Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

5 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Moving on from what and to where?

What exactly is your problem with us?

I'm sure Custard is as delighted as I am that the club has survived, we've probably got well over one hundred years of supporting it between the two of us (can you get anywhere near that - thought not...) and want like everyone else does, the best for our future.

Maybe your issue is that we both prefer to stick to the detail rather than follow the lynch mob hysteria stoked by the likes of the ST (who did eventually retweet the clubs tribute to Eddie yesterday) and Iles who didn't (and hasn't done so since either).  As an aside did anybody else note that Radio Manchester was clearly present at Sharon's presentation yet Iles seems to have not been and further more he's since retweeted Radio Manchester soundbite from the presentation yet nothing from the clubs full video of it?

(I also note he's not even bothered with producing an article from his bizarrely timed twitter attack on Eddie yesterday, being the first anniversary of his death.  If his tweet wasn't to gain comments for an article then for what other reason would he have done so? - I'll leave you to answer that yourselves).  

Do you think his previous disparaging tweets against FV's ability to complete the take over and his call for them to stand aside and let others complete instead might have gone unnoticed by the new club owners?  What a wonderful achievement by him to build such a quick rapport with them - albeit an extremely negative one apparently!  

Custard and I look forward to the new regime and welcome Sharon's stated intent to invest her wealth into the club.  We both wish for better times for all both on and off the pitch - and I'm sure it will be too - but we also will continue to follow the clubs financial progress in the accounts in order to sort the wheat out from the chaff.

That's just what we do.

We find it much preferable and certainly vastly more accurate than following the haters on Twitter and Facebook.

How in us continuing doing that is some sort of a problem to you?

"We stick to the detail"

*400 words of baseless speculation, proven within minutes to be total bollocks*

Edited by Tombwfc

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

Thanks.

I'm very happy with the new owners and I don't live in the past but clearly others on here do.

I'm as surprised as you to be told out of the blue to 'move on' and simply enquired from what and to where - indeed my only contribution prior to that was posting up the Radio Manchester sound bite tweet - how could that possibly have triggered anything off?

However that in turn brought out the usual suspects and that's resulted in the normal shite.

I don't know where you or anyone else seem to think I'm not looking forward - of course I am, isn't everyone?

I'm not that stupid as to not know that some folks are trolling deliberately for a reaction but it's also clear that one or two seem to be obsessed with anything I post - and in tonight's case - obsessed even when I haven't posted - which kicked off tonight's 'fun'.

As it happens I've commitments that won't allow me too much free time coming up, so although that won't start for a few weeks yet maybe now is a good time to withdraw from posting on here and letting you get by without me.

I'm sure you will all manage just fine, although the sites word count may drop considerably though.

So thank you to anyone who may have enjoyed my postings and to everyone else, I'm sorry that words on a page seems to have offended you so much?

Unless I'm culled or something I intend to return to posting nearer Christmas time but for now au revoir.

Have a happy Autumn to all!

Thank fuck for that 

Sharon certainly talks the talk, but  beyond sentimentalised, vague and abstract concepts can anyone truly say what the business model is? I heard her say she was going to put her own money in but does she intend to get a return and how and when? Without wishing to pee all over anybody's fireworks, I do think it is really important for the supporters and employees to know more of the detail. Time will tell, I suppose.

• Members

The only thing which is important at the moment is unwavering support as evidenced by season ticket sales since the takeover.

Barring a Hill inspired miracle (here's hoping!) we are likely to go down simply because of the excess lead the EFL have placed in our saddle. For once, this should not depress us if it happens. It should strengthen our resolve to get right behind them and get our great club back to where we truly belong (IMO in these economic times, the upper echelons of The Championship).

Everything about this takeover (apart from the drawn out negotiations thanks to the slimeball who no longer has anything to do with us) has impressed me. The eloquent and heartfelt statements by the new owners, the appointment of lads who know and understand what this club means to the town and the fantastic away support shown by you lot.

