Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bradford City (H)

Leyther_Matt

Brilliant turn out last night, really was a great feeling seeing them having to open ESL.

Have really been impressed with Weir so far this season and the effort from the rest couldn't be questioned, not sure whether it was cramp or something else but Boon played the last half hour with one leg and still went up to take a penalty. Thought Senior did really well all night, another one (of many) who has grabbed the opportunity they have been given.

Hand on heart I honestly don't see many, if any, getting another first team appearance this season outside of maybe the Leasing.com and barring injuries but they've been part of something special, something unique, and it's something they should be proud of forever.

Aye I reckon my maths had gone missing a touch when I said "if any" but 2 senior keepers and Earl to come back would take that to 15, and I'd be surprised if KH didn't get a couple of frees to fill the squad in so we might end up with a bit of competition for those remaining places.

4 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Imagine being 23-years-old and going out of your way at the end of the match to push in the chest and taunt a 17-year-old who's just missed the final penalty on his full debut.

A Cocky kid tries to score a penalty in that manner and misses deserves a shove in the chest imo.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

A Cocky kid tries to score a penalty in that manner and misses deserves a shove in the chest imo.

Aye. The Bradford lad's behaviour wasn't edifying, but neither was the penalty.

No doubt some of the other young lads will rib him over it, and he'll learn.

2 minutes ago, Ruba Mustafa said:

Great that the youngsters got a game. Think there will be another three players at least signed soon so prob the last chance of first team action for the vast majority. 

Fab experience for them and At least it's on their cv that they played for bwfc 

We can sign 3 maximum now. And suspect plenty of action still for some of those kids. We have 14 senior players - 2 are keepers. So 12 senior outfield players. Even if we sign 3 more - and Hill says he won't immediately - those kids will still be in and around first team squad. And rightly so. 

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What nonsense. A young lad trying it on got some stick.

Been going on throughout the ages and always will do.

No different in the workplace generally, someone will clip the wings of an upstart.

He's 17. He had a superb game. A 23 year old has absolutely no need to do anything there. A lad of that age missing a penalty in a meaningless game. Leave it alone.

Senior deserved nothing other than a standing ovation for the superb game he had. 

• Moderators

i thought senior was going to miss out then glad he got a run at gillingham

but then, last night, why has he waited so long for a go

he looked as good as owt we have seen

and not sure it was cocky, maybe he always does that and feels more comfortable

their mon was a cock

• Site Supporter

When he stood like that, who was confident he'd score?

I wasn't and there were plenty around a bit bemused.

Their lad was indeed a cock. If he's getting off on something like that he's not much ambition.

The lads that took them conventionally put them away well. Even the crossbar one had beaten the keeper, just had a little too much on it.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

He's 17. He had a superb game. A 23 year old has absolutely no need to do anything there. A lad of that age missing a penalty in a meaningless game. Leave it alone.

Senior deserved nothing other than a standing ovation for the superb game he had. 

Which he got deservedly. His penalty was wank but won't be held against him. He will get stick over it. The nature of team sports.

4 hours ago, enzo gambaro said:

Tell you what’d be ace, and that’s if a big chunk of those who turned out last night remember these lads when the FA Youth Cup comes round. 

Yes, indeed.

Perhaps the club might give us a gentle nudge in that direction the week before they play?

50 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

A meaningless game?

WOW! What nonsense!

i don't think it was meaningless at all. Neither I suspect, did the players, management and fans that attended.

Hence the emotive behaviour.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Don't know if they been doing this already but they advertised a bit last night that they are doing a soccer school for kids on Friday nights, great idea to get kids involved.

thats not actually the club

its the community trust