Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
MancWanderer

Mental Health/Depression

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Anyone else know what kind of day it’s going to be about 3 minutes after you wake up? 

...you just know it’s in for the day 

Not anymore. Morning idiot head usually clears now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Aye, can usually feel it in my chest and feels like there is some kind of worry or panic, but I have no real worries in my life which kinda fucks me off even more that it’s happening for no real reason. 

Can get that anytime. For no obvious reason. A diminishing event now thankfully.

We're entering autumn now and light levels are dropping noticeably.

Not uncommon for some of that sinking feeling.

Some of these morning lumie daylight lamps can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well another day and i decided to throw a pair of worn out trainers in the bin but i can't bring myself to do it. It's not that i am a hoarder it's because i think they will be sad. I cannot tell my the therapist this because he won't understand they all seem to be trainees. It is getting worse the older i get, it would be nice to talk with someone who has the same problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Does anyone else get anxiety at the sheer thought of one day coming off medication for anxiety or depression?

I’ll never come off em again. Fuck that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Does anyone else get anxiety at the sheer thought of one day coming off medication for anxiety or depression?

A bit.

Don't bother considering it too often to be honest.

Being a bit up and down with a fuzzy/fluffy head from side effects or suffer from the black dog?

Fuck it, tonight I'm having BEEF; a tomohawk steak to be precise, with all its eco impact. Offset with home grown spuds.

Bollocks to worries over medication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I’ll never come off em again. Fuck that. 

 

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

A bit.

Don't bother considering it too often to be honest.

Being a bit up and down with a fuzzy/fluffy head from side effects or suffer from the black dog?

Fuck it, tonight I'm having BEEF; a tomohawk steak to be precise, with all its eco impact. Offset with home grown spuds.

Bollocks to worries over medication.

The meds seem to be working and it’s the best I’ve felt in years, part of me doesn’t want to take them for the rest of my life but I always think if I stop will I have a partridge style break down eating a load of toblerone in my car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rudy’s Message said:

The meds seem to be working and it’s the best I’ve felt in years, part of me doesn’t want to take them for the rest of my life but I always think if I stop will I have a partridge style break down eating a load of toblerone in my car

Please don't stop unless you've discussed it with your GP. That road is not a nice one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, quite hard to accept you may need them for a very long time.

Been a bit shitty since the weather went to rat shit in September.

From being inclined to look for a reduction, gp suggested going back up a little if needed.

Some of the work has to be done by the taker, and not rely entirely on the medication, so I'm sticking to current level.

A balance.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I don’t return to being a grumpy, too easy to snap, misanthropic arsehole I’ll be happy to give the tablets the heave ho. Until then happy where I am. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheese said:

Please don't stop unless you've discussed it with your GP. That road is not a nice one. 

I made that mistake 

Was on them for a couple of years and my life was shit. Things improved and life good. Treated the tablets as if it was antibiotic. I'm cured it's fine 

Didn't work out like that and whilst things having changed life wise I'm back in them following a bollocking from the doctor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My GP was pushing for me to come off my tablets and I agreed to lower my dosage very reluctantly 

I recently quit my job due to shit work/homelife balance and I feel so much better, hopefully I won’t be on them for much longer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

My GP was pushing for me to come off my tablets and I agreed to lower my dosage very reluctantly 

I recently quit my job due to shit work/homelife balance and I feel so much better, hopefully I won’t be on them for much longer 

Sometimes they are issued for different types of "depression" according to diagnosis. They may well have been intended to give you a lift during a very difficult time, and then you've managed to remove the 'trigger'. Good stuff.

As others have said, work with your GP and be honest with yourself and him/her if things aren't quite right. Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sometimes they are issued for different types of "depression" according to diagnosis. They may well have been intended to give you a lift during a very difficult time, and then you've managed to remove the 'trigger'. Good stuff.

As others have said, work with your GP and be honest with yourself and him/her if things aren't quite right. Good luck.

I threw everything into work after my mum died as a distraction so I missed so much at home, it sounds awful but I didn’t want to be at home either work or football 

in the end it got too much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I threw everything into work after my mum died as a distraction so I missed so much at home, it sounds awful but I didn’t want to be at home either work or football 

in the end it got too much 

My shit also came to a head after my old fella left us. 3 months watching him slide downhill, with one or two reasons for hope in between takes a toll.

In the end, hoping for a miracle conflicting with pragmatic wish for him to pass on sooner so as not to suffer- not an easy a place for anyone to be in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It still amazes me how many on here take medication for this type of stuff. Thought provoking and makes me feel grateful I seem to have avoided the need for them.

Edited by tomski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomski said:

It still amazes me how many on here take medication for this type of stuff. Thought provoking and makes me feel grateful I seem to have avoided the need for them.

Count your blessings but remember it’s not a problem to take them and never a problem to talk if you ever do feel that way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tomski said:

It still amazes me how many on here take medication for this type of stuff. Thought provoking and makes me feel grateful I seem to have avoided the need for them.

I was just thinking the same thing. 

Never knew it was so widespread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tomski said:

It still amazes me how many on here take medication for this type of stuff. Thought provoking and makes me feel grateful I seem to have avoided the need for them.

You're missing out - first two weeks on them was ace - also they really help the hangovers, no longer get the fear. I'm not sure if that's the point, but I'm not complaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I was just thinking the same thing. 

Never knew it was so widespread 

There’s still a real stigma attached unfortunately and a lot of folk still feel uncomfortable admitting that they have a problem. I’m obviously very interested due to my youngest’s issues and what is encouraging is that so many people have opened up on here and talked about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

You're missing out - first two weeks on them was ace - also they really help the hangovers, no longer get the fear. I'm not sure if that's the point, but I'm not complaining. 

Sertraline are you on?

Can't remember to be honest.

If you felt ace in the first two weeks then you're a very fortunate individual.

Supping, unfortunately, counteracts it as alcohol is a depressant, so again you're lucky.

Wouldn't recommend it, especially in early days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Count your blessings but remember it’s not a problem to take them and never a problem to talk if you ever do feel that way

Aye wasn’t a slant on anyone who does, obviously I don’t fancy giving them a bash mind 

Edited by tomski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

You're missing out - first two weeks on them was ace - also they really help the hangovers, no longer get the fear. I'm not sure if that's the point, but I'm not complaining. 

I take back my previous post😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tomski said:

I wasn’t a slant on anyone who does, obviously I don’t fancy giving them a bash mind 

Oh I know mate and to be fair I didn’t realise how common mental health issues and treatment was until I got help myself. Genuinely just thought that’s just how I am and it’s life and part of being a wanderers fan 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.