Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

2 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

You've more patience than me Sluffy. My God there are some dopes support BWFC. Not lived in Bolton for more than half my life and only missed a handful of home games in the last 25 years but I get increasingly depressed at the tripe I hear and read. And I can't see that there's the slightest indication of it getting better.

Eddie Davies was no better than he ought to be and Ken Anderson was the messiah was the general view expressed at what was probably the last ever AGM of Burnden Leisure. KA had made a lot of correct and essential decisions and got us through two critical years but ...

Smart people generally keep their thoughts to themselves which, I'm afraid,  makes you and I a bit daft even bothering to try to explain anything rationally.

You keeping your thoughts to yourself!! 😂🤣😂

Edited by Mounts Kipper

42 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

You've more patience than me Sluffy. My God there are some dopes support BWFC. Not lived in Bolton for more than half my life and only missed a handful of home games in the last 25 years but I get increasingly depressed at the tripe I hear and read. And I can't see that there's the slightest indication of it getting better.

Eddie Davies was no better than he ought to be and Ken Anderson was the messiah was the general view expressed at what was probably the last ever AGM of Burnden Leisure. KA had made a lot of correct and essential decisions and got us through two critical years but ...

Smart people generally keep their thoughts to themselves which, I'm afraid,  makes you and I a bit daft even bothering to try to explain anything rationally.

It wears a bit thin with me too at times Chris, I must admit, when I get such abuse from those who clearly are here to continually troll me over some perceived internet sleight often originating on another forum dating from years back.

I post what I do in an attempt to explain the best I can what is going on rather than let the wildly wrong and often misinformed twitter world version of events be taken as gospel - as sadly they are by many.

A number of people have posted kind words appreciating what I've tried to do, my biggest failing in many peoples eyes being that I go into to much depth explain things, which means my postings are lengthy (viewing on mobile phones anyway) but it's not easy explaining legal and financial intricacies in just a sentence or two - or clearly I would!

Obviously a number of people don't want to bother themselves with financial and legal aspects of running the club but without it there simply is no club to support!  Just because they don't want to read about it though shouldn't mean that no one else can talk about it though!

Fwiw I didn't start this thread about the new owners, I simply queried why someone would secure £40m worth of loans against £30m worth of assets that have literally just been bought a few days ago - is that not a reasonable thought to have had?

Cue the trolls.

Nothing to do with Anderson, nothing to do with a long and wordy post, just the usual suspects trolling me for trolling sake.

I guess I am stupid by simply not bothering to post anything anymore and just take from the site by reading it only and not give anything back in return, but I was brought up to not take without giving back and as I've explained above I try and do that by explaining stuff I believe I know a little bit about to others who may be interested.

Some people don't want to listen Chris and others just come to troll and abuse but I don't post for their benefit and it would be a sad day for those who respect your knowledge and professionalism of accountancy - and what the story it reveals is - if you decided not to post here anymore.

Don't let the haters drive you away.

Just now, Kane57 said:

I'm sure you've said the same thing three times in all that

It's what you do in public speaking, you tell the audience what you are going to say, you say it, then you tell them what you've said.

It reinforces the message you are trying to get across.

If you weren't feeling quite so clever with yourself coming up with something to reply and troll me about, then you might have got the message yourself without having it be explained to you.

Have a nice day.

2 hours ago, Gonk said:

Well for a start, more events in the premier suite, which stands empty a lot of the time.

From my time in work, I know that business has been lost to Leigh and; more recently; to Salford Rugby League's new ground. I'm talking events with 500+ attendees and I know the reason to change from Bolton to either of the other 2 is due to pricing.

Edited by Mannyroader

53 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

It's what you do in public speaking, you tell the audience what you are going to say, you say it, then you tell them what you've said.

It reinforces the message you are trying to get across.

If you weren't feeling quite so clever with yourself coming up with something to reply and troll me about, then you might have got the message yourself without having it be explained to you.

Have a nice day.

Cheers! Been great. Not over the moon about Buckley but looking forward to tomorrow all the same 

Well, I suppose it means they haven't needed to sell the stadium to raise capital. And I assume the profits from the hotel will cover the four per cent per annum interest?

Nixon (usual caveats) has tweeted some intriguing things about Sharon Brittan's "master plan". I suspect there's much more to be revealed here.

