Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bradford City (H)

Leyther_Matt

24 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

How good is Zouma, he could be premier league class. 

Really? He makes me nervous tbh and looks like a mistake waiting to happen, very one footed and doesn't seem the smartest with the ball at his feet.

He made some great blocks and challenges tonight though and  maybe he could make it as an out + out stopper.

He was immense at Wycombe, but i can't see him being in Keefs plans.

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Glad it wasn't just me! We arrived about 10 to 7 and the queue was snaking out if the ground. Couldn't get in North Stand - got in West bit pretty clear there were thousands who weren't going to get a seat. Marched around to the ESL. Felt like I was part of something special again. Pure support. Loved tonight.

Spot on. Fantastic tonight.

In years to come we'll remember the start of this season after all the shit that's gone on before.

And we'll laugh about all of the 5-0's.

We're back  - now let's sell out Rotherham. =D>

• Members
1 minute ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Really? He makes me nervous tbh and looks like a mistake waiting to happen, very one footed and doesn't seem the smartest with the ball at his feet.

He made some great blocks and challenges tonight though and  maybe he could make it as an out + out stopper.

Surprised on that view based on tonight, I thought he was excellent, in the air on the deck, strong in the tackle, composed on the ball, I’m not sure whos man it was for the goal but overall thought he was excellent.

Think he’ll be making Keith’s bench at the least 

25 minutes ago, bwfc2003 said:

Back to the old days with pre match walk out music

633 squadron preceded with

THIS iS ONLy THE beGiNNINg

very apt 

Stuck in the traffic so missed the first 10 mins, that is fucking ace if they’ve gone back to using that intro. Brilliant 

12 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

All the stuff he gets wrong he can learn to fix.

He's definitely got something about him that hopefully he can build on.

It's always good when an extra stand is opened due to unexpected numbers of Bolton fans.From my view in East Lower, the West Lower and North Lower were 99% full, i think there must have been more than 9,000 on.

I think I could make out Emma and Sharon in the directors box, both going crazy when we scored and our keeper saved a pen.Both of them would surely have been impressed by  the size of the crowd and atmosphere

What a great night for BWFC and the town of Bolton.And what a twat the Bradford player was at the end goading the lad who missed the  penalty

5 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It's always good when an extra stand is opened due to unexpected numbers of Bolton fans.From my view in East Lower, the West Lower and North Lower were 99% full, i think there must have been more than 9,000 on.

East stand lower was only open from the halfway line and up to the North stand. 9k sounds about right to me.

It's not the quantity,it's the quality - our support has been fantastic so far this season, imagine what it'll be like when we start winning!

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Don’t know if this been mentioned but did anyone read the program notes, they are closing the top tiers for the Sunderland & Oxford games? No mention still of season tickets either 

Last nights crowd for a mediocre cup competition might prompt a re-think.

If FV want to keep/get fans onside, upsetting the upper tier brigade for this season at least wouldn’t be a wise move imo.

38 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Don’t know if this been mentioned but did anyone read the program notes, they are closing the top tiers for the Sunderland & Oxford games? No mention still of season tickets either 

Closing the top tiers for the Sunderland game is madness, surely not, what’s the capacity without them?  Can’t be much more than 15k. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Closing the top tiers for the Sunderland game is madness, surely not, what’s the capacity without them?  Can’t be much more than 15k. 

Agreed. Close em for Oxford by all means but not our first proper 3pm Saturday home game since the takeover with decent opposition. 

I'm hoping LOV is open so I can take my lad with me. He's too young for a packed out ESL and I'm too tight to go platinum suite. 

45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Thought the exact same, probably made this decision on the back of the Ipswich game

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Last nights crowd for a mediocre cup competition might prompt a re-think.

If FV want to keep/get fans onside, upsetting the upper tier brigade for this season at least wouldn’t be a wise move imo.

Yeppp said the same to my dad i'm guessing it's to do with the pricing of keeping the top tiers open.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Imagine being 23-years-old and going out of your way at the end of the match to push in the chest and taunt a 17-year-old who's just missed the final penalty on his full debut.

Perhaps not, but he made himself a bit of a target with a stupid penalty. Being wound up by an opponent is part of the game and all young players will need to learn to deal with it.

One of the best aspects though was his team mates piling in.

From the games I've seen them play, there's a huge sense of camararderie. They don't take a step back and will mix it as best they can with the bigger opponents.

Just looking at the little un up top on his own; massively outsized against the centre half, but never stopped.

Brown sterling who replaced him was of a more solid build and quick, but didn't seem to have the same grit. Perhaps a bit behind in his development.