out out Buckley again if he gets signed.

When you think some very quick decisions need taking on Monday re who to sign on loan etc it’s probably right that someone with experience is taking them.

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

When you think some very quick decisions need taking on Monday re who to sign on loan etc it’s probably right that someone with experience is taking them.

11 are done allegedly 

Just now, barrycowdrill said:

11 are done allegedly 

We had about that number ready to sign before season. Not sure how many of those are still there now. Surely Hill will want a say?

Just now, bwfcfan5 said:

We had about that number ready to sign before season. Not sure how many of those are still there now. Surely Hill will want a say?

Who knows but again that’s come from Flitcroft today so they’re obviously aware 

we will only see in time if Hill is happy with them all 

4 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

11 are done allegedly 

Not his choices then...

On paper, a sensible appointment. Definitely “old-school” in his managerial approach but has a decent record in the lower leagues, will have plenty of contacts and knowledge about players at this level, and has a reputation for playing a pleasing style of football.

My only concern is that when poor results put him under pressure at Rochdale, he was prone to publicly criticising supporters. If pressure can do that to him there, then it certainly can here, and I hope he's learned and is ready to deal with that.

However, now that he's in he obviously has my full support and I wish him well. There will definitely be a couple more familiar accents around the place.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

Just now, burnden said:

Not his choices then...

He might have been working behind the scenes for a while?

2 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

Who knows but again that’s come from Flitcroft today so they’re obviously aware 

we will only see in time if Hill is happy with them all 

If it’s come from Flitcroft I assume Hill has ok’d it. Think we’ve only got 12 spots in the squad limit.

7 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

11 are done allegedly 

Hill did sign Clough....

Happy with Hillcroft. 

Strategy not sentiment. 

They tick the boxes we need as pointed out above. 

Might even get a tune out of Buckley. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

Dunno where he lives now, but a lot of Dave and Garys family  are top of Halliwell/Smithills folk,had many a beer with them over the years. Lovely people.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

2 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Dunno where he lives now, but all Daves family are top of Halliwell/Smithills folk. Lovely people too.

Apart from Gary who is an utter cunt from the brief dealings I’ve had with him anyway 

very happy with this appointment and the bonus for me is how quick FV have acted. They have sought to steady the ship ASAP so I’m liking this get shit done style 

3 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Dunno where he lives now, but all Daves family are top of Halliwell/Smithills folk. Lovely people too.

Either Dave or Gary live(d) top of Hospital Rd.

10 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Happy with Hillcroft. 

Strategy not sentiment. 

They tick the boxes we need as pointed out above. 

Might even get a tune out of Buckley. 

If he gets a tune out of that useless bastard I'll be absolutely astonished. Not sure even Buckley knows how that can be achieved

Happy with this.

I just want a manager we can get behind.

someone I’d want alongside me in the trenches.

someone passionate.

someone who will give the centre back a bollocking if they don’t do what they are suppose to do.

someone who will give the ref what for.

thank fuck someone who won’t sit on his seat all match not knowing what the fuck they are doing 

Just now, Kane57 said:

If he gets a tune out of that useless bastard I'll be absolutely astonished. Not sure even Buckley knows how that can be achieved

They managed Buckley as a youngster at Rochdale. Unlikely but if anyone can then it's probably them! 

7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Anyone against it jog on 

Keith hills super white army 

How far have you got? Good day out today but the next league game we will be competitive 

Just near Victoria now and heading out with missus for a ruby with a couple of Cobras 

FV not fucking about.

Great choice and decisively done.

It feels good again.

Interesting that Hill states the incomings aren’t there to ‘replace’ the young lads who have been playing 

weve all said all along that the perfect scenario will be some of the current lads with experience around them

Hill already knows his brief and what he will be working with