Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
TrickyTrotter

FV Ownership Model

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I joined years ago, but not sure if I still am as I have never been approached to re-pay each season, no wonder that the BWSA is low key. 

If I am not a current member would welcome a nudge each season if I need to renew. 

This meeting was for members and non members anyhow and if publicised correctly I would think 500 plus might of turned up given both manager and assistant manager and Emma Beaugard were present.  . 

 

 

I think you're right. Maybe more publicity would help generate more members.

As you say emails to st holders, or something in the st envelope when it comes.

May become far more relevant than the trust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I think you're right. Maybe more publicity would help generate more members.

As you say emails to st holders, or something in the st envelope when it comes.

May become far more relevant than the trust.

I think the club, the BWSA and the trust should work together to make sure BWFC go forward all together and all with the same vision and goal for the club.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think the club, the BWSA and the trust should work together to make sure BWFC go forward all together and all with the same vision and goal for the club.   

Just like Brexiteers and Remainers should work together with the same vision and goal for the country? I think BWSA are just ordinary supporters who want to support the club but in a different way from unrealistic whingers motivated by pie in the sky ideology.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I think the club, the BWSA and the trust should work together to make sure BWFC go forward all together and all with the same vision and goal for the club.   

Agree. Just don't see the trust sorting itself out any time soon.

I, like you have always been in favour of having a trust, unfortunately at the moment I wouldn't touch it with somebody else's! A bent solicitor doesn't inspire confidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2019 at 17:25, Mounts Kipper said:

Yes I am happy with this appointment same old muppets will be along soon to call fouls because he’s PG son.

Two things we can agree on.

Taken from a comment on AG's appointment on another site:

'' social media is abound by those who don't know the first thing about anything, sounding off their annoyance at his appointment. We truly are surrounded by 4ucking imbeciles''.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to the BWSA meeting last night, which was free for all to attend, I took Junior along and met one other poster off here.

It was poorly advertised (Junior told me about it) and subsequently poorly (60-ish?) attended.

The evening was bizarre and incoherent to be honest. It was set up as a meet & greet of Hill & Flicker, then a brea, then some words from the club chaplain Phil Mason and then Emma Beaugeard (CEO) & Suzanne Speak (hotel) would be the speakers.

Keith & Dave did a bit of Q&A ; usual stuff ie who are your role models, how did you get into football etc etc

Then you could go and get your photo with them (Junior did, I didn't!)

Then Keith & Dave left and there was a break.

Phil Mason (club chaplain) gave a bit of an inspirational/motivational talk about Harry Gosling, leadership and the recent plight of the club and the need for us all to be together and consider the services the club has to offer next time you're hosting an event / looking for a hotel etc etc as every penny is vital and will help rebuild the club. Common sense really.

Then the talk from Emma & Suzanne never materialised, they just opened the floor for questions to them, but they remained sat at their table in the corner and never once stood up to address the audience.

Questions like
the supply of half time beer tokens? 
why are there still some old BWFC logos (ie ribbon badge) still on the windows of the suites?
why does the East Stand still say Macron in the seat pattern?
will we be hosting rugby again?

I despair sometimes at some of the things going through folk's minds.

On a positive note, the hotel has already got more than double the events booked for the coming year than for the last one.
 

Then they had the raffle and that was it.

 

My thoughts were that if it had been promoted properly, there'd have been hundreds there putting ore money in the bar till, just like Mr Mason was asking us to!

Edited by Traf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the Fan Zone is being run in conjunction with the Trust - according to there tweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bwfc2003 said:

I believe the Fan Zone is being run in conjunction with the Trust - according to there tweet

Emma confirmed the occasional re-introduction of the Fanzone, but no mention of the Trust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The BWSA advertised the event heavily themselves, I'm not sure what more they can do. The club themselves retweeted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Traf said:

I went to the BWSA meeting last night, which was free for all to attend, I took Junior along and met one other poster off here.

It was poorly advertised (Junior told me about it) and subsequently poorly (60-ish?) attended.

The evening was bizarre and incoherent to be honest. It was set up as a meet & greet of Hill & Flicker, then a brea, then some words from the club chaplain Phil Mason and then Emma Beaugeard (CEO) & Suzanne Speak (hotel) would be the speakers.

Keith & Dave did a bit of Q&A ; usual stuff ie who are your role models, how did you get into football etc etc

Then you could go and get your photo with them (Junior did, I didn't!)

Then Keith & Dave left and there was a break.

Phil Mason (club chaplain) gave a bit of an inspirational/motivational talk about Harry Gosling, leadership and the recent plight of the club and the need for us all to be together and consider the services the club has to offer next time you're hosting an event / looking for a hotel etc etc as every penny is vital and will help rebuild the club. Common sense really.

Then the talk from Emma & Suzanne never materialised, they just opened the floor for questions to them, but they remained sat at their table in the corner and never once stood up to address the audience.

Questions like
the supply of half time beer tokens? 
why are there still some old BWFC logos (ie ribbon badge) still on the windows of the suites?
why does the East Stand still say Macron in the seat pattern?
will we be hosting rugby again?

I despair sometimes at some of the things going through folk's minds.

On a positive note, the hotel has already got more than double the events booked for the coming year than for the last one.
 

Then they had the raffle and that was it.

 

My thoughts were that if it had been promoted properly, there'd have been hundreds there putting ore money in the bar till, just like Mr Mason was asking us to!

Shocking that only 60 folk attended, this under lines my point that it was badly advertised and the supporters association needs a complete overhaul. 

The club could help them by promoting and supporting the association, perhaps free membership should be part of the season ticket and the marketing and promoting of the association could be brought under the clubs wing.

2 years ago I by chance witnessed Schalke on their winter break in a hotel near Benidorm, they had invited their supporters association (at supporters own cost) to the same hotel for a few days where the fans had access to the players, they put on an open training session and the players and fans mixed at a BBQ put on by the club, it was refreshing to see, this type of close relationship builds fan loyalty and brings players and fans together, would be fantastic if BWFC attempted to build something similar.  

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Traf said:

Emma confirmed the occasional re-introduction of the Fanzone, but no mention of the Trust.

The trust have mentioned it on there FB page

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Traf said:

I went to the BWSA meeting last night, which was free for all to attend, I took Junior along and met one other poster off here.

It was poorly advertised (Junior told me about it) and subsequently poorly (60-ish?) attended.

The evening was bizarre and incoherent to be honest. It was set up as a meet & greet of Hill & Flicker, then a brea, then some words from the club chaplain Phil Mason and then Emma Beaugeard (CEO) & Suzanne Speak (hotel) would be the speakers.

Keith & Dave did a bit of Q&A ; usual stuff ie who are your role models, how did you get into football etc etc

Then you could go and get your photo with them (Junior did, I didn't!)

Then Keith & Dave left and there was a break.

Phil Mason (club chaplain) gave a bit of an inspirational/motivational talk about Harry Gosling, leadership and the recent plight of the club and the need for us all to be together and consider the services the club has to offer next time you're hosting an event / looking for a hotel etc etc as every penny is vital and will help rebuild the club. Common sense really.

Then the talk from Emma & Suzanne never materialised, they just opened the floor for questions to them, but they remained sat at their table in the corner and never once stood up to address the audience.

Questions like
the supply of half time beer tokens? 
why are there still some old BWFC logos (ie ribbon badge) still on the windows of the suites?
why does the East Stand still say Macron in the seat pattern?
will we be hosting rugby again?

I despair sometimes at some of the things going through folk's minds.

On a positive note, the hotel has already got more than double the events booked for the coming year than for the last one.
 

Then they had the raffle and that was it.

 

My thoughts were that if it had been promoted properly, there'd have been hundreds there putting ore money in the bar till, just like Mr Mason was asking us to!

Goslin not Gosling.

I once tried quite hard  to get the Grauniad's David Conn to do a piece on Harry Goslin, the Burnden Park disaster and how Harry's son, Bob, prevented a disaster at Hillsborough in 1981.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/sheffield-wednesday-chairman-said-bks-7392874

Conn wouldn't print the story but how come the Beeno knew none of this when Bob died in 2008?

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/3626999.former-police-chief-dies-after-illness/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carlos said:

The BWSA advertised the event heavily themselves, I'm not sure what more they can do. The club themselves retweeted it.

Correct.

As far as I'm aware the BWSA is the 'recognised' and 'official' fan body in the eyes of the club - but is totally independent from it - and thus why it would not be up to the club to notify individual ST holders of the event, in just the same way they wouldn't notify Season Ticket holders of any Supporters Trust meetings.

The big difference in terms of getting the message of the meeting out was that of the local papers Chief Football Writer complete and utter silence on the matter, either by twitter - not event by means of a retweet - or flagging the event up in the paper.

He didn't attend last night and retweet just one comment on the night after the event had finished.

The event I remind you had the clubs manager, assistant manager, the CEO of Football Ventures, the Hotel Manager and the clubs Chaplin present.

Compare that to how Iles actively promotes (and attends!!!) the Supporters Trusts meetings (which to be fair are about as frequent of Preston Guilds these days - any sight of their long outstanding AGM/elections - or similarly over due accounts?  No, thought not!), which not only have NO club representation in attendance but have frequently been used to be negative towards the club owner and (more to the point) our future saviours, Mike James, FV and Eddie Davies Trust.

Another shining example of Iles utter bias and total lack of fair and responsible reporting to me - but of course I am totally obsessed by him apparently - or so I am told by some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the trust have any involvement in fanzone, im out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be glad when fanzone re opens. Less ankle biters running around or playing football in hotel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon if the BWSA had asked the Bolton News to mention the event in the paper they would have done for free.

Blaming Marc Iles for a poor attendance at a BWSA event is being obsessive to be honest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if the Westhoughton lads slipped in quietly via the A6, cos they didn't want to drink in  Horwich and risk a massive row with the casuals.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I reckon if the BWSA had asked the Bolton News to mention the event in the paper they would have done for free.

Blaming Marc Iles for a poor attendance at a BWSA event is being obsessive to be honest

A reasonable statement.

No need for anyone to be playing a blame game. Just ideas.

Seems reasonable to stick something (a meeting timetable for example) in the season ticket envelope for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

I reckon if the BWSA had asked the Bolton News to mention the event in the paper they would have done for free.

Blaming Marc Iles for a poor attendance at a BWSA event is being obsessive to be honest

Do you honestly think that Iles was completely unaware of a public meeting which included the clubs top paid employee, the manager and his assistant and the Hotel Manager?

Don't you think he might follow the football clubs twitter account - that DID tweet about the meeting?

Don't you think as someone PAID to report on the club, he might have bothered himself to attend the clubs 'official' supporters body and maybe even done a feature on Emma Beaugeard (her first public meeting in capacity as the clubs CEO) and also Suzanne Speak (good PR for feature for the hotel which was after all so crucial in the long and protracted take over of the club?

Even if you don't think he should have automatically tweeted and advertised the public meeting without being asked (do we know for sure he wasn't?) don't you think he at least should have attended in his capacity of the local newspapers football reporter - particularly following all that happened over the last several months?

Extremely strange then he didn't, didn't get anyone to go in his place, didn't bother to retweet either the BWSA tweet, or the clubs, retweet of theirs, didn't make any comments in his articles (or at least the ones I've seen) of last nights meeting - and to all intents and purposes completely 'blanked' the BWSA event of yesterday.

Certainly seems very strange behaviour to me.

Do you think he will completely ignore the next ST meeting - if of course they ever have one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spot on Sluffy. FV will know what a corrosive individual Iles can be even if his followers can't.

I think Iles sees himself as the champion of the workers against grasping mill owners without it ever dawning on him that the owners had been struggling to keep the mill open for decades, never able to afford the wages of the highest paid 'here today gone tomorrow' employees who, in turn, were not in the least bothered about the fate of the mill or the rest of the workforce.

FV have done everything they could to moderate their risk but they are taking a risk. Just wait and see what happens if their gamble doesn't come off or dare to take a profit if it does.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with sluffy on this occasion, Iles really is playing at reporting on BWFC, could you imagine Gordon Sharrock not being present. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Casino said:

If the trust have any involvement in fanzone, im out

You are becoming a sad and bitter individual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I agree with sluffy on this occasion, Iles really is playing at reporting on BWFC, could you imagine Gordon Sharrock not being present. 

I don't think Gordon Sharrock would have been there but Gordon Shorrock might have been.

Iles is usually hardworking and actually quite good at reporting on the footie. Its when he strays into other areas that he's a nightmare.

And btw, why do you think the name Goslin would resonate so loudly with me when Bob Goslin died in 2008 but did not seem to resonate at all with the Bolton Evening News? Had they never heard of Harry Goslin or the well-publicised part his son had played in avoiding a disaster at Hillsborough in 1981?

 

Edited by Chris Custodiet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.