Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Anderson pay off

Mounts Kipper

14 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Take it you are in the Pearson for manager camp then? 

Not sure I entirely understand your question. It seems to me that there's a certain amount of luck in appointing football managers. How long is the list of managers  who've had success at one club only, in next to no time, been driven out of another?

Equally as important as team and player management is the ability to recognise talent especially when you are shopping in the bargain basement.

I hope our new owners get lucky because I think they deserve it but I can't see that they have a lot of personal experience to draw on.

Isn't Bassini due  back in court tomorrow? Be interesting to see what the judge makes of it all now.

Edited by Chris Custodiet

8 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Not sure I entirely understand your question.

Infamous press conference at Leicester where Pearson called a journalist an ostrich. Was quite high profile news at the time.

Your talk of people burying heads in the sand and your generalised hostility towards football journalists led me to think you may feel a sense of kinship towards him.

To be honest Chris it's disappointing having to explain the reference, since anyone with a rudimentary awareness of the football zeitgeist in recent times wouldn' t have required such basic guidance. 

57 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Infamous press conference at Leicester where Pearson called a journalist an ostrich. Was quite high profile news at the time.

Your talk of people burying heads in the sand and your generalised hostility towards football journalists led me to think you may feel a sense of kinship towards him.

To be honest Chris it's disappointing having to explain the reference, since anyone with a rudimentary awareness of the football zeitgeist in recent times wouldn' t have required such basic guidance. 

Called a journalist an ostrich? I'm sure they've been called worse.

I can't say I'm keen on journalists who write fake news, especially those intent on stirring up trouble. I sometimes read Rod Liddle in the Sunday Times; he can be quite entertaining. Last week he was telling his readers that BWFC was about to bought by Parminder Basran. Nowt prejudiced about it, he just wasn't up to speed and isn't employed full-time to write about BWFC.

Anyroad, isn't Bassini due back in court tomorrow? Be interesting to see what the legal eagles and the judge make of the latest developments

3 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Called a journalist an ostrich? I'm sure they've been called worse.

I can't say I'm keen on journalists who write fake news, especially those intent on stirring up trouble. I sometimes read Rod Little in the Sunday Times; he can be quite entertaining. Last week he was telling his readers that BWFC was about to bought by Parminder Basran. Nowt prejudiced about it, he just wasn't up to speed and isn't employed full-time to write about BWFC.

Anyroad, isn't Bassini due back in court tomorrow? Be interesting to see what the legal eagles and the judge make of the latest developments

Thankfully the court case has now become an irrelevance to us. 

2 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Don't know,  if he is he's up against Inner Circle Investments. At the risk of being called an ostrich, I'll only be paying attention if its going to impact on BWFC. 

28 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Don't know,  if he is he's up against Inner Circle Investments. At the risk of being called an ostrich, I'll only be paying attention if its going to impact on BWFC. 

Do you mean to say that you are not one of those who think that Ken Anderson should be hung drawn and quartered for his contemptible selfishness in failing to pay off BWFC's £35m debt and his utter incompetence in his failure to get someone else to do it?

P.S. Sorry, I meant Rod Liddle.

13 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Do you mean to say that you are not one of those who think that Ken Anderson should be hung drawn and quartered for his contemptible selfishness in failing to pay off BWFC's £35m debt and his utter incompetence in his failure to get someone else to do it?

Nobody thinks Ken should be on the hook for £35m and nobody is advocating the reintroduction of grotesque, medieval punishments conducted in the public domain. 

For a self proclaimed independent voice of reason, you don't half exaggerate. 

55 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Thankfully the court case has now become an irrelevance to us. 

I expect there'll be more than a few hoping KA gets his comeuppance.

Bassini's an odd geezer for sure but he did come out with some interesting titbits in his garbled presentation at the Unibol the other week.

Paul Appleton seems to have taken it all a bit too personally imo. Couldn't help thinking that he might have had a cunning plan that didn't go acccording to plan.

35 minutes ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Nobody thinks Ken should be on the hook for £35m and nobody is advocating the reintroduction of grotesque, medieval punishments conducted in the public domain. 

For a self proclaimed independent voice of reason, you don't half exaggerate. 

I know your an accountant but accountants are occasionally allowed time off to engage in a bit of parody, caricature or lampooning. You know it makes sense, leastways I hope you do.

34 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I expect there'll be more than a few hoping KA gets his comeuppance.

Bassini's an odd geezer for sure but he did come out with some interesting titbits in his garbled presentation at the Unibol the other week.

Paul Appleton seems to have taken it all a bit too personally imo. Couldn't help thinking that he might have had a cunning plan that didn't go acccording to plan.

Can’t really get too worked up about Ken now the deal is done. Ultimately the situation was a hard one and he played on fact that others wouldn’t let club disappear. Whilst others tried to find bidders with greater funding.

I really despise Bassini.