Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

54 minutes ago, tomski said:

Ken and his bum chins nearly sapped the life out of me and my love for BWFC.

I used to be ultra positive about BW and it’s coming back big time so I will by pass the worries.

I can already tell FV are cut from a different cloth than Ken and I’ve confidence they will do their best for The wanderers unlike the last tit.

After this post I’m concentrating on football. Good luck with your findings but you may enjoy it more by getting back to on pitch activity

Thank you but I enjoy the complete package of Bolton Wanderers and that includes the financial aspects.

I'm pleased for you and everybody else who are happy to concentrate solely about on the pitch activities and not wonder why we have £40m available to be invested in a club probably heading for the fourth tier next season, and which is due for repayment the season after that.

It's not going to go away however, so something big is definitely in the wind.

Aren't you in the least bit curious as to what it might be, I know I am?

I'm sorry though if I, Custard and a few others of us, by having an interest and curiosity in such things - and you not - seems to annoy you in someway?

It certainly isn't meant to.

22 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Thank you but I enjoy the complete package of Bolton Wanderers and that includes the financial aspects.

I'm pleased for you and everybody else who are happy to concentrate solely about on the pitch activities and not wonder why we have £40m available to be invested in a club probably heading for the fourth tier next season, and which is due for repayment the season after that.

It's not going to go away however, so something big is definitely in the wind.

Aren't you in the least bit curious as to what it might be, I know I am?

I'm sorry though if I, Custard and a few others of us, by having an interest and curiosity in such things - and you not - seems to annoy you in someway?

It certainly isn't meant to.

Has anyone ever told you that you are a condescending twat? 

If Someone wants to get erect over what the financial situation will be in two years time and wait patiently until that day arrives then that’s up to them

I’m more excited about the stuff I can see today. And that’s the 2nd half at Pompey and the improved Performances and football over the last 10 days or so 

It takes all sorts as they say. No matter how odd the ball   

6 hours ago, Sluffy said:

So I do indeed think my speculation is totally proved to be reasoned as FV certainly are not able to repay £20m plus from playing three years in the bottom tiers of the league, that it would appear that people obviously do know what FV are planning (they would not put up the money if they didn't) and FV have obviously let some of the plan be known if the least sharpest newshound, Iles from the Bolton News kennel, is already on the scent of it!

Apart from that have a nice day.

Anything could happen. If we are pushing for promotion to the championship in 3 years time I'm sure FV plans will be different than if we are in the conference. They might sell the hotel, another benefactor may step in, we may go bust, we may stay up this season, might be in the conference in 2 years, might have an amazing cup run, could sell some academy players for multi millions, the championship could breakaway from the FL and join the Prem, further reducing cash for FL clubs. We may cease to exist or be back in the prem within 5 years. All of these are concievable. 

6 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Absolutely delighted they’ve got 40 million to take the club forward, they obviously have a plan and it seems obvious to me the money will be used on the football and non football side, it’s exciting times and like Tomski my enthusiasm is back. 

Agreed, they look like decent people. I'm sure they'll do their best.

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

Anything could happen. If we are pushing for promotion to the championship in 3 years time I'm sure FV plans will be different than if we are in the conference. They might sell the hotel, another benefactor may step in, we may go bust, we may stay up this season, might be in the conference in 2 years, might have an amazing cup run, could sell some academy players for multi millions, the championship could breakaway from the FL and join the Prem, further reducing cash for FL clubs. We may cease to exist or be back in the prem within 5 years. All of these are concievable. 

Are you for real?

I'm sure someone has not randomly stuck in £40m without a plan to at least safeguard their investment and get a return on it.

That certainly won't be on the off chance that we make £20m plus back on the playing side inside three years.

As for your list of conceivability's, it's also conceivable that Lord Lucan will be winning next years Grand National on Shergar but that certainly doesn't mean it will be happening.

Have a nice day down at the Bolton Futsal Club

9 hours ago, Sluffy said:

Are you for real?

I'm sure someone has not randomly stuck in £40m without a plan to at least safeguard their investment and get a return on it.

