Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Extinction people

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
Just now, Escobarp said:

But electric vehicles haven’t just been introduced. 

Yes they have. Its a gradual transition, and every day the technology advances a little bit further. It took decades for the combustion engine to become common place. It will be the same with electric cars. 

8 minutes ago, dave2980 said:

I know about as much as you on the subject, but very few places have charging points that I'm aware of. I've only ever seen them at motorway services plus some other random paces.

I currently drive a Lexus Hybrid which does have an element of self charging but on pure electric it can only do about 8 miles. I'd love a PEHV or even a Tesla but the BIK value pretty much eliminates  the personal tax savings

Ah, there are quite a few charging points in and around Burnley town centre, so I assumed if that shithole has then, they must be pretty common. I don't even think all of Burnley has electric yet.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

How many people needed vehicles for work in 1890? Society changes.

Lots. And they travelled by horse and cart. Are you suggesting we should go back to those days, or just stop developing vehicle technology because you like petrol engines? 

4 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Lots. And they travelled by horse and cart. Are you suggesting we should go back to those days, or just stop developing vehicle technology because you like petrol engines? 

It’s nothing to do with liking petrol engines. You and your weird mind running wild again. I’ve already mentioned it’s about cost. We can’t use horse and cart because, agghhh as you mentioned society changes.

9 minutes ago, Traf said:

Ah, there are quite a few charging points in and around Burnley town centre, so I assumed if that shithole has then, they must be pretty common. I don't even think all of Burnley has electric yet.

I was gonna say has Burnley even got eletrickery yet. 😁

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

It’s nothing to do with liking petrol engines. You and your weird mind running wild again. I’ve already mentioned it’s about cost. We can’t use horse and cart because, agghhh as you mentioned society changes.

The cost of these things comes down as they become more popular. Like combustion engines and airline tickets. It's not difficult to understand, unless you're a bit thick and can't see beyond tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The cost of these things comes down as they become more popular. Like combustion engines and airline tickets. It's not difficult to understand, unless you're a bit thick and can't see beyond tomorrow. 

So back to my original question what the estimated cost? For the prices to come down as they become more popular you need a lot of people to buy them to start of with. That not difficult to understand unless you’re a bit of a gawp? 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, royal white said:

So back to my original question what the estimated cost? For the prices to come down as they become more popular you need a lot of people to buy them to start of with. That not difficult to understand unless you’re a bit of a gawp? 

They're more expensive at the moment, but will become cheaper as battery technology advances and they become the norm. It's not hard to understand, unless you're mind is stuck in a nostalgic rut. 

Edited by Cheese

Just now, Cheese said:

They're more expensive at the moment, but will become cheaper as battery technology advances and they become the norm. It's not hard to understand, unless you're mind is stuck in a nostalgic rut. 

So what’s the estimated price then? If you don’t know just don’t answer you only end up making yourself look a little simple. 

As for cars getting cheaper as they become more advanced Which car companies have been sticking to that theory? Or will it just be electric ones that come down in price? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

So what’s the estimated price then? If you don’t know just don’t answer you only end up making yourself look a little simple. 

As for cars getting cheaper as they become more advanced Which car companies have been sticking to that theory? Or will it just be electric ones that come down in price? 

The estimated price? What the fuck does that even mean?

Nobody is going to force you to buy an electric car. Don't worry. 

ALL types of transport have become cheaper over time. That's how it works. I don't think you understand much beyond your own front door though. 

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

The estimated price? What the fuck does that even mean?

Nobody is going to force you to buy an electric car. Don't worry. 

ALL types of transport have become cheaper over time. That's how it works. I don't think you understand much beyond your own front door though. 

Trains up 37% in the last 10years

New car prices up approx 30% in last 10 years 

Air fares up in last 3 years 

when you say ALL types of transport have become cheaper over time exactly what type of transport are you talking about? 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

Trains up 37% in the last 10years

New car prices up approx 30% in last 10 years 

Air fares up in last 3 years 

when you say ALL types of transport have become cheaper over time exactly what type of transport are you talking about? 

Maybe you need to look into the dividends and bonuses the operators of those transport companies have had over the last decade. Cost isn't the same as price. Remind me who's been in government for the last decade...? 

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Maybe you need to look into the dividends and bonuses the operators of those transport companies have had over the last decade. Cost isn't the same as price.

Again, you said ALL types of transport have become cheaper over time. Let’s take the last decade for example, can you tell me which types of transport have become cheaper for the paying customers? 

Oh you can add buses to the list of price increases. 

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, royal white said:

Again, you said ALL types of transport have become cheaper over time. Let’s take the last decade for example, can you tell me which types of transport have become cheaper for the paying customers? 

Oh you can add buses to the list of price increases. 

The fact the operators rip you off is nothing to do with the cost of the service. Funny how we have one of the most expensive public transport systems in Europe innit? Seeing as the EU control our laws, you'd think we'd be paying the same as every other European country. 

Edited by Cheese

Just now, Cheese said:

The fact the operators rip you off is nothing to do with the cost of the service. Funny how we have the most expensive public transport system in Europe innit? 

So you just spoke utter shite as usual when you said all types of transport have become cheaper? 

What about the 30% rise in new cars? 

If you can’t answer a question just ignore it, there’s really no need to lie. It’s silly and you always end up getting caught out. 

Na night x

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

So you just spoke utter shite as usual when you said all types of transport have become cheaper? 

What about the 30% rise in new cars? 

If you can’t answer a question just ignore it, there’s really no need to lie. It’s silly and you always end up getting caught out. 

Na night x

Na night hun x

10 hours ago, kent_white said:

Would anybody have any objections to any of these ideas?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49997755

Personally, I wouldn’t. I said in my original post on this thread, I have already gone from 2 cars to 1. I use the bus for work about 25% of the time and also walk back. I also use public transport for the match rather than drive as I used to. As a ‘bus wanker’ I can tell you that it would need a huge rethink on the logistics of a huge increase in passenger numbers.

Hopefully I’ll be in Prague by then that has a brilliant transport system. And our apartment is as cheap as chips to heat because of its first class insulation system.

Its them Chi............

1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

Electric cars will never replace petrol/ Diesel engines, laws of physics 

Batteries will never be powerful enough/cheap enough/ light enough/ to cover long distance

Boffins need to come up with a new power source or type of engine, Hydrogen?

I see Dyson has given up