Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

Moving on from what and to where?

What exactly is your problem with us?

I'm sure Custard is as delighted as I am that the club has survived, we've probably got well over one hundred years of supporting it between the two of us (can you get anywhere near that - thought not...) and want like everyone else does, the best for our future.

Maybe your issue is that we both prefer to stick to the detail rather than follow the lynch mob hysteria stoked by the likes of the ST (who did eventually retweet the clubs tribute to Eddie yesterday) and Iles who didn't (and hasn't done so since either).  As an aside did anybody else note that Radio Manchester was clearly present at Sharon's presentation yet Iles seems to have not been and further more he's since retweeted Radio Manchester soundbite from the presentation yet nothing from the clubs full video of it?

(I also note he's not even bothered with producing an article from his bizarrely timed twitter attack on Eddie yesterday, being the first anniversary of his death.  If his tweet wasn't to gain comments for an article then for what other reason would he have done so? - I'll leave you to answer that yourselves).  

Do you think his previous disparaging tweets against FV's ability to complete the take over and his call for them to stand aside and let others complete instead might have gone unnoticed by the new club owners?  What a wonderful achievement by him to build such a quick rapport with them - albeit an extremely negative one apparently!  

Custard and I look forward to the new regime and welcome Sharon's stated intent to invest her wealth into the club.  We both wish for better times for all both on and off the pitch - and I'm sure it will be too - but we also will continue to follow the clubs financial progress in the accounts in order to sort the wheat out from the chaff.

That's just what we do.

We find it much preferable and certainly vastly more accurate than following the haters on Twitter and Facebook.

How in us continuing doing that is some sort of a problem to you?

Iles was the first to interview, and publish, a meeting with FV after the takeover, which was nothing other than positive.

Whilst I'm no great fan of Iles, but to invent a new fiction of him being frozen out by FV is a new low, even for yourself.

10 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I don't have to, I know what you said.

You on the other hand were too dumb to understand what it implied.

Cas had to explain it to you!

Maybe Cas might be good enough to explain to you about comparison's and what they imply.

To save him a job though my point was if you've loved the club for 30 or 40 years and lost it then how do you think that would feel for people like Custard and I who have followed it for 20 or even 30 years even longer???

Did I really need to have to spell that out to you?

To be honest, it would probably affect us more, as it will change the number of games we will actually go to.

And thats not a pop, but to suggest someone is a better fan, because they are older ? really ?

Just now, ZiggyStardust said:

To be honest, it would probably affect us more, as it will change the number of games we will actually go to.

And thats not a pop, but to suggest someone is a better fan, because they are older ? really ?

Eh?

I'll say again - I never suggested anything about being a better fan???

I suggest that if and when you get to my age you will find that it's much harder to adapt to change than if you were say half my age and had other things to keep you occupied such as raising a family of pursuing your career.

Loss is harder to take the older you get believe me - or don't - but it is true nevertheless.

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

Moving on from what and to where? I actually meant from over analysing the past  

What exactly is your problem with us?

you are tedious arrogant and boring 

I'm sure Custard is as delighted as I am that the club has survived, we've probably got well over one hundred years of supporting it between the two of us (can you get anywhere near that - thought not...) and want like everyone else does, the best for our future. Yes I can assume you will apologise for that one ? 

Maybe your issue is that we both prefer to stick to the detail rather than follow the lynch mob hysteria stoked by the likes of the ST (who did eventually retweet the clubs tribute to Eddie yesterday) and Iles who didn't (and hasn't done so since either).  As an aside did anybody else note that Radio Manchester was clearly present at Sharon's presentation yet Iles seems to have not been and further more he's since retweeted Radio Manchester soundbite from the presentation yet nothing from the clubs full video of it? No it is that you are tedious and boring  

(I also note he's not even bothered with producing an article from his bizarrely timed twitter attack on Eddie yesterday, being the first anniversary of his death.  If his tweet wasn't to gain comments for an article then for what other reason would he have done so? - I'll leave you to answer that yourselves).  Iles has never been my favourite but as I do not live in Bolton do not read the paper. Part of moving on and developing the club is giving people a chance  

Do you think his previous disparaging tweets against FV's ability to complete the take over and his call for them to stand aside and let others complete instead might have gone unnoticed by the new club owners?  What a wonderful achievement by him to build such a quick rapport with them - albeit an extremely negative one apparently!  You are speculating  

Custard and I look forward to the new regime and welcome Sharon's stated intent to invest her wealth into the club.  We both wish for better times for all both on and off the pitch - and I'm sure it will be too - but we also will continue to follow the clubs financial progress in the accounts in order to sort the wheat out from the chaff.

That's just what we do.

We find it much preferable and certainly vastly more accurate than following the haters on Twitter and Facebook.

How in us continuing doing that is some sort of a problem to you? Do what you want but why not leave it on your site where people can find it if they want to ? Rather than dragging this site down to the level of your own ?

