Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool

burnden

Talking of cup runs, Rochdale's reward for beating our Youth team and Carlisle is Manchester United away. Last visit to Old Trafford for Rochdale was in the 1986 FA Cup when amazingly enough they took dozens of notrights that had it with Man Utd on Picadilly.Another club that's shown in Manchester more recently than Leeds.True story.

9 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Talking of cup runs, Rochdale's reward for beating our Youth team and Carlisle is Manchester United away. Last visit to Old Trafford for Rochdale was in the 1986 FA Cup when amazingly enough they took dozens of notrights that had it with Man Utd on Picadilly.Another club that's shown in Manchester more recently than Leeds.True story.

Who gives a fuck!!

Edited by Mounts Kipper

44 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

As a "Bolton" fan whats your obsession with all things United??

49 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

MIB

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Please do just fuck of back to one of your DMB forums you irritable nob

Edited by Sweep

1 hour ago, bwfc2003 said:

As a "Bolton" fan whats your obsession with all things United??

I have hated Liverpool since Heysel and that inevitably means rooting for their greatest rival.My fondness for Man Utd and now Man City is rooted on a hatred of Liverpool.I really, really hate them.

Leeds are a set of flat track bullies who need to be exposed as that.I was in the Burnden Stand seats in 1983 when Leeds fans took over the stand and were right twats with the regular Bolton fans in there.They don't want to know at places  where the odds are against them.Millwall bought up a couple of hundred  tickets in the home seats at Old Trafford in the late 1980s, they had a crack.They were in the Main Stand with the old codgers as it happens and got it away with it till half time.when half the Stretford end emptied and reappeared in the Main Stand. Leeds aren't interested in shit like that at Man Utd but they'll bully Bolton.

15 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Please do just fuck of back to one of your DMB forums you irritable nob

I will be at Bolton v Bradford on Tuesday night with 3,000 others. Will you?

• The topic was pinned

Absolute shitter this being on a Monday night. 

Pisses both sets of fans off, kills the attendance, kills the atmosphere, the club will actually lose money on it and no fucker will even watch it on sky anyway bar a few bolton and Blackpool fans.

Sky are wankers and it’s complete waste of time them showing it. 

15 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Pisses both sets of fans off, kills the attendance, kills the atmosphere, the club will actually lose money on it and no fucker will even watch it on sky anyway bar a few bolton and Blackpool fans.

Exactly where I'm at.

11 hours ago, gonzo said:

This. Its ridiculous to show a league one game on a Monday night. Saturday 5pm is fine. But its a joke to be on a Monday. 

• Site Supporter
50 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

This. Its ridiculous to show a league one game on a Monday night. Saturday 5pm is fine. But its a joke to be on a Monday. 

Thing is, even a five o'clock Saturday kick off would be a pisser for the away team if it was anything but a fairly local derby or one of the Yorkshire clubs.

Imagine the travel home if Saturday's game at Portsmouth had been five o'clock.

At least most of our games at this level will be three o'clock starts. Now all we need to do is convince someone that a sub 10k crowd doesn't require an eight o'clock kick off for evening games. We all know how long it takes to get to the ground after work, we've been doing it for over 20 years.

Apparently Liam Feeney has been their best player this season, so that could be a good test for Chicksen . Fwiw I've nothing against Feeney & would have been happy to have him back when we were linked with him.

Spearing also plays for them & again i've nothing against him, but i wouldn't want to swap him for Lowe or Bridcutt.