34 minutes ago, Mannyroader said:

From my time in work, I know that business has been lost to Leigh and; more recently; to Salford Rugby League's new ground. I'm talking events with 500+ attendees and I know the reason to change from Bolton to either of the other 2 is due to pricing.

Then they need to address the pricing, and the /or the service. Or put events on themselves - Get Nick to get Pink Floyd together next summer to sell the Stadium over a few nights. In fact we don't need his money just access to his contacts.

10 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Can't imagine there are £40m of assets to secure against.

Club was £24m and hotel £7.4m

I don't believe Maguire is at all correct about that.

£20m perhaps more believable I would suggest.

Seems I was right. 

Maguire 0 Sluffy 1

Amazing eh?

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Gonk said:

Then they need to address the pricing, and the /or the service. Or put events on themselves - Get Nick to get Pink Floyd together next summer to sell the Stadium over a few nights. In fact we don't need his money just access to his contacts.

You’ve more chance of The Beatles doing another gig

2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Well, I suppose it means they haven't needed to sell the stadium to raise capital. And I assume the profits from the hotel will cover the four per cent per annum interest?

Nixon (usual caveats) has tweeted some intriguing things about Sharon Brittan's "master plan". I suspect there's much more to be revealed here.

Wonder if it will link back to Gatsides masterplan from years ago.

Offices on the North Car Park etc

not perhaps the Free School for the academy lads between The Arena and The Cop Shop

3 hours ago, Sluffy said:

It wears a bit thin with me too at times Chris, I must admit, when I get such abuse from those who clearly are here to continually troll me over some perceived internet sleight often originating on another forum dating from years back.

I post what I do in an attempt to explain the best I can what is going on rather than let the wildly wrong and often misinformed twitter world version of events be taken as gospel - as sadly they are by many.

A number of people have posted kind words appreciating what I've tried to do, my biggest failing in many peoples eyes being that I go into to much depth explain things, which means my postings are lengthy (viewing on mobile phones anyway) but it's not easy explaining legal and financial intricacies in just a sentence or two - or clearly I would!

Obviously a number of people don't want to bother themselves with financial and legal aspects of running the club but without it there simply is no club to support!  Just because they don't want to read about it though shouldn't mean that no one else can talk about it though!

Fwiw I didn't start this thread about the new owners, I simply queried why someone would secure £40m worth of loans against £30m worth of assets that have literally just been bought a few days ago - is that not a reasonable thought to have had?

Cue the trolls.

Nothing to do with Anderson, nothing to do with a long and wordy post, just the usual suspects trolling me for trolling sake.

I guess I am stupid by simply not bothering to post anything anymore and just take from the site by reading it only and not give anything back in return, but I was brought up to not take without giving back and as I've explained above I try and do that by explaining stuff I believe I know a little bit about to others who may be interested.

Some people don't want to listen Chris and others just come to troll and abuse but I don't post for their benefit and it would be a sad day for those who respect your knowledge and professionalism of accountancy - and what the story it reveals is - if you decided not to post here anymore.

Don't let the haters drive you away.

I think you would both benefit by reading up on the difference between critics and trolls, and how to deal with both.

9 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

I think you would both benefit by reading up on the difference between critics and trolls, and how to deal with both.

Thank you but I don't need advice from someone whose gone through their own posting history and deleted a substantial amount of their own posts!

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Thank you but I don't need advice from someone whose gone through their own posting history and deleted a substantial amount of their own posts!

It's not possible to delete posts on this forum. 

Edit: Ah, you mean he's editted them. Fair enough. 

Edited by Cheese

He has a bit of a point 

The situation with ourselves and Bury has been a joke really, I can’t recall anything like it in the league before, perhaps I wasn’t looking close enough when Luton, Pompey etc went through it all 

It feels like more are going to go the same way sooner or later, the EFL need to step in and set some rules / guidelines up should it happen again 

If your not ready to start the season (financially), then you probably shouldn’t be doing so, we’ve got through by the skin of our teeth but I imagine that things will change 

11 hours ago, Cheese said:

It's not possible to delete posts on this forum. 

Edit: Ah, you mean he's editted them. Fair enough. 

that's right,  and the reason for that was something that happened to me on social media (not BWFC related in any way). Had to delete my facebook, linkedin, and original twitter id - and it worked, plus I've got more time to read WW now😉