In summary tedious arrogant and boring. 

10 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Iles was the first to interview, and publish, a meeting with FV after the takeover, which was nothing other than positive.

Whilst I'm no great fan of Iles, but to invent a new fiction of him being frozen out by FV is a new low, even for yourself.

The first interview to which you refer was a presentation to everyone following the take over, not exclusive to Iles.

It was a positive presentation, so how would he not report it as such, seeing everyone else was there listening to it also?

Time will tell how much if at all he's frozen out by FV  but he certainly wasn't present today that's for certain and his boss attended instead - and how often does that happen?

And if this is a new low for me, then I'll accept it, it's certainly nothing compared to the abuse and trolling I've had off here from others!

34 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I don't have to, I know what you said.

You on the other hand were too dumb to understand what it implied.

Cas had to explain it to you!

Maybe Cas might be good enough to explain to you about comparison's and what they imply.

To save him a job though my point was if you've loved the club for 30 or 40 years and lost it then how do you think that would feel for people like Custard and I who have followed it for 20 or even 30 years even longer???

Did I really need to have to spell that out to you?

I know exactly what I says so as your memory seems to have deserted you here it is.

Mounts Kipper replied to Kane57's topic in Terrace Talk

I hate ken Anderson that muchI’dprefer us to liquidate and start again in level 20 if it meant that greasy plastic faced sad excuse for a human being got fuck all out of it. And by the way I think it’ll end withliquidation, Anderson wanted

nothing to do with not wanting FV to take over and everything to do with me hating KA.  I’ll leave it there you silly old cunt. 
Edited by Mounts Kipper

6 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

The first interview to which you refer was a presentation to everyone following the take over, not exclusive to Iles.

It was a positive presentation, so how would he not report it as such, seeing everyone else was there listening to it also?

Time will tell how much if at all he's frozen out by FV  but he certainly wasn't present today that's for certain and his boss attended instead - and how often does that happen?

And if this is a new low for me, then I'll accept it, it's certainly nothing compared to the abuse and trolling I've had off here from others!

It was an exclusive. For the Bolton news. And Iles did it. They did separate interviews for other outlets later on. 

1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I know exactly what I says so as your memory seems to have deserted you here it is.

Mounts Kipper replied to Kane57's topic in Terrace Talk

I hate ken Anderson that muchI’dprefer us to liquidate and start again in level 20 if it meant that greasy plastic faced sad excuse for a human being got fuck all out of it. And by the way I think it’ll end withliquidation, Anderson wanted

nothing to do with not wanting FV to take over and everything to do with me being KA.  I’ll leave it there you silly old cunt. 

If you got your wish the club would no longer exist.

FV, Bassini, or even Father Christmas couldn't take it over, with it no longer being in existence!

You've said/implied you'd rather the club go out of business rather than FV or anyone else take it on.

Don't you understand that?

1 minute ago, Sluffy said:

If you got your wish the club would no longer exist.

FV, Bassini, or even Father Christmas couldn't take it over, with it no longer being in existence!

You've said/implied you'd rather the club go out of business rather than FV or anyone else take it on.

Don't you understand that?

Oh right you now know what I implied when I said nothing of the sort,

I never mentioned FV and I never said I wanted us to go into liquidation. 

read the post you dim wit and stop making things up. 

28 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Loss is harder to take the older you get believe me - or don't - but it is true nevertheless.

Very true that Sluffy!

Now that we are all feeling so much more positive about the the future can we stop all this bickering and concentrate our minds on how we are going to claw back the huge points deficit please?

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Oh right you now know what I implied when I said nothing of the sort,

I never mentioned FV and I never said I wanted us to go into liquidation. 

read the post you dim wit and stop making things up. 

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I hate ken Anderson that much I’d prefer us to liquidate and start again in level 20 if it meant that greasy plastic faced sad excuse for a human being got fuck all out of it. And by the way I think it’ll end with liquidation, Anderson wanted

Read it yourself!

You would prefer us to liquidate and start again - your words not mine.

You even stated that you believed liquidation would happen.

Liquidation would mean no FV.

I've made nothing up.

27 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

It was an exclusive. For the Bolton news. And Iles did it. They did separate interviews for other outlets later on. 

It wasn't though.

The first article written by Iles was as I had said, was from Sharon's speech to all the staff and press on her first day at the club -

"No sooner had Sharon Brittan and her Football Ventures consortium stepped out of the car and into the stadium, staff were being embraced like long-lost friends.

A gathering was called in the hotel’s Reflections Bar for every single member of staff, and best of all the club’s new owners had brought cakes.

There had been no speeches planned from Manchester-born Brittan, nor those who flanked her – the lifelong Wanderers fan, Michael James, or the club’s new CEO Emma Beaugeard, but nevertheless the situation demanded an address. And judging by the rapturous ovation, it hit the spot".

Full article here -

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17869534.exclusive-bolton-wanderers-new-owners-discuss-plans/

I'd be grateful if you could link me to this exclusive given to Iles which you mention and links to the other exclusives she give to other outlets.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Read it yourself!

You would prefer us to liquidate and start again - your words not mine.

You even stated that you believed liquidation would happen.

Liquidation would mean no FV.

I've made nothing up.

You original point said I preferred us to liquidate rather than FV buy us, that’s incorrect. I’ll leave it there. 

Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

You original point said I preferred us to liquidate rather than FV buy us, that’s incorrect. I’ll leave it there. 

You can leave it wherever you want, it still doesn't change the fact that you stated you preferred liquidation and start at level 20, which would mean nothing for FV to buy.

As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for...!

• Site Supporter

Sluffy 

For your own sake and ours - and I speak as someone who has absolutely no problem with you and your input at all - just draw a line under the past and start from scratch.

Youre going round in circles and being picked off just to relieve boredom at times.

Its day one. Ground Zero. Genesis.

look forward, not back. It’s unhealthy.

Join the party lad

21 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

It wasn't though.

The first article written by Iles was as I had said, was from Sharon's speech to all the staff and press on her first day at the club -

"No sooner had Sharon Brittan and her Football Ventures consortium stepped out of the car and into the stadium, staff were being embraced like long-lost friends.

A gathering was called in the hotel’s Reflections Bar for every single member of staff, and best of all the club’s new owners had brought cakes.

There had been no speeches planned from Manchester-born Brittan, nor those who flanked her – the lifelong Wanderers fan, Michael James, or the club’s new CEO Emma Beaugeard, but nevertheless the situation demanded an address. And judging by the rapturous ovation, it hit the spot".

Full article here -

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17869534.exclusive-bolton-wanderers-new-owners-discuss-plans/

I'd be grateful if you could link me to this exclusive given to Iles which you mention and links to the other exclusives she give to other outlets.

Thank you.

Shame you didn’t note the exclusive tag nor the fact that the interview was not from the speech to staff. As noted in the article itself...

‘But the early signs are that locals will warm quickly to the new chair of the board, who gave her first interview to The Bolton News just 24 hours after the long-awaited takeover was announced.’

The quotes Sharon provided were the exclusive. The staff meeting was not open to the press. 

19 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Shame you didn’t note the exclusive tag nor the fact that the interview was not from the speech to staff. As noted in the article itself...

‘But the early signs are that locals will warm quickly to the new chair of the board, who gave her first interview to The Bolton News just 24 hours after the long-awaited takeover was announced.’

The quotes Sharon provided were the exclusive. The staff meeting was not open to the press. 

Yes shame on me believing what I read in the papers.

Anyway I look forward to you linking me to the other exclusive interviews to other news medias as you mentioned earlier.

Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Spider said:

Sluffy 

For your own sake and ours - and I speak as someone who has absolutely no problem with you and your input at all - just draw a line under the past and start from scratch.

Youre going round in circles and being picked off just to relieve boredom at times.

Its day one. Ground Zero. Genesis.

look forward, not back. It’s unhealthy.

Join the party lad

Thanks.

I'm very happy with the new owners and I don't live in the past but clearly others on here do.

I'm as surprised as you to be told out of the blue to 'move on' and simply enquired from what and to where - indeed my only contribution prior to that was posting up the Radio Manchester sound bite tweet - how could that possibly have triggered anything off?

However that in turn brought out the usual suspects and that's resulted in the normal shite.

I don't know where you or anyone else seem to think I'm not looking forward - of course I am, isn't everyone?

I'm not that stupid as to not know that some folks are trolling deliberately for a reaction but it's also clear that one or two seem to be obsessed with anything I post - and in tonight's case - obsessed even when I haven't posted - which kicked off tonight's 'fun'.

As it happens I've commitments that won't allow me too much free time coming up, so although that won't start for a few weeks yet maybe now is a good time to withdraw from posting on here and letting you get by without me.

I'm sure you will all manage just fine, although the sites word count may drop considerably though.

So thank you to anyone who may have enjoyed my postings and to everyone else, I'm sorry that words on a page seems to have offended you so much?

Unless I'm culled or something I intend to return to posting nearer Christmas time but for now au revoir.

Have a happy Autumn to all!

10 minutes ago, Ani said:

That is what I tried to say. It is all about the positive future. 

Yes I'm sure that's exactly what you meant to say when you said this earlier...

2 hours ago, Ani said:

In summary tedious arrogant and boring. 

Anyway adios amigo.

5 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Yes I'm sure that's exactly what you meant to say when you said this earlier...

Anyway adios amigo.

My first post said exactly that it was a direct quote. 

You then wrote your long reply which did not simply ask ‘where and why’.