Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Extinction people

globaldiver

• Members
12 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

It's a daft protest.

But the idea that delaying some papers is an attack on 'free press' is just nonsense.

Murdock's media are notorious for spreading misinformation & outright denial about the climate crisis across the globe. 

For all their faults - The Guardian have been one of the few papers to consistently highlight the seriousness of the crisis & amplify the voice of scientists.

Anyway, as said, I'm not defending the protests. Just find the overreaction amusing. 

Sorry about your paper 👍

Over reaction? Suppression of the free press in extreme countries is common place. That's what this is. Extreme.

These extremist cunts need to be taken on and completely smashed as soon as possible. Otherwise it will just get worse and worse.

10 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Over reaction? Suppression of the free press in extreme countries is common place. That's what this is. Extreme.

These extremist cunts need to be taken on and completely smashed as soon as possible. Otherwise it will just get worse and worse.

George Orwell wrote 1984 as a warning

as has been pointed out on here before

he didnt write it as a fucking instruction manual

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Stick an Armani suit on them, yep they would still look like something out of shameless!

To be fair it’s quite cute they have a dress code. The unwashed, smelly, scruffy, dirty cunt look. 

to be fair this could also apply to antifa and the other rent a mobs. 

12 hours ago, bolty58 said:

I think we've established that Murdoch's papers don't technically class as 'free press'. 

It was a publicity stunt to raise awareness & delay some papers. If it was a daily occurrence, then yes it would be suppression.

Problem is that it doesn't work, it only appeals to folk on their side & just turns most people away from a valid point & cause. Murdock's press reporting of the crisis has been immoral, simple as. But ER have only made it worse, as they often do, & played into the hands of those they criticise.

They're not awash with anarchists though, despite the headlines you will read in the Daily Mail today. Just a quick Google search will show you that ER are heavily criticised by the radical left & the cliquey woke brigade. They're too loved up with the police & not anti-capitalist enough. An anarchist wouldn't be seen dead on an ER protest.

4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I think we've established that Murdoch's papers don't technically class as 'free press'. 

It was a publicity stunt to raise awareness & delay some papers. If it was a daily occurrence, then yes it would be suppression.

Problem is that it doesn't work, it only appeals to folk on their side & just turns most people away from a valid point & cause. Murdock's press reporting of the crisis has been immoral, simple as. But ER have only made it worse, as they often do, & played into the hands of those they criticise.

They're not awash with anarchists though, despite the headlines you will read in the Daily Mail today. Just a quick Google search will show you that ER are heavily criticised by the radical left & the cliquey woke brigade. They're too loved up with the police & not anti-capitalist enough. An anarchist wouldn't be seen dead on an ER protest.

fink we need chat 

cos  i

dont understand

could we meet n u explain to me why someone cant produce a newspaper to buy for profit

given i get two of the effing things thro my letter  box every week i dont ask for or pay for

27 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

fink we need chat 

cos  i

dont understand

could we meet n u explain to me why someone cant produce a newspaper to buy for profit

given i get two of the effing things thro my letter  box every week i dont ask for or pay for

Sorry about your pub fella. Heard news from pals of a few being shut across Bolton. Crazy times. 

It's not that someone shouldn't be able to produce a newspaper to buy for profit. It's more the ethics involved in how he runs it and the climate deniers he gives air time to. The debate has been had on climate change. We all know it is caused by humans and we need to curb emissions. So why go against public interest and scientific proof? 

The article says it better than I could (when you get past the sensationalist headline). https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/murdochracy-controls-climate-debate-australia-200124052356203.html

Looks like some have stopped working for him because they don't want to belong to an organisation which is not contributing positively to the defining debate of our time. 

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Sorry about your pub fella. Heard news from pals of a few being shut across Bolton. Crazy times. 

It's not that someone shouldn't be able to produce a newspaper to buy for profit. It's more the ethics involved in how he runs it and the climate deniers he gives air time to. The debate has been had on climate change. We all know it is caused by humans and we need to curb emissions. So why go against public interest and scientific proof? 

The article says it better than I could (when you get past the sensationalist headline). https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/01/murdochracy-controls-climate-debate-australia-200124052356203.html

Looks like some have stopped working for him because they don't want to belong to an organisation which is not contributing positively to the defining debate of our time. 

that is way more reading than i was planning this evening

i know Murdoch is a twat

but i aint wading thro that lot tonight

laters

7 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

It ain’t a debate if you only want to hear one side. 

Just now, Boby Brno said:

There isn't 2 sides to it though.

2 sides is whether beans and cheese is a better jacket potato topping than tuna mayo.

You can't put 2 sides forward in a factual case.

The debate is there to be had around the details how we combat the change but not if we need to make changes.

14 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

There isn't 2 sides to it though.

2 sides is whether beans and cheese is a better jacket potato topping than tuna mayo.

You can't put 2 sides forward in a factual case.

The debate is there to be had around the details how we combat the change but not if we need to make changes.

Does god exist?

23 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Mr. Spencer puts it nicely. The debate has been had. Over and over and over again.

Scientists were never prepared to be up against the media moguls. Anybody with the right skills can sit and make someone else look daft on a TV set. 

Edited by London Wanderer

4 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Mr. Spencer puts it nicely. The debate has been had. Over and over and over again.

Scientists were never prepared to be up against the media moguls. Anybody with the right skills can sit and make someone else look daft on a TV set. 

For the record, I’m on your side. I’m not a denier as I’ve said many times. I don’t believe in censoring people who may have an alternative view though. See my comment about God.

1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

For the record, I’m on your side. I’m not a denier as I’ve said many times. I don’t believe in censoring people who may have an alternative view though. See my comment about God.

Agree mate. Though sometimes there has to be a line. Depending on how extreme the alternative point of view is and if the promotion of it will cause harm. 

Murdoch and his merry band of editors have been actively censoring the rational view when it comes to climate change. 

• Site Supporter

Kinell, I remember the sport having an article about a London bus found on the moon, and also the ultimate guard animal- a cross between a crocodile and a Rottweiler- called a dogodile. 

I do take the point about denial but sometimes giving them a bit of air time allows for their reasonings to be proved incorrect or at least dangerous until so.

Some may chose to believe them, but most won't.

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Kinell, I remember the sport having an article about a London bus found on the moon, and also the ultimate guard animal- a cross between a crocodile and a Rottweiler- called a dogodile. 

I do take the point about denial but sometimes giving them a bit of air time allows for their reasonings to be proved incorrect or at least dangerous until so.

Some may chose to believe them, but most won't.

I  would agree if that what was happening in this case. But they are being given far too much free air time. Especially on Sky News Australia.  

Whenever folk who deny climate science or sow doubt are given airtime then they should be put up against scientists with media training. Not left to ramble on in a fancy suit for ten minutes with no challenge. 

17 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I  would agree if that what was happening in this case. But they are being given far too much free air time. Especially on Sky News Australia.  

Whenever folk who deny climate science or sow doubt are given airtime then they should be put up against scientists with media training. Not left to ramble on in a fancy suit for ten minutes with no challenge. 

It’s always good to have a proper challenging interview.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Australia has bigger issues than a few nutters. Big coal industry and generation of power iirc. Perhaps more to the situation over there. Bolty will know.

With all their sunlight, would imagine solar would be massive for them.