Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Keith Hill

gonzo

With the new owners, Hill placed in charge and a raft of new signings in the horizon, for the first time in a good few years I’m excited about the future and where it leads us 

there’ll still be dark (maybe darker) days ahead but I gave up caring long ago about what division we are in. There is definitely life outside the PL and championship 

always seen positive views on Hill and how he goes about things so looking forward to what he and his team will give us over  however long his contract is for 

definitely right man at the right time 

Good appointment, good bloke. Used to drink in the same pub as him, though it was a good few years back. 

Track record of working with young players, limited budgets and plays decent football. 

Very experienced in this division and got Dale out of L2 twice. So ticks boxes for this season and whichever division we are in next season. 

2 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Been surprised how negatively this news has been taken by the usual twats on FB. Bit worried that he's not going to get long before the abuse starts if he doesn't get off to a flyer.

Good appointment for me.

Opposite for me. Surprised how positively it’s gone down given Nolan was clearly the fan favourite. Twitter full of positivity this morning.

1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Opposite for me. Surprised how positively it’s gone down given Nolan was clearly the fan favourite. Twitter full of positivity this morning.

That’s because Facebook is for queers and drama queens and twitter is for real men :)

25 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

It'll be interesting to see how the dynamic works out between them, Flitcroft is a manager in his own right with a good number of games under his belt and even though we are a bigger club than either of them have been near before he is still stepping down to be a number 2.

Succession planning?

1 hour ago, Blondi said:

IMO hiring Hill is a real coup for us, but also getting Flitcroft in as his no2 is impressive too, Flitcroft has a 40% win percentage in his managerial career and both of these two know the lower leagues better than anyone. 

This isn't a reflection on Flitcroft but a general point, managerial win percentages are effectively meaningless as a metric without context.

But according to Rochdale supporters, Hill was at his best for them when he had Flitcroft alongside him, so it stands us in good stead that he's joined as well.