Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

The only time I’ll get worried is when the deadline has gone and we haven’t paid they negotiated a deadline it hasn’t passed yet so nothing to worry about it’s a story by the athletic to stir things up nothing more there is nothing in that story that we didn’t know about anyway

I didn't read it as negative. Pretty balanced really. It included bits about how the EFL have been impressed with Brittan and James and how they're going quietly about their business.

I found the bits about the hotel interesting didn't realise it was still in admin. Overall quite an informative piece.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Me neither, be interesting to know what the money is for. Suppose we will find out in due course. 

Didn't one of the anti FV brigade point out something about them using a loan secured against the infrastructure to buy the club?

Nothing wrong in that as far as I can see. We knew they didn't have the deepest pockets and so long as there is a sound business plan then no worries.

I’m no accountant but I’d imagine if you put £40m into a company at the start it would go in as a directors loan, that way when you take the money out it’s tax efficient as you are only getting the money back that you loaned the company up front. No Capital Gains tax (apart from any interest earned) 

Just an assumption mind 

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Just seen that as I’m following them at companies house, great news, anyone know how much it was? And what was the payment for? Assuming it’s the final payment to own everything lock stock and barrel. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Just seen that as I’m following them at companies house, great news, anyone know how much it was? And what was the payment for? Assuming it’s the final payment to own everything lock stock and barrel. 

It says under each charge "brief description". For this one it refers to land registry codes. So I reckon you're right; maybe the bit Eddie left in?