Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Blackpool

burnden

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I’ll be going but leaving at half time due to it being on a school night. 

This is where our season will start. 

Serious question

Is that cos you need to be up early or because you have kids in tow

12 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

This. Its ridiculous to show a league one game on a Monday night. Saturday 5pm is fine. But its a joke to be on a Monday. 

There's live Premiership games all day Sunday, and tea time Saturday, and a Championship game Friday night, all on Sky (not BT) so obviously we're going to get the worst slot.  I dont like it, but a lot of clubs are a lot worse off than us, I'm happy with our 1 slot a season compared to Leeds having about 20 and Prem clubs lucky to have 2 Saturday 3pm's running.  I'm also glad nobody is saying "red button" this season for the midweek games, that's a slight boost to our home and away midweek crowds this season.

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

There's live Premiership games all day Sunday, and tea time Saturday, and a Championship game Friday night, all on Sky (not BT) so obviously we're going to get the worst slot.  I dont like it, but a lot of clubs are a lot worse off than us, I'm happy with our 1 slot a season compared to Leeds having about 20 and Prem clubs lucky to have 2 Saturday 3pm's running.  I'm also glad nobody is saying "red button" this season for the midweek games, that's a slight boost to our home and away midweek crowds this season.

Sky quite like having Prem games in the MNF slot like tonight as there’s little competition for ratings. On this occasion though I expect there’s a Premier League agreement to not play games so close to the international break so we get the shitty end of the stick. 

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I don't have Sky so I don't know the situation with the red button - is that Championship fixtures only? 

Shambles all round if we're only getting £30k as mentioned earlier. Pity as well as Blackpool are one I'd have down for bringing a good sized (lucrative) following on a Saturday 3pm. 

Either way, feeling slightly confident that this is the game where it clicks. Undoubtedly shitty weather, on telly and stacked against the odds - shades of Villa a couple of seasons ago?

Edited by TM Trotter

5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Because you have to leave with your family at half time and miss half the match because the club agreed to an 8pm kick off on a Monday night? 

I’m not blaming the club or anyone, it is what it is. 

It’d be easier not to attend and watch it on sky but it’s the first season ticket match with our seats and we meet grandparents, aunts and cousins. It’s a family meeting. 

So in short, the match gives us a reason to all see each other. Oh and of course because we are the one and only Wanderers. 😁

1 hour ago, Morizio said:

It’d be easier not to attend and watch it on sky but it’s the first season ticket match with our seats and we meet grandparents, aunts and cousins. It’s a family meeting. 

So in short, the match gives us a reason to all see each other. Oh and of course because we are the one and only Wanderers. 😁

Fair play to you. In your position I'd be more than tempted to sack it off and watch it on telly. Especially if it means avoiding family 😁

3 hours ago, Morizio said:

Hats off to you for effort

I'm only going because it's the first game I get to use my season ticket.

Otherwise, 8pm games are no from me, as it's generally gone 11 by the time we get home, so 11.30 by the time junior is in bed and that's no good on a school night.

I'll let her come Monday, but it's a one-off : otherwise only school holiday games.