Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bradford City (H)

Leyther_Matt

Just now, DomRepWanderer said:

Nobodies mentioned yet, but that ref was fucking awful, everything given to them, nothing going our way, hope all refs at this level aren't as shit as he was.

They are, sadly.

Our young 'uns haven't had the rub of the green from refs so far this season.

Really looking forward to this season more than the last 10 seasons or so.

We've got rid of a couple of thousand moaners and the supporters who are still going seem more galvanised.

I think because we came very close to losing our club, the remaining fans are appreciating having a team to support even more.

It's going to be fun - up for it!

COYWM.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Nobodies mentioned yet, but that ref was fucking awful, everything given to them, nothing going our way, hope all refs at this level aren't as shit as he was.

I think a few challenges last night looked worse because at times our lads bounce quite a way. Just a difference in size and strength.

Some dodgy decisions, but seen worse.

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think a few challenges last night looked worse because at times our lads bounce quite a way. Just a difference in size and strength.

Some dodgy decisions, but seen worse.

Our lads are also that fraction slower mentally than the seasoned professionals they're up against so we're quite often a bit late.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Our lads are also that fraction slower mentally than the seasoned professionals they're up against so we're quite often a bit late.

Yep. Experience showed at times. Nonetheless it was really pleasing to see them continually look to play it around, good movement and work for each other.

Loads to be positive about.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

I've only just found out we got a point last night, and Bradford got 1 extra for winning the shootout. Was totally oblivious to the table format. Thought it was just a knockout competition.

You're not the only one. Reckon loads of us were gathering up kids and coats, ready to applaud before going home.

Really I think the only significant reason we didn't win the game was because we had literally nothing up front. Its very hard work when you've got a midget up front who works very hard but is never going to be a striker in a million years. 

I thought we looked better when the other Brown came on and had pace which forced their back 4 back a few yards - he did little else but at least it helped us retain the ball. With EB up front we start well but its too hard once the opposition step up and we can't keep the ball with no outlet. EB worked his socks off but I hope he can find a position other than striker because he won't make it there.

Beyond that I don't think Bradford looked any better than us really. Our LB a bit of a weakness at times. 

40 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Jesus!

First kid up top was streets ahead of his replacement.

Young and not strong enough yes. All the attributes though, movement, workrate etc. There's a reason he started. Will only get better.

Funny how we see the same game differently, i thought the 2nd kid up top showed more pace and better movement than the first one, if we'd managed to get the right ball to him it might have been interesting.

53 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Jesus!

First kid up top was streets ahead of his replacement.

Young and not strong enough yes. All the attributes though, movement, workrate etc. There's a reason he started. Will only get better.

Not about how good they are as players...Eddie Brown worked manfully but we had no way to hold the ball up. He barely got a kick. And once Bradford stepped up it makes the game very hard work for the team without a striker who occupies the defence. 

The other brown did not much other than run fast but it meant their back four dropped slightly deeper which brought the midfield into the game more. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Also I thought Sonny Graham was probably our best player last night and I'd have absolutely no issue with him getting into the team - looked every inch the defensive midfield player. 

i cant believe he is only just 17...!!

4 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

i cant believe he is only just 17...!!

Crazy right? He got played into trouble first half, jinked past the Bradford player with a neat touch then sprayed a 40 yard ball out to the wing. I'll say this - I think he's a better option than Luke Murphy. Even now. 

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Also I thought Sonny Graham was probably our best player last night and I'd have absolutely no issue with him getting into the team - looked every inch the defensive midfield player. 

my lad watches the game much more carefully than me

he picked out graham after, i think, wycombe and coventry

17, i think?

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Crazy right? He got played into trouble first half, jinked past the Bradford player with a neat touch then sprayed a 40 yard ball out to the wing. I'll say this - I think he's a better option than Luke Murphy. Even now. 

Our two draws this season have been those played without our senior players.

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

You're not the only one. Reckon loads of us were gathering up kids and coats, ready to applaud before going home.

Didnt help when the tit on the tannoy said there will be a penalty shoot out to decide the game, which to me implies winner takes all rather thsn us still getting a point