Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

8 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Thank you all indeed for your kind words and best wishes.

Part of growing old is to come to terms with mortality.

I intend to be around for many years yet and will be back and posting on here when things have resolved themselves a little clearer for me.

I will still view the site and chip in to help on Nuts over the forthcoming months but I wont have the time I had for a while to come to make and post all those supposition's I apparently had based on no more than Googling searches and Company House records nor my so called obsession on our local papers most esteemed journalist and his best buddies the ST.

I am sure the people who complained about their thumb aching due to swiping over my lengthy posts on their smart phones nor my camp following trolls will miss me at all but I'm sure they won't let their ignorance or hatred go to waste and find someone else to focus their bile upon.

Let's end on a positive and look forward to the new dawn of FV financially stabilising the club and leading us forward (and upwards hopefully!) from now on, at least that's something we should all be agreeing about.

Again thank you to all for your kind comments and au revoir from me for now.

See you, pal

Hope we hear from you soon

1 hour ago, Sluffy said:

Thank you all indeed for your kind words and best wishes.

Part of growing old is to come to terms with mortality.

I intend to be around for many years yet and will be back and posting on here when things have resolved themselves a little clearer for me.

I will still view the site and chip in to help on Nuts over the forthcoming months but I wont have the time I had for a while to come to make and post all those supposition's I apparently had based on no more than Googling searches and Company House records nor my so called obsession on our local papers most esteemed journalist and his best buddies the ST.

I am sure the people who complained about their thumb aching due to swiping over my lengthy posts on their smart phones nor my camp following trolls will miss me at all but I'm sure they won't let their ignorance or hatred go to waste and find someone else to focus their bile upon.

Let's end on a positive and look forward to the new dawn of FV financially stabilising the club and leading us forward (and upwards hopefully!) from now on, at least that's something we should all be agreeing about.

Again thank you to all for your kind comments and au revoir from me for now.

Sorry to hear about this Sluffy. Good luck with the chemo and hopefully you'll be back to your cantankerous self ere long.

Sluffy - you aren't the the prime obsessive with Iles. You just get lumped in with Custard because you have a similar outlook. Your styles have similarities too, though you aren't condescending like him. 

In terms of folk commenting on your word count, any comnents I have made on it are a direct response to you complaining that you have to repeat yourself and my belief that you would get your points over to a bigger audience if you cut it down. 

Benny, Escobarp, Biggish and Eddie discuss finance concepts more succinctly and are well received. Any criticism from me, and probably many others is intended to be constructive. 

Hope everything goes okay and hope to see you on here discussing football on here rather than finances, not because of your style, but because football is the real reason we are all here.

Get well soon fellow Wanderer. 

Edited by RoadRunnerFan

10 hours ago, RoadRunnerFan said:

Sluffy - you aren't the the prime obsessive with Iles. You just get lumped in with Custard because you have a similar outlook. Your styles have similarities too, though you aren't condescending like him. 

In terms of folk commenting on your word count, any comnents I have made on it are a direct response to you complaining that you have to repeat yourself and my belief that you would get your points over to a bigger audience if you cut it down. 

Benny, Escobarp, Biggish and Eddie discuss finance concepts more succinctly and are well received. Any criticism from me, and probably many others is intended to be constructive. 

Hope everything goes okay and hope to see you on here discussing football on here rather than finances, not because of your style, but because football is the real reason we are all here.

Get well soon fellow Wanderer. 

I don't share George Bower's views on many things but it is true that I once described WW as being like a car boot sale. Most of what you see is worthless tat but occasionally you come across something interesting. (In case you don't remember, GB used a four-letter word instead of my three.)

It is possible that I may have missed some hidden gem but  I honestly cannot  say that I recall ever seeing anything on your's or Biggish Dave's tabletop  that have been worth a second glance.

But never say die, you or he could try explaining the 'FV ownership model' to us all (in words and figures, of course).

Edited by Chris Custodiet

• Site Supporter
48 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I don't share George Bower's views on many things but it is true that I once described WW as being like a car boot sale. Most of what you see is worthless tat but occasionally you come across something interesting. (In case you don't remember, GB used a four-letter word instead of my three.)

It is possible that I may have missed some hidden gem but  I honestly cannot  say that I recall ever seeing anything on your's or Biggish Dave's tabletop  that have been worth a second glance.

But never say die, you or he could try explaining the 'FV ownership model' to us all (in words and figures, of course).

Why do you keep coming on then?

The likes of Biggish have a life beyond work, and perhaps just enjoy a bit of banter and a beer. Don't need to present in depth analyses of things, as maybe they're not that arsed.

Find another place that's more in tune to your sensitivities.

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The likes of Biggish have a life beyond work, and perhaps just enjoy a bit of banter and a beer. Don't need to present in depth analyses of things, as maybe they're not that arsed.

Sorry pal but I can't say that I recall seeing much of interest on your tabletop either. But I have noted contributions of interest from others on this topic.

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Custard is a simpleton - a wise man once told me 'you can't argue with an idiot'. He's been proven right many times.

On 13/09/2019 at 03:35, Mannyroader said:

Sharon certainly talks the talk, but  beyond sentimentalised, vague and abstract concepts can anyone truly say what the business model is? I heard her say she was going to put her own money in but does she intend to get a return and how and when? Without wishing to pee all over anybody's fireworks, I do think it is really important for the supporters and employees to know more of the detail. Time will tell, I suppose.

I think yours is one of the more interesting comments on the FV Ownership Model but if you are a BWFC shareholder, season ticket holder, or Lifeline member its none of your business according to the WW consensus.

Anyway the truth is that Michael and Sharon both own less than 25% of the 1.75m paid up share capital which might just about cover the administrators' fees and Ken's 240K for God knows what. The rest is borrowed money that with good luck and a following wind might just about keep the wolf from the door for the next couple of years. I'm sure there'll be a plan beyond that. Let's hope its a good un.

11 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I think yours is one of the more interesting comments on the FV Ownership Model but if you are a BWFC shareholder, season ticket holder, or Lifeline member its none of your business according to the WW consensus.

Anyway the truth is that Michael and Sharon both own less than 25% of the 1.75m paid up share capital which might just about cover the administrators' fees and Ken's 240K for God knows what. The rest is borrowed money that with good luck and a following wind might just about keep the wolf from the door for the next couple of years. I'm sure there'll be a plan beyond that. Let's hope its a good un.

I'm not as sceptical as you are, but I'd be interested to know what the plan beyond the initial three-year plan is as well.

• Site Supporter
58 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I'm not as sceptical as you are, but I'd be interested to know what the plan beyond the initial three-year plan is as well.

Publishing a detailed 3 year plan would be ridiculous. Theoretically, we could be in the Premier League in 3 years, or we could be in the Conference North. 

19 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Publishing a detailed 3 year plan would be ridiculous. Theoretically, we could be in the Premier League in 3 years, or we could be in the Conference North. 

That's not what I meant. We've been told the three-year plan is fully funded, but I was referring to what would happen after that initial period. Will there be a commitment to continue funding the club after that?

I suspect the answer is yes, but I would be interested to know.

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I notice that the club announced this morning that ticket prices for the remainder of the season will remain £20 for adults and £10 for concessions, meaning an end to match category pricing. Another good decision made by FV.

they obviously feel they need to do everything possible to keep fans onside and make them turn up.

big crowds means FV will have to find less capital over the coming years.