Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton (A)

globaldiver

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Going to give The Last Heretic a go for this one, I see it recommended on Twitter a lot and it's only a short walk from the station. Anyone try it out last time?

Yeah, we had a couple of pints in there. Typical micro-brew beer really - flat as a witches tit but tastes reasonable and got some oomph to it, or at least the beers I tried did

45 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yeah, we had a couple of pints in there. Typical micro-brew beer really - flat as a witches tit but tastes reasonable and got some oomph to it, or at least the beers I tried did

With testimonials like that how can you not want to visit 😃

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Sacrilege that. Proper ale isn't supposed to be gassy as fuck.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont really do away games this season but I'm always tempted by the chance to stand at a game.  There's only 5 this season, 2 of those (Accy and Fleetwood) are a magnet for the not rights and Wimbledon and Bristol are just too far for most of us.  Burton is arguably the best of the standing games. I dont go along with the negative vibes for this in comparison to any other of our meaningless games, other than it being midweek.  Cant believe that end only holds 600.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I dont really do away games this season but I'm always tempted by the chance to stand at a game.  There's only 5 this season, 2 of those (Accy and Fleetwood) are a magnet for the not rights and Wimbledon and Bristol are just too far for most of us.  Burton is arguably the best of the standing games. I dont go along with the negative vibes for this in comparison to any other of our meaningless games, other than it being midweek.  Cant believe that end only holds 600.

Can get 1,200 on that terrace, just they didn’t bother sending the full lot just for them to be sent back unsold. 

6 hours ago, Ghana White said:

Is it sold out this or am I looking on wting bit of the official website?

Won’t be on sale online now with it being too late to post out. Ring the ticket office and get them to send the tickets down on the coach though I can’t imagine there won’t be POTD.