That certainly won't be on the off chance that we make £20m plus back on the playing side inside three years.

As for your list of conceivability's, it's also conceivable that Lord Lucan will be winning next years Grand National on Shergar but that certainly doesn't mean it will be happening.

Have a nice day down at the Bolton Futsal Club

If FV have got £40m, how come EDT are having to wait two years for £5m, only half of their £10m secured debt (according to Rubins)?

Without in any way casting doubt on FV's  best intentions, there's something not adding up here? I appreciate that there are many who don't give a monkeys but how much are the unsecured creditors now going to get?

2 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

If FV have got £40m, how come EDT are having to wait two years for £5m, only half of their £10m secured debt (according to Rubins)?

Without in any way casting doubt on FV's  best intentions, there's something not adding up here? I appreciate that there are many who don't give a monkeys but how much are the unsecured creditors now going to get?

The EFL require unsecured creditors to be paid either 25 pence in the pound on transfer of share or 35 pence in the pound over three years. I think it was reported we'd agreed the second option but I can't remember where.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine

15 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

The EFL require unsecured creditors to be paid either 25 pence in the pound on transfer of share or 35 pence in the pound over three years. I think it was reported we'd agreed the second option but I can't remember where.

I think you have missed my point. If FV have pots of money and £ms less is being paid to secured creditors there should be no need for the secured creditors to have to wait two years and the unsecured creditors should be getting quite a bit more than 35p in the £.

18 minutes ago, Chris Custodiet said:

I think you have missed my point. If FV have pots of money and £ms less is being paid to secured creditors there should be no need for the secured creditors to have to wait two years and the unsecured creditors should be getting quite a bit more than 35p in the £.

I understood the point you were making. I just thought you were also looking for clarification on the agreement with unsecured creditors. In that regard, I assumed the EFL's guidelines might assist.

4 hours ago, Chris Custodiet said:

My thoughts on this Chris is that the £40m is the funding stream to be drawn from, similarly how Moonshift was the line of credit for Burnden Leisure, the total 'bank' or pot of money if you will, in terms of the purchase and immediate three year running of the club - but also and more significantly the funding for the infrastructure development that will be the core behind why the hotel was key to the purchase.

So in other words two completely separate funding plans/stages, the first to purchase the club, hotel and three year running of the football team - hence why creditors are having to wait, with the second 'ring fenced' funds, to finance whatever the land/property development entails, kicking in only after the purchase had been completed - and not being part of the original purchase financing at all.

I would imagine whatever the planned development is, is completed and sold off within the three year time frame with the expected sale bringing in sufficient to repay the initial capital (for the second stage) with profit used to settle the outstanding creditors from the initial club purchase and thus leaving the core FV members (Sharon and whoever else) with the business with no creditors other than themselves and a club being run financially sustainably, to be taken forward or sold on depending on whatever Sharon's plans are at that point.

I would further imagine the land/property development would in some way directly effect the stadium and hotel and in may be that they are ultimately sold off.  As Michael James/PBP has his money secured on the hotel, then he/they may take the money and leave the consortium at that stage (or at least end PBP's interests as such).

Edited by Sluffy
Grammar errors

1 hour ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I understood the point you were making. I just thought you were also looking for clarification on the agreement with unsecured creditors. In that regard, I assumed the EFL's guidelines might assist.

You assume wrongly then as the EFL set's a minimum percentage payment for unsecured creditors (for two or three years), not a sliding scale or whatever you may have been thinking of(?).

1 hour ago, Chris Custodiet said:

That’s not really how most admins work though. People are paid pence in pound by often very rich individuals 

27 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

You assume wrongly then as the EFL set's a minimum percentage payment for unsecured creditors (for two or three years), not a sliding scale or whatever you may have been thinking of(?).

It was that minimum percentage I was referring to. 25 pence in the pound immediately on completion of the takeover or 35 pence in the pound over three years.

Obviously, FV could've paid more than that if they'd chosen to but I believe it was reported they'd offered 35 pence in the pound. I think it was Nixon who reported what the offer was though, so I don't know how accurate it is.

Edited by Lt. Aldo Raine