Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The First Thing You Ask When Family Tell You They’ve Met Someone

Breightmet Boy

My niece got married on Friday and my Brother-In-Laws speech started with her telling him she’d met someone and she liked him.  His first words were “Who does he support?”  Anyhow, the best man, who is the grooms uncle, stood up to do his speech and the first thing he asked when the groom told him about my niece was “Who does she support?”  We’ve never had a supporter of anyone else introduced into our family and I wondered if any of you lot have and taken a instant dislike to a daughters/sons partner because of who they support, or do they know better than to bring one home?   I don’t think he’d mind that much as long as she’s happy, but it does seem important at the same time.

5 hours ago, Escobarp said:

My missus grandad first thing when she told him she’d met someone was he’s no a darkie is he? Closely followed by and he better no be English 

I was seeing this girl from Stourbridge once, My Nan got wind of it so I gets the who is she..

She's called blah blah and is from the black country. Unfortunately my Nan misheard "a black country". She's a lovely woman but you should have seen her face. 

• Site Supporter

First time i met my (now wife)'s family, I went round on my 1000cc motorbike, (apparently they heard me coming down the street), bike leathers, shaved head.. beard...and Bolton shirt...

I remember the look on her dads face when i took my jacket off and was wearing a Bolton Shirt.. 

Until i nearly got kicked out of the house for dropping the "s" bomb during a conversation 😛