Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given all that David Rubin and Co have done for ( and charged ) Bolton and Blackpool over the last few months , I reckon they should at the very least  sponsor the match ball 

Who gives a fuck!!

A draw was probably about right. Our defence was strong - i've had my doubts about Zouma but that was his best game so far & Hobbs made a couple of tremendous last gasp blocks,- & our midfield

1 hour ago, HomerJay said:

bridcutt plays deep because the centrebacks cant pass for toffee. but yes the other two midfielders were too far away from him to collect.

some of our passing was forced and not as fluid as it has been.

i thought we looked fairly solid. no real heartstopping moments.

it'll come. of that i have no doubt. I just don't think we have enough games to give ourselves a chance.

it will be intresting to see how the players perform as the chance of staying up slips away.

we need goals and quick.

Once Bridcutt went off, we lost that short option, went longer more and lost the ball more

Him coming deep is generally a good thing!

Overall thought the result was about right. 

Starting to look a lot more solid at the back - culminating in not shipping goals.  Still not sure at the other end.

Thought the left back for Blackpool was superb giving our winger little or nothing.

As pointed out, we looked fit and lively as a team for at least 75 mins, so hopefully by the time Rochdale rock up, we should nearly be there.

Can't believe our injury bad luck, but hopefully 1 or 2 will be back for next match.

Decent turnout for a Monday night live on TV.

Lowe MOM for me.

Just now, jules_darby said:

Once Bridcutt went off, we lost that short option, went longer more and lost the ball more

Him coming deep is generally a good thing!

it is.

the centre backs split, and the full backs move up.

we actually look like we are trying to play football.

34 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

it is.

the centre backs split, and the full backs move up.

we actually look like we are trying to play football.

I’m still coming to terms with us getting a throw in and the full back picking the ball up and throwing it to a centre back and us beginning an attack. 

For the last 2 and a bit years it’s been.

ball goes out

full back walks to ball.

everyone gets marked

we give ball back to opposition.

repeat

truly revolutionary the current approach

3 hours ago, Eavesy said:

I’m still coming to terms with us getting a throw in and the full back picking the ball up and throwing it to a centre back and us beginning an attack. 

ball goes out

full back walks to ball.

everyone gets marked

repeat

That is bob on. But i would say Pakinsons approach to throw-ins were revolutionary as no sane football manager had ever used that approach 😀

Edited by Mr Grey
45 minutes ago, Eavesy said:

ball goes out

full back walks to ball.

everyone gets marked

repeat

...and looking  to receives it short from the keeper

It;s fucking ace

4 hours ago, gonzo said:

Some turn out from Blackpool :(

The cunts. 

It's a sad night when Bolton are on the toes at home to Blackpool.It would never have happened when Bolton played in town, lads can't be arsed travelling over there on the offchance they turn up

15 hours ago, Okocha10 said:

Counted 7 players now we have injured who could be in the first team. Alnwick, Edwards, Jake Wright, Josh Earl, Connor Hall, Buckley & Bridcutt ffs

Edit add Joe Bunney to that 8 players 

Weir? Not on bench, not sure why.

2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

It's a sad night when Bolton are on the toes at home to Blackpool.It would never have happened when Bolton played in town, lads can't be arsed travelling over there on the offchance they turn up

There’s two cunts that have just disappeared, here’s hoping you make it a trio🤞

4 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I know you’re on a wind up half the time but this is bang on. 

Saddest night at the Reebok I can think of for all that caper last night. 

3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I know you’re on a wind up half the time but this is bang on. 

Saddest night at the Reebok I can think of for all that caper last night. 

What happened? Didn’t see anything myself although admitted not looking for it. 

5 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Do me a favour - The Tangerine turds just came to sing songs and take the piss at our demise. I wonder how many will take the piss when Bolton turn out in Blackpool.

32 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Do me a favour - The Tangerine turds just came to sing songs and take the piss at our demise. I wonder how many will take the piss when Bolton turn out in Blackpool.

Given our predicament we're likely to be encountering Blackpool again in the next few seasons. What goes around comes around. And Blackpool have seen the way that works before when it comes to Bolton Wanderers. That's why they're the way they are with us. 

11 hours ago, jmjhb said:

I reckon Bridcutt's injury, whilst terrible for us in the short-term, means we get him till the end of the season now 

Hope so.  Similarly, Verlinden's lack of consistency and failure to shine in a Sky match, means we may hold onto him beyond Jan.  We need our new decent players, and the likes of Politic and Lowe, to not be all that brilliant really, otherwise we're building a whole new team again next season because if they're too good for bottom half Div 1 they're not going to hang around in Div 2, they'll get better offers.  I'm less concerned about the striker situation, because I'm 100% confident Hillcroft will attract a couple of guaranteed Div 2 goalscorers.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Fuck all! 

....that was the problem :) 

Saw two lots of lads square up to each other outside the hotel, right in front of coppers on horses 

One lad, dunno which side, cracks one of the others

Copper on the horse shouts "what the fuck was that" and rides towards them

Then everyone moved on

• Site Supporter

I noticed that every cop outside the hotel was wearing a video camera. There's no need for immediate arrests these days. Just wait, next home game, the spotters in the glass box will be identifying the Bolton fans involved and the orange warriors will be sent in to pull them out.