We wouldn't die in the '80's and have bounced back once more. Onwards and upwards.

2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

I kind of get what your saying but my overall feeling is.. it’s quite frankly non of our business 

yes I get the uncertainty, the uneasy feeling that uncertainty brings, the mis trust etc and the fact that we are all scarred from what’s gone on over the last few years 

clearly they will have a business plan. Will it make us sleep any better at night if we all know what that is? I don’t think it particularly will 

but what will is the peace of mind that the current custodians of the club are open and honest, put the fans and the community at the centre of any decisions they make. Don’t put the club at risk by playing financial roulette. Pay creditors on time and stabilise our football club. If we are out of the headlines for non football related issues they will be doing those things. How they get there? I couldn’t care less 

I’m there to back the club on the footballing side of things and that’s all I want to do moving forward. 

Perfect response - good attitude to have.. 👍🏼

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, barrycowdrill said:

I kind of get what your saying but my overall feeling is.. it’s quite frankly non of our business 

yes I get the uncertainty, the uneasy feeling that uncertainty brings, the mis trust etc and the fact that we are all scarred from what’s gone on over the last few years 

clearly they will have a business plan. Will it make us sleep any better at night if we all know what that is? I don’t think it particularly will 

but what will is the peace of mind that the current custodians of the club are open and honest, put the fans and the community at the centre of any decisions they make. Don’t put the club at risk by playing financial roulette. Pay creditors on time and stabilise our football club. If we are out of the headlines for non football related issues they will be doing those things. How they get there? I couldn’t care less 

I’m there to back the club on the footballing side of things and that’s all I want to do moving forward. 

this with bells on.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

Sharon certainly talks the talk, but  beyond sentimentalised, vague and abstract concepts can anyone truly say what the business model is? I heard her say she was going to put her own money in but does she intend to get a return and how and when? Without wishing to pee all over anybody's fireworks, I do think it is really important for the supporters and employees to know more of the detail. Time will tell, I suppose.

No, can't agree.

If there was some hidden, Machiavellian intent, they wouldn't share that anyway.

The details of their finances aren't really our business. Those of the club perhaps are, and we'll be able to make a judgement in time as to the effectiveness of the management team.

But for now, a full detailed plan isn't necessary, and frankly could be unhelpful in future dealings: why tell someone how much money you might have prior to potentially bidding for a player for example.

She's made her statement, explained a bit about her colleagues (very positive about the CEO), and yes much was fairly vague, but that's fine for now.

The CUNT with crabs never filled anyone with such a sense of positivity. At best "well at least he's our cunt".

She/they are doing just fine.

7000 folk in a couple of days seem to agree.

23 hours ago, Sluffy said:

As it happens I've commitments that won't allow me too much free time coming up, so although that won't start for a few weeks yet maybe now is a good time to withdraw from posting on here and letting you get by without me.

Must

Resist

On 13/09/2019 at 09:50, barrycowdrill said:

He’s right ya know 

Thank you all indeed for your kind words and best wishes.

Part of growing old is to come to terms with mortality.

I intend to be around for many years yet and will be back and posting on here when things have resolved themselves a little clearer for me.

I will still view the site and chip in to help on Nuts over the forthcoming months but I wont have the time I had for a while to come to make and post all those supposition's I apparently had based on no more than Googling searches and Company House records nor my so called obsession on our local papers most esteemed journalist and his best buddies the ST.

I am sure the people who complained about their thumb aching due to swiping over my lengthy posts on their smart phones nor my camp following trolls will miss me at all but I'm sure they won't let their ignorance or hatred go to waste and find someone else to focus their bile upon.

Let's end on a positive and look forward to the new dawn of FV financially stabilising the club and leading us forward (and upwards hopefully!) from now on, at least that's something we should all be agreeing about.

Again thank you to all for your kind comments and au revoir from me for now.