Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Owners

TrickyTrotter

52 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Not for me thanks.

I've got enough trolls on my back already on here and all I've ever intended doing was to better help others understand what's being going based on what facts we have been given and what knowledge and experience I've acquired in my profession over the years.

I think it's your humility and altruism that I admire the most

12 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I think it's your humility and altruism that I admire the most

I've said many times before, my age and health precludes me from going to games anymore.

Although I can and do watch the games on streams and Radio, I like following the thoughts and views of people who actually went and that's why I enjoy forums to any other forum of social media.

My way of giving back to the sites are by commenting on things I do know a bit about and hopefully is enlightening to others.

What's your issue with that?

Not that after trolling me for over a decade, over various forums, you particularly need one.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Sluffy said:

I've said many times before, my age and health precludes me from going to games anymore.

Although I can and do watch the games on streams and Radio, I like following the thoughts and views of people who actually went and that's why I enjoy forums to any other forum of social media.

My way of giving back to the sites are by commenting on things I do know a bit about and hopefully is enlightening to others.

Not that after trolling me for over a decade, over various forums, you particularly need one.

do you pay for legit streams or hooky ones?

2 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

I was being honest 

• Site Supporter

Wow

People on Twitter already pulling FV up on the terms of the deal.

Maybe we should have Steve Dale in charge, he kicks EVERY deal back out of the door. Yes, the club has been booted out of the league, but at least he's avoided a leveraged deal.

Fucking. Hell. Fire.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Spider said:

Wow

Maybe we should have Steve Dale in charge, he kicks EVERY deal back out of the door. Yes, the club has been booted out of the league, but at least he's avoided a leveraged deal.

Fucking. Hell. Fire.

folk are arses

6 minutes ago, Spider said:

Wow

Fucking. Hell. Fire.

Twitter for you. 

15 minutes ago, snowball said:

Sluffy in not a proper fan shocker. Players coming in all over place new manager fresh start and hes still.banging on about shite 

Fwiw, what I've been talking about on this thread is all about the new start and what amount has been put into the company in order to short term fund it in order that we could even appoint a manager and bring players in!!!

Without it the club would not be able to trade!!!

I might be a shit fan but at least I know what needs to happens first in order to be able to appoint a manager and sign the players.

Clearly you don't.

3 hours ago, Mannyroader said:

I would like to see a business model. How will the new owners generate revenue from the non-football assets? I doubt we will see one and will just have make a judgement on developments as and when they happen.

Well for a start, more events in the premier suite, which stands empty a lot of the time.

There is also another way of understanding the financing of FV as per the charges resisted.

There clearly isn't £40m worth of assets in the company to secure against now.

However if both Brittan and Luckock /(a venture capitalist?) have actually put £40m in as loans, then maybe there is an intention to spend some of it on development and the creation of new assets - possibly building something on the land/car parks for instance?

Maybe the £10m or so in excess of the current assets value will be used to create new assets to that value and more?

I obviously imagine the required outline planning consents must have been discussed first though, hardly likely they would be considering such a scenario and taking a £10m punt just on the off chance?

As the loans are to be repaid in three years then I assume their plan is to add value to what is there already and once done sell on for a profit within that time frame.

9 minutes ago, Sluffy said:

Fwiw, what I've been talking about on this thread is all about the new start and what amount has been put into the company in order to short term fund it in order that we could even appoint a manager and bring players in!!!

Without it the club would not be able to trade!!!

I might be a shit fan but at least I know what needs to happens first in order to be able to appoint a manager and sign the players.

Clearly you don't.

You've more patience than me Sluffy. My God there are some dopes support BWFC. Not lived in Bolton for more than half my life and only missed a handful of home games in the last 25 years but I get increasingly depressed at the tripe I hear and read. And I can't see that there's the slightest indication of it getting better.

Eddie Davies was no better than he ought to be and Ken Anderson was the messiah was the general view expressed at what was probably the last ever AGM of Burnden Leisure. KA had made a lot of correct and essential decisions and got us through two critical years but ...

Smart people generally keep their thoughts to themselves which, I'm afraid,  makes you and I a bit daft even bothering to try to explain anything